Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

Getting Angry Can Be a Good Thing

Nephissa   

On my daily commute I have enough in-car time that I grew to hate the entertainment junk, and most commercial radio stations long ago for their short playlist repetition and so forth. Since then I've gotten hooked on NPR. One of my favourite shows being: This I Believe. Their words brings comfort and motivates me to work hard and challenge myself.

Here's what I listened last week:

After a dinner table conversation with my family about the wars going on in Central America and the involvement of the United States (my country by birth and my parents' country by choice), a good friend said the thing that set me off. He told me that he thought the U.S. might someday go to war somewhere in Latin America. He looked me in the eye and told me that if it happens, he believes my parents belong in an internment camp just like the Japanese-Americans during World War II.

Read or Listen it here:

Getting Angry Can Be a Good Thing!

Muhammad   

Salaams Bishaaro,

the article was interesting. I guess the point is to use your anger wisely and not to let it use you.

be the change you want to seein the world - Mahatma Gandhi

Amani

<-- another NPR/PBS fanatic.

Salaan...

Here we have the ever-great CBC, both radio and television quality programs. Its radio's best program, such as As It Happens or TV's fifth estate, cannot be produced by a private corporation. I wished the late Peter Jennings, the only great anchor down south, to have stayed and worked at CBC.

Private media is really garbage, to say the least. The only thing they care and after is profit and great ratings, and thus make more profit. Private media will never be like the publicly-funded BBC or Al Jazeera.

And did I say I am angry at those private media who don't report news as it is, without sanitizing or biased.

Nephissa   

Originally posted by m u h a m m a d:

the article was interesting. I guess the point is to use your anger wisely and not to let it use you.

^^

Right, and that we also not belong here!

I donate to my local affiliate, just so they send me stickers. :D

MMA: Like anything they aren't always perfectly balanced on sides of issues, but they tend to have research and shows that clearly show they really try to present issues honestly with input from various points-of-view. I was watching when The Fifth State aired Dixon. :D

Muhammad   

As It Happens

I believe NPR airs that program, 10pm in where I am.

I use to catch some of CBC's programs when I had a Dish on NWI. High Quality!

Actually that is not true. Getting angry is not a good thing, holding back your anger is. Then release it all in midget throwing match. I tell ya, it feels good.