Sign in to follow this  
Instinct.Poet

Are you Somali?REally

this is true! i run into some like that! but hey who i am to judge! all i know is that islam is religion that was imported to us and we accepted. that said, if one does not accepted then, he is free to choice whatever he/she likes.

we shouldnt play like god and say, well there goes the neighborhood!

ce the thing that i dont understand about the new islam fantatics these days, is they are adaption of the wahabi techings and applying it to life in general while ignoring their original root like being Hanfi...which all malis were before.

Gabbal   

Allah subxanawatacaala knows if it's true or not, but if it's true, then I hold disgust for that guy, not pity!

Last time i visited hospital, the reception asked me what is ur nationality (of course in arabic) my answer was Somaliah, if i say any thing else she would ask me prove which i don't have other than somali passport.

again what does that to do with my religion? i can be somali and moslim , it could be somalian and christian " wa3eyado bellah"

Salaam Alaikom.

Qac Qaac   

Ahmed Mohamed and he is cristian. whattttt

at least name yourself, Christopher Mathew something like that. i think the guy was a hypocrite first, when he used to go to the Dugsi Quranka anyways. secondly who cares if he is somali, the sad thing to see someone who is muslim to go to christianity. i wonder sometimes where the guy lives, can't he see Islam is the fastest growing religion, and he said he is confused with the history of Islam. the guy is just dump, cadeen ppl are becoming muslims. doesn't he go to siraj wahaj comunity in New York, in brokelyn the whole comunity is blacks who became muslims. they say we wanna built our own madina right in the middle of New York. man. i guess ppl are changing. i wish all the hypcrites just say they all christain. he was confused and he went to christianity like that will help. he was looking for answers, taht is a lie, coz if he was he would become a sheikh in Islam, coz it answers everything.

I like Most of the responses, I've read in here,

But what is "SOMALI" and what are the the many

significants or appearances to knowing one is

somali?

QUOTING AMEENAH:

For some strange reason many of us seem to think that to be Somali you are automatically Muslim and anyone who isn't a Somali Muslim has deviated from the Somali way of life.

I have come across quite a few Somali gaalos, who are Somali as one can be .. but they arn't Muslims - I got no beef with them!

Is not that anyone is beefing or porking anything.

Is just simply being excepted.How could you say

I'm muslim/christian?Your Either somali+muslim

Or neither.

The way i se it,SOMALI is and east african person whom has the dialect of somali tongue culture based on ISLAM.Anything out of that

Catogory, Isn't somali but just another Degraded

Used to be somali..

What Is somali To you?

Batuulo   

a/c wr wb

bisinka.. how come i missed this topic..

it's made up .. i agree with syhem.. how it could be possible 2 poeple doesn't met before ask such a questions like that? :eek: :confused: :rolleyes: subhana allah .. may protect our poeple ameen

Blessed   

Originally posted by rudy:

all i know is that islam is religion that was imported to us and we accepted. that said, if one does not accepted then, he is free to choice whatever he/she likes. ... ce the thing that i dont understand about the new islam fantatics these days, is they are adaption of the wahabi techings and applying it to life in general while ignoring their original root like being Hanfi...which all malis were before.

Tell me love, whats with your facination with the Saudis? and waht makes the Hanafi school of thought more special than the other three?

Quoting Instinctive Poet

Is not that anyone is beefing or porking anything.

Is just simply being excepted.How could you say

I'm muslim/christian?Your Either somali+muslim

Or neither.

The way i se it,SOMALI is and east african person whom has the dialect of somali tongue culture based on ISLAM.Anything out of that

Catogory, Isn't somali but just another Degraded

Used to be somali..

What Is somali To you?

A Somali to me is some who originates or is born to parents who originate from the Somalia of The Horn of Africa. Although, traditionaly Somalis are muslim by the majority we have to accept the non-Muslim minority.

I don't think that ethinicity (being Somali) and relgion (being Muslim) are always dependent on each other.

Modesty   

Asalaamu Alaykum,

For some reason the article didn't show up for me.

Anyways, I got what the article was about.

Link-You are so right! You don't see muslims going to great lengths to prove that a christian converted. There is a saying that goes who ever is below you or at the bottom of your feet always talks about you. Islam is rich in faith, and they are just jealous!

Ladiif   

lol@rudy!! To be exact, what you saying man? that you have doubts about Islam? ...."Islam was imported and we accepted it" and the wahabi thing, what is this all about man? bro, Islam is Nasiixa and there is no force in Islam (La ikraaha fi al-deen).Waylak!!

Salaan...

A Soomaali without Islam is like a person wearing a trouser without underwear.

A Soomaali who doesn't speak or write Soomaali--whatever the excuse--and proudly says so in-your-face is like a ghost among people.

A Soomaali without his dhaqan is like...well, without any clothes.

Thus, if you are Soomaali plus Muslim plus with dhaqan: 100% Soomaali.

Soomaali plus Muslim but without dhaqan {including not speaking the language}: 80% Soomaali.

Soomaali minus Muslim and minus dhaqan: 20% Soomaali.

I can hardly imagine associating with--even though I had seen--a Soomaali without his Islamic faith. I cannot even for now give a second thought a Soomaali without af Soomaali.

Macsalaama.

hi my fellow nomads. its been a while and feels good to be back.

well, well. what do we have here. my brother MMA i have to disagree with you on your few bullets about somali.

islam does'nt belong to one sociaty and its shared by all kind of sociaties. what would u have a called a chinese who is muslim, will he/she be a chinese without a trouser,,not realy. triblistic labeling is a way of locating your origin it does'nt have anything to do with religion.

as a friend of mine mentioned to me a while ago, culture "daqan" does'nt exist in a muslim person. the way we get married, how we behave arround elders,table manners, how we should treat our neighbours, how we should sleep, they way of eating our food,,etc are all mentioned in the holy guran. so, i dont think culture exists but we live the way we have been told by the quran-karim.

a muslim is who accepts and recites the shahaada. if a muslim does what allah forbid us, then thats between him/her and allah. its not safe for any person to label another muslim that they are not muslim for what they did

on the other hand. i myself was born and raised in a diferent country and u want to deny me to call myself somali if i dont speak or write somali. well, my dad and mom are both somali and that makes me somali too(thats my origin)

well my apology if i misundrstood anyone smile.gif

i could have added more but i dont want to bore you guys. hope u understand what i meant

thats my 2 cents as my sis scorpion likes to say smile.gif

Paragon   

Unless there is another definition to what being a Somali means, I don't believe I'm a Somali by virtue and wisedom. There is no point being a Somali when Somaliness 'in itself' has no goodness that is worth mentioning. But in vice, regrettably I am a Somali.

Originally posted by Instinct-Poet:

But what is "SOMALI" and what are the the many

significants or appearances to knowing one is

somali?

Bruh, I don't even know If I'm Somali, so why am I going to judge someone I don't know how SOMALI he is?

In any case, how do you come to such conclusion from a single article?

Mujahida   

There is one somali in my college. He converted to Christianity but he still has his islamic name.

A'uduBillah Indeed!

How can one Leave islam for something else? :confused:

Truly In Allah's hands our soul and Imaan lies!