Sign in to follow this  
Instinct.Poet

Are you Somali?REally

Thanx for clicking on the topic,

However, My intentions was how do we know

we are somalis anymore.The people that had beautyfull

yet unique facial feature, with Rich religion,rich culture, Poor in social, but very understanding indaviduals.I just read an article on somali guy

that lives here where i'm from Minneapolis Minnesota,has the typical somali name ,this guy is really amazing,so amazing that he might amaze you, click here to reead the article,Are you Somali??

After reading the article what are thoughts

that came to your mind,?

Go on ahead have your opinionz.

To seek answers on heaven and God is not a new thing but I don't understand his ultimate decision to depend on "saved by Jesus" rhetoric to go to heaven. lol

Heaven = Hardwork.

Innalaahu Yahdii ManYashaa.

MD   

Interesting Article It's sad really since somalia is nation where 99.9 percent of the population is muslims..that's why we (somalis) find it weird whenever we hear a somali christian..Wondering why he didn't change his name yet, i've heard of two families that converted from islam to christianity in North America..

May allah guide those who were misguided..ameen smile.gif

shyhem   

Ahmed Mohamed was in the line at a Minneapolis grocery store, when a man behind him tapped him on the shoulder and asked,

Are you Somali?

Yes.

Are you new here in Minnesota?

Well, yes.

Why haven't I seen you in the mosque?

I don't go to the mosque.

I didn't read the whole article but so far this stuff looks like its made up.Since when do a somali u have never seen before ask u such a question"Why haven't i seen you in the mosque?

Link   

This makes me so sick, I haven't even read it all *and don't plan on to* but what is plastered all over the article is BullShit . I dont understand why dont these people get a life and practise theie religion. You don't see Muslims going out and trying to make up stories about them. Its like if you really think your path is the way and nothing else you wouldn't go thru all that trouble of trying to convert Muslims.

This people really tick me off, its like go get a friggin' hobby or something.

GET OFF OUR BACKS

Breath In ... Breath Out ... Breath In ... Breath Out

RaMpAgE   

Ahmed Mohamed was in the line at a Minneapolis grocery store, when a man behind him tapped him on the shoulder and asked,

Are you Somali?

Yes.

Are you new here in Minnesota?

Well, yes.

Why haven't I seen you in the mosque?

I don't go to the mosque.

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I didn't read the whole article but so far this stuff looks like its made up.Since when do a somali u have never seen before ask u such a question"Why haven't i seen you in the mosque?

I agree bro, from the few sentencs i reed i knew it was bullshit.

anways those who doubt islam are those with lack of iman smile.gif

Blessed   

The question should really be are you a Muslim.

For some strange reason many of us seem to think that to be Somali you are automatically Muslim and anyone who isn't a Somali Muslim has deviated from the Somali way of life.

I have come across quite a few Somali gaalos, who are Somali as one can be .. but they arn't Muslims - I got no beef with them!

However, what really bothers me are the Somali Mulims that copy cat gaalo so much - you wonder wethere they have ever picked up the Quran. is like they are muslims when with the Somalis and Islaam lama sheegto marka dadka kale lala joogo.... There are a lot of hypocrites arround walaahi - and they bother me more then those who are at least honest about their faith - like the Mohamed geezer in this article. Allow noo sahal :rolleyes:

I would advice all those 'ifi' type of Muslims - If you want to carry the banner of Islam then stop mocking the Ayat of Allah... when we leave this little world your Somalinimo will not save you from hell, you need to follow that teachings of the Quran for that.

So yes walaalo, I am Somali but before that (or any other label) I am a Muslim - by choice ;) .

OG Moti   

Shyhem i was asking the same question bro, i do think it is made up too, cause i mean comeon old somali days people were more closer and someone might ask u why i havent seen u in the mosque, but now adays even in muslim countries no one would ask u that Q... not to mention Minneapolis Minnesota, are u telling me all somalis there go to mosque?

anyway, it could also be true, and if it is, he is just the most stupid guy i have ever heard of, i mean he was confused and seeked answers and end up with christianity and he is still confused, so when u are confused of something u stick to ur confusion till u find something tht takes away that confusion, so FUTOOOO XUMID BUU DIINTA KALA TAGAY hana dhaafo, isagaa ku FUTOOO xun... waxuu yiri jesus died for my sins .. caqli xumaaa.. iyo dabaal sanaa ma qofkale dhiigiiisa ayaan cabayaaa.. . it is violant religion masiixinimada.... Allaha soo hanuuniyo qandho futa weyn baa heysa.. peace

This is what I thought of the article:

I think that I shouldn't care what religion he follows!

I am just a tiny bit curious. He graduated from Princeton studying Christianity. So why does he say He doesn't believe in the same God as Muslims? ...

:confused:

I don't understand his ultimate decision to depend on "saved by Jesus" rhetoric to go to heaven. lol

^^ yeah i didn't understand either. Subxanallah he's confused. Whether the story is made up or not there are a lot of ppl who converted from Islam lately.. Just pray that God strenghtens our iman inshallah. This life is only temporary.

WingA   

i didnt believe a word of it coz its american!! lool..

when i went to canada my cuzin husband convered to Islam from Christianity and i was really happy for him but i guess some are coming back to Islam and some are going out of Islam.. its getting alot eaiser for them (Christians) to change them now-days!!

may allah keep our ppl on the right path..ameen..

salaams..

HAHAHAHAHHHAHHHHAHHAHHAH HEY I DONT FEEL SORRY FOR THIS GUY BECUASE MOST OUR SOMALIAN ARE MESS THE UP THEY DRINKING BEERS AND THEY DONT PRAY AT ALL. I WISH THEY CHANGE THIER NAME TOO BECUZ I DONT LIKE THEM WHO EVER DRINKING AND I DONT WORRY ABOUT THEM AM WORRY ABOUT MYSELF I WILL NOT GONNA DO ANTHING THAT AGAINST MY RELIGION PERIOD.

SO PLEASE MY PEOPLE DONT WORRY ABOUT ANYBODY ALSO JUST WORRY ABOUT YOURSELVES AND DONT FORGET THAT WE HAVE THE BEST RELIGION IN THE WORLD. SO LETS KEEP THAT WAY.

NinBrown   

This story doesnt add up...as you read you can clearly see its made up...but it tells me one thing...if we are not careful and practice our deen completly and fully and these kinda articles would start to increase in number...cos they will think they can get to us.

Senora   

Well if this story is true....then " to each its own" , ......only god can judge him

but if its made up, then i found that very offensive