galbeedi

Former and current Jeegaan ministers caught stealing public funds.

galbeedi   

Musuq Maasuq Soomaali waa mehedadeedii.

Those of us who follow Somali politics know how far Somali public officials and crooks would go to steal public money. In 2012, Former President Hassan Sheikh and his Damujadiid operatives tried to open an account in Dubai to deposit money that would be recovered from foreign banks. Tens of millions of dollars owned by the Somali state were frozen in foreign banks mainly New York and Swiss Banks. Foreign lawyers hired to recover these assets were successful to recover some of that money and there were high hopes that hundred of millions sitting in those banks could be recovered in the future.

The Somali officials hired to facilitate the recovery of the foreign lawyers tried to divert that money to offshore accounts in Dubai. In order to steal the money through the power of the state , they dispatched the deputy finance minister Mahad Salaad--that is the same Mahad Salaad who is trying to obstruct the work of prime minister Khayre--and the Somali ambassador in UAE. They were both empowered by Damujadiid to steal the money.

In order to transfer the money, the foreign banks in New York,any   demanded that the governor of the Somali central bank to approve and sign those transfers in accounts other than the Somali central bank. Mahad Salaad went to Dubai on behalf of the ministry of finance and the president asked the governor of the Somali bank to go to dubai and sign on the account. Fortunately, the governor of the bank  happen to be an honest lady named Yusur Abraar, and she refused to transfer Somali state assets to offshore accounts which might pave the way for embezzlement. After she received couple of direct orders and threatening messages, she decided to resign and she spoke out through the media.

The Jeegaan crooks who are more greedy and criminal than any Somali entity we have seen for the last 60 years wanted to steal an investment dollars that was intended either for Wajaale-Berbra road or other agreed upon direct investments. The UAE delayed the funding of some of these projects before the election on the fear that these agreements could be scrapped by the new government. The soft speaking crook, jeegaan foreign minister Sacad Cali Shire, personally asked Muuse Biixi to keep him at the foreign ministry in order to bring the investment and fulfil the agreements signed by Dubai. 

Sacad Shire, the soft speaking crook  who is famous for his " Xaqul Qaklim" schemes to steal money from foreign companies , wanted to cut his own cash from these deals before he leaves office. Also, former ministers and the women who were running Somaliland with Biixi for the last year of the Siilaanyo administration, wanted to get their cut before the money goes to the central bank. THese ladies might be out of the government, but they want to steal as much as possible since financial bonanza under the Jeegaan is looking to dry.

Here are the facts of the case about the "Somaliland investment company' in Dubai. 

First the two people who are in charge of the investment company are both related to the two ladies, one the wife of Ahmed Siilaanyo, the other is the former finance minister who is a well known individual who created most the inflation the destroyed the livelihood of the ordinary people.

Second, rather than register this company in Somaliland through the finance ministry and open an account in the central bank, they opened and offshore account without the knowledge of the finance ministry and the bank. 

Further more, directors of the government investment agency or corporation should be appointed by the president, or the finance ministry to oversee the activities of the agency. Those who are appointed in these investment agencies must be people of high caliper both in financial circles and must posses high degree of integrity and independence. Yet, two wet boys who never managed a shilling were put in charge because of nepotism and corruption.

Third,the Somaliland investment ministry does not know the existence of this agency as was clarified by the director of the agency. 

Forth, in order to cash and divide the proceedings, all relevant crooks from the Jeegaan had met in Dubai as we speak. Among those who were present to loot the public purse were : Saamsam Aadan, former finance minister, Wife of the former president, Mohamuud Xaashi , former chief of staff of Siilaanyo who was acting the de facto president while the old man was taken care off, and their lieutenants, Baashe Morgan, and the nephew of Samsam acting the secretary of the agency.

This time the Jeegaan get caught of stealing at the day light, yet as chairman Cirro demanded, someone should resign to atone this crime. Why would a playboy kid who was former musician is allowed to use the Somaliland foreign relations as a family shop to steal money. He should have been fired the day the warlord became president.

For the last seven years,  millions of dollars of foreign aid and relief aid to help the people were stolen by the Jeegaan and their associates. No one knows what the 64 million SDF went  without showing anything tangible. The $152 million dollar Hargeisa water project is utter failure after six years. The minister of the water said today  that there will not be any water expected from those wells in " Xumbo Wayne". Six years of lie and millions wasted. He is not a member of the Habro that is probably the reason he is telling the truth. Who knows the Jeegaan might fire him after he told the truth.

The Jeegaan is not only ignorant, but ruthless and greedy. 

Jeegaantu waa Nacab.

The media is muzzled, and those with the knowledge were disbanded from these ministries. Siilaanyo and company just came and looted everything and everyone. They acted like a locust that was hungry by taking as much  kill as possible before they were disbanded. Certainly these people from Burco and Gabiley  are not only hungry but also corrupt and ignorant. They fired all those who would have helped their people to find decent water. They could have went to Borama and study how the water of that city were managed by private and public partnership which is covering 90% of city with less than few hundred of thousand dollars. Yet  the Jeegaan spent $152 dollars with no water in sight. Waa Jaahil Jaahil Hagaya.

For all these years, the water and mineral ministers were from Jeegaan for a long time. A year ago, a serious man from Laascaanod was the minister and he confronted those who were looting things both in Berbera and Hargeisa. After he spoke, The Siilaanyo boys fired him. Almost all the ministers from the Jeegaan are either ignorant or crooks( Waa Juhalo magac qabiil meesha lagu keenay, ama tuugo xadhkaha goosayat).Here is the lady that was hired because she is Jeegaan: Each tribe is doing it's agenda without coordination.

.Imisaan lahayn Qabiil iyo dawladi isma galaan.

• Thanks 1

This is BIG, but the public does not care, else they wouldn't elect them.

The thing worse than corruption is when people see it as the norm. it is Systemic corruption

Mooge   

niyoow we told you the jeegaan project is for dividing the internationally donated cash between the known biixi clan oligarchs. shekadi mooge idiin sheegayay o waa been tirahdeen ma haday rumoowday. lol

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Saalax   
3 hours ago, Mooge said:

niyoow we told you the jeegaan project is for dividing the internationally donated cash between the known biixi clan oligarchs. shekadi mooge idiin sheegayay o waa been tirahdeen ma haday rumoowday. lol

The jeegaan project got exposed. Now everyone knows it is a begging bowl for IC donations to loot. It won't last long.

galbeedi   

Few weeks ago,  I thought this oodweyne character was probably  a Jeegaan who was working overtime to help his hapless Jeegaan in the media. Since then , through his statements and some hard facts, I accepted that Oodweyne is indeed a West Burco guy albeit a bad one.

Although it is hard to sift through his long drivels which are mostly meaningless balderdash, few things appear from his writings. First , despite his educational background and living in advanced country like Britain, Oodweyne just thinks like old Gadhcase who is sitting  in Hotel Maansour and judging everything in terms of his tribal camels and guarding himself  against the old tribal rivals of Southern Somalia.

Second while he keeps the merits of his tribe and their rights against anyone else, he conveniently ignores the tribal actions of the Jeegaan for the some unknown reason.  Although he might claim that the Somaliland project is paramount to him , he ignores those whose actions might undermine both the project and cohesiveness of the community. Like most tribal die hards, he is a symbol of contradictions.

I tried to analyze  what drives Oodweyne to ignore the unforgivable errors of the Jeegaan if he is genuine person who cares about people and their plight. Since then , I came in two conclusions.

First, these are the actions of those whose bread are buttred by the Jeegaan. In other words, they are earning their groceries. That is usually the behaviours of guys who will always work with whomever government that comes to power. Cawil C. Ducaale comes to mind ,who went from Udub to Siilaanyo and now Biixi. I will not say anything more than that about Cawil since he is your maternal uncle and I, Galbeedi , will be honourable unlike the " Gun" Jeegaan.

Second, Useful idiots.

These Kind of actions are the behaviours of those from West Brco who are described by the Jeegaan as useful idiots. Just like the first group, these guys are also rewarded handsomely in terms of money , but they are also given ministerial positions, not for their individual capacity, but  for their tendency  to keep singing what we call in the Somali tradition the typical " Noolow Madaale iyo Guulwadayn".

This characters are chosen specifically to be deployed against their own kin to further the Jeegaan agenda. THere was this friend of mine from east Burco , and when I ask him about the reasons they keep using old farts like Warancadde who is not a Kulmiye, He used to say, " Waxaan ku Karbaashaynaa kuwa reerkiisa ee dowlada ka soo horjeeda". Another useful idiot from West Burco was a man by the name of Cadaani who left Minneapolis with Ahmed Samatar and became the laughing stock of his own community. He said, "Mujaahid Siilaanyo dar Illahay baan U jecelahay". 

He was specifically deployed to insult chairman Cirro and company. Every time someone from WAddani camp or West Burco community said something bad about Siilaanyo and his government,  this useful idiot Cadaani , will hold the court to insult Cirro and everyone on behalf of the Jeegaan. After the election was over, he was kicked in the teeth and thrown out. In fact, when he was transferring his ministerial position,  he cried like a baby. This behaviour is not only specific to West Burco, but all across Somaliland. If you said something bad against the Jeegaan ruling class your cousin or Suldaan will come to the microphone and dp the usual attack.

Having seen your behaviour since you came back from home after the election, you are trying hard to atone the crimes of the Jeegaan. You never said openly that the election was rigged by Kulmiye, and they must be accountable in every move they make. You just kept repeating your tribal metaphor of expecting your tribal cousins to give you the power next time. Well, the leader might have been from your clan, but millions of people have wronged and robbed, and we are not willing to take it anymore quitely.

Furthermore, you keep attacking my motivations and saying that I have an agenda to put down Somaliland. My friend, let me give you the news. I hate the Jeegaan and I want to dismantle it . I want to dismantle the entrenched system of the Jeegaan before they get more power and oppress all of us. Since you also claimed openly to install " Calan Isaaq" in Somaliland, I also intend to fight that tribal flag since I am not that tribe. Unlike those who you keep telling to stay away of Somaliland, I am stakeholder, and will not keep quiet while you and your proxies deny my family the basic needs like water.

$152 million has been spent to provide water for Hargeisa, and after six years, nothing tangible are expected. Where did the money go. Distance from Hargeisa is not an issue. even 40 km of distance could be piped easily. The land is not complicated like rivers, marsh land or passing huge mountains. All they need is dig trenches, bury the water pipe and install pumping stations to reach the city. Everyone one who spoke against the theft was fired, and fools like you who is eating his cake who is probably buttred by the Jeegaan will not raise a peep.

You know Oodweyne, If I were you, I would call your uncle Cawil who is well connected in Hargeisa, and apply a job from the jeegaan. Instead of insulting Reer Baydhabo and MMA, Galbeedi or Puntlanders and others, you could take a  job as a useful idiot and start insulting your own community and chairman Cirro. You could do really well and get paid at the same. here you said , ", but he is an idiot who can't accept the fact that he was not "match-fit", or much of an opponent against Mr Biixi. In particularly in a "manly business" . You already fired the first shot on behalf of warlord Bixxi, and you could do more.

Oodweyne said, "Instead of waiting his time in a "manly silence", licking his party's wounds in the privacy of his party's head-quarter". Now you want even the opposition leader to be quite. Isn't the job of the opposition to attack the government when they transgress. They just kidnapped a deputy mayor and a city councilman from Oodweyne, in the middle of the night . Did you said anything about the 3am kidnapping?, no. This man was honorable and acted as gentle because his community asked him to not aggravate the issue and leave alone the senile man who was sick.

In 2014, Siilaanyo and his lieutenants came to Burco and had a big meeting with west Burco community. Siilaanyo said, " Waar ragyahow nin aad soo wada dagaal gasheen oo abaal idinku leh baan ahay, haddana oday 75 jir ah ayaan ahaye ma waydaan ii quudhayn in aan madaxweyne ahaado inta ii hadhay". Since the West Burco community is " Gob" and honourable, they decided not to publicly attack him or oppose him since he will be retiring soon. That was a mistake that community did. The issue is not about an old man or tribal issue, it was about government and president who should be accountable about the actions of his  government.

The jeegaan does not play by the honor rule and respect. Boqor Buur Madow, a warlord from East Burco, went to the media and said, " Todobadii sano ee aanu madaxda ahayn H/Y way naga baqaysay'. By the way, most of the east Burco elders are honourable and do not frequent the media. Who knows, they might copy others and start now. Now, this Oodweyne guys says we must be silent and allow the Jeegaan to keep transgressing.

You look things in tribal lenses when you dealing everyone else, yet you give a pass to jeegaan. So, make up your mind. Either join the Jeegaan and defend them even when they steal, or join the opposition and try to replace the Jeegaan. If you are not ready  neither of those , then stay away  and watch the battle from a far.

Do not worry about me. My agenda and intention is clear. I do not see a government or an institution, but a tribal project that want to rob all of us including other members of the Duriyada. in the 21st century, government means modern institution that must be managed by well versed technocrats who do not belong to certain tribe. If you go to the city and say I want an electrician from Gabiley, you might not find, yet if you keep insisting, then they will find you someone who is a cook to do the job of the electrician. In this province, the people who manage the healthcare of Alberta earn millions of dollars or four times the salary of the premier. Same thing goes when it comes to those who manage budgets, education and economy. THey are not politicians but highly respected civil servants

.I am not here to debate with you. I just want you to make some money for your insults and join the Jeegaan, than 

• Thanks 1

Saalax   
19 hours ago, galbeedi said:

Few weeks ago,  I thought this oodweyne character was probably  a Jeegaan who was working overtime to help his hapless Jeegaan in the media. Since then , through his statements and some hard facts, I accepted that Oodweyne is indeed a West Burco guy albeit a bad one.

Although it is hard to sift through his long drivels which are mostly meaningless balderdash, few things appear from his writings. First , despite his educational background and living in advanced country like Britain, Oodweyne just thinks like old Gadhcase who is sitting  in Hotel Maansour and judging everything in terms of his tribal camels and guarding himself  against the old tribal rivals of Southern Somalia.

Second while he keeps the merits of his tribe and their rights against anyone else, he conveniently ignores the tribal actions of the Jeegaan for the some unknown reason.  Although he might claim that the Somaliland project is paramount to him , he ignores those whose actions might undermine both the project and cohesiveness of the community. Like most tribal die hards, he is a symbol of contradictions.

I tried to analyze  what drives Oodweyne to ignore the unforgivable errors of the Jeegaan if he is genuine person who cares about people and their plight. Since then , I came in two conclusions.

First, these are the actions of those whose bread are buttred by the Jeegaan. In other words, they are earning their groceries. That is usually the behaviours of guys who will always work with whomever government that comes to power. Cawil C. Ducaale comes to mind ,who went from Udub to Siilaanyo and now Biixi. I will not say anything more than that about Cawil since he is your maternal uncle and I, Galbeedi , will be honourable unlike the " Gun" Jeegaan.

Second, Useful idiots.

These Kind of actions are the behaviours of those from West Brco who are described by the Jeegaan as useful idiots. Just like the first group, these guys are also rewarded handsomely in terms of money , but they are also given ministerial positions, not for their individual capacity, but  for their tendency  to keep singing what we call in the Somali tradition the typical " Noolow Madaale iyo Guulwadayn".

This characters are chosen specifically to be deployed against their own kin to further the Jeegaan agenda. THere was this friend of mine from east Burco , and when I ask him about the reasons they keep using old farts like Warancadde who is not a Kulmiye, He used to say, " Waxaan ku Karbaashaynaa kuwa reerkiisa ee dowlada ka soo horjeeda". Another useful idiot from West Burco was a man by the name of Cadaani who left Minneapolis with Ahmed Samatar and became the laughing stock of his own community. He said, "Mujaahid Siilaanyo dar Illahay baan U jecelahay". 

He was specifically deployed to insult chairman Cirro and company. Every time someone from WAddani camp or West Burco community said something bad about Siilaanyo and his government,  this useful idiot Cadaani , will hold the court to insult Cirro and everyone on behalf of the Jeegaan. After the election was over, he was kicked in the teeth and thrown out. In fact, when he was transferring his ministerial position,  he cried like a baby. This behaviour is not only specific to West Burco, but all across Somaliland. If you said something bad against the Jeegaan ruling class your cousin or Suldaan will come to the microphone and dp the usual attack.

Having seen your behaviour since you came back from home after the election, you are trying hard to atone the crimes of the Jeegaan. You never said openly that the election was rigged by Kulmiye, and they must be accountable in every move they make. You just kept repeating your tribal metaphor of expecting your tribal cousins to give you the power next time. Well, the leader might have been from your clan, but millions of people have wronged and robbed, and we are not willing to take it anymore quitely.

Furthermore, you keep attacking my motivations and saying that I have an agenda to put down Somaliland. My friend, let me give you the news. I hate the Jeegaan and I want to dismantle it . I want to dismantle the entrenched system of the Jeegaan before they get more power and oppress all of us. Since you also claimed openly to install " Calan Isaaq" in Somaliland, I also intend to fight that tribal flag since I am not that tribe. Unlike those who you keep telling to stay away of Somaliland, I am stakeholder, and will not keep quiet while you and your proxies deny my family the basic needs like water.

$152 million has been spent to provide water for Hargeisa, and after six years, nothing tangible are expected. Where did the money go. Distance from Hargeisa is not an issue. even 40 km of distance could be piped easily. The land is not complicated like rivers, marsh land or passing huge mountains. All they need is dig trenches, bury the water pipe and install pumping stations to reach the city. Everyone one who spoke against the theft was fired, and fools like you who is eating his cake who is probably buttred by the Jeegaan will not raise a peep.

You know Oodweyne, If I were you, I would call your uncle Cawil who is well connected in Hargeisa, and apply a job from the jeegaan. Instead of insulting Reer Baydhabo and MMA, Galbeedi or Puntlanders and others, you could take a  job as a useful idiot and start insulting your own community and chairman Cirro. You could do really well and get paid at the same. here you said , ", but he is an idiot who can't accept the fact that he was not "match-fit", or much of an opponent against Mr Biixi. In particularly in a "manly business" . You already fired the first shot on behalf of warlord Bixxi, and you could do more.

Oodweyne said, "Instead of waiting his time in a "manly silence", licking his party's wounds in the privacy of his party's head-quarter". Now you want even the opposition leader to be quite. Isn't the job of the opposition to attack the government when they transgress. They just kidnapped a deputy mayor and a city councilman from Oodweyne, in the middle of the night . Did you said anything about the 3am kidnapping?, no. This man was honorable and acted as gentle because his community asked him to not aggravate the issue and leave alone the senile man who was sick.

In 2014, Siilaanyo and his lieutenants came to Burco and had a big meeting with west Burco community. Siilaanyo said, " Waar ragyahow nin aad soo wada dagaal gasheen oo abaal idinku leh baan ahay, haddana oday 75 jir ah ayaan ahaye ma waydaan ii quudhayn in aan madaxweyne ahaado inta ii hadhay". Since the West Burco community is " Gob" and honourable, they decided not to publicly attack him or oppose him since he will be retiring soon. That was a mistake that community did. The issue is not about an old man or tribal issue, it was about government and president who should be accountable about the actions of his  government.

The jeegaan does not play by the honor rule and respect. Boqor Buur Madow, a warlord from East Burco, went to the media and said, " Todobadii sano ee aanu madaxda ahayn H/Y way naga baqaysay'. By the way, most of the east Burco elders are honourable and do not frequent the media. Who knows, they might copy others and start now. Now, this Oodweyne guys says we must be silent and allow the Jeegaan to keep transgressing.

You look things in tribal lenses when you dealing everyone else, yet you give a pass to jeegaan. So, make up your mind. Either join the Jeegaan and defend them even when they steal, or join the opposition and try to replace the Jeegaan. If you are not ready  neither of those , then stay away  and watch the battle from a far.

Do not worry about me. My agenda and intention is clear. I do not see a government or an institution, but a tribal project that want to rob all of us including other members of the Duriyada. in the 21st century, government means modern institution that must be managed by well versed technocrats who do not belong to certain tribe. If you go to the city and say I want an electrician from Gabiley, you might not find, yet if you keep insisting, then they will find you someone who is a cook to do the job of the electrician. In this province, the people who manage the healthcare of Alberta earn millions of dollars or four times the salary of the premier. Same thing goes when it comes to those who manage budgets, education and economy. THey are not politicians but highly respected civil servants

.I am not here to debate with you. I just want you to make some money for your insults and join the Jeegaan, than 

Spot on. 

On 2/13/2018 at 3:59 AM, maakhiri1 said:

This is BIG, but the public does not care, else they wouldn't elect them.

The thing worse than corruption is when people see it as the norm. it is Systemic corruption

It has become a culture and those who cry a regime is corrupt are only fighting for their turn at the till.

If you ask someone who cries against corruption to list which one is worst which one is least destructive, they would be like deer in headlights.

Corruption is everywhere west east africa europe Israel...The most damging corruption in Africa is sending the money outside of the country.

Politically it tells you there is no hope no development no tomorrow in this country therefore I take the money and put it where it has future.

On the other hand I could tolerate a corrupt official who would obtain land and set a farm, buildings, factory etc At least he/she is risking what they stole.

Simply accusing someone of corruption has become fashion and no proof needed just get some poor people from the street and give them guns to be army of one corrupt against another.

If the corrupt is in their group is tolerated if he is from another group the sky is falling.

It has become norm. It is bad only when somebody else does it. It has become relative. There is no absolute and basic right or wrong. Its sad.

• Like 1

On 13/02/2018 at 1:48 PM, Ducale said:

Wadani should replace Ciro. Listening to the leader of the opposition is like watching paint dry. Wadani cannot continue to be a sloth in somaliland political arena and have the cheek to suggest they are a match for the jeegaan. Or is their plan....1% effort from the party and 99% from the hanjabaad and noise from erigavo elders and their youth behaving like palestinians throwing stones? 

in normal world , once opposition leader fails , he resigns and is replaced, unless he did make a good comeback and was close.

In this case of SL, I believe he should resign and let someone with new energy take the lead 

2 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

It has become a culture and those who cry a regime is corrupt are only fighting for their turn at the till.

If you ask someone who cries against corruption to list which one is worst which one is least destructive, they would be like deer in headlights.

Corruption is everywhere west east africa europe Israel...The most damging corruption in Africa is sending the money outside of the country.

Politically it tells you there is no hope no development no tomorrow in this country therefore I take the money and put it where it has future.

On the other hand I could tolerate a corrupt official who would obtain land and set a farm, buildings, factory etc At least he/she is risking what they stole.

Simply accusing someone of corruption has become fashion and no proof needed just get some poor people from the street and give them guns to be army of one corrupt against another.

If the corrupt is in their group is tolerated if he is from another group the sky is falling.

It has become norm. It is bad only when somebody else does it. It has become relative. There is no absolute and basic right or wrong. Its sad.

100% agree with u

galbeedi   

Oodweyne,

Just as you promised I was anxiously and waiting your response, and this time you did not disappoint. I was expecting some kind of recycled garbage you used to throw usually, but other than the usual adjectives where you call yourself manly, and everyone else ( Womanly), where you compare men to women folks whom I respect and cherish, It wasn't that bad. I was expecting worse, and was preparing myself not to dignify to answer. In all this response wasn't a bad one.

Ninyahow it seems Oodweyne is getting older and more mature than his usual tantrums. If your issue is about principle and holding your line until you achieve what you sought , then you are better man than I thought. I joined SOL late 2013, and didn't know what proceeded me, and I take your word for your stand on this issue. 

Just as you, my stand on the issue of secession, I  never changed my stand for the last three decades or so. In fact until they year 2000, before  the Carta conference, I did not pay much attention to Somaliland issue. I knew the agenda of the government, but I always considered the project to be temporary matter created by necessity.

God is my witness, I never support or even liked Daahir Rayaale. His Awdal supporters used to attack me when ever we meet in any gathering. " Muqdishu iyo meel balaayo ka socota maxaa ku daba dhigay " was their usual statement, although those same guys who used to bug me in every turn changed colours and became AWdal state after Siilaanyo announced his government. I understood them, but never supported them in public. at that stage, I was Hiil-Qaran activist. In 2008, at the height of Rayaale administration, I was member of northern unionists in North America and publicly participated most of the forums including in Alberta. 

I became very interested in Somaliland issues after the massacre of the travelers between Gabiley and Dilla. I said, Rayaale did his best to hold fair and free elections, and build lasting institutions, yet for evil reasons the opposition decided to shed blood for power, that was when I started following the project.

Also, as early as 2003, I wanted Siilaanyo to defeat Rayaale for the interest of future union. Since Rayaale was not a member SNM and  former officer of the Somali intelligence, I thought that it would be difficult to negotiate with the southern Somalia, because the usual "Habro" will cry Somalia ayuu nagu wadaa oo waxii aanu usoo dagaalanay ayuu duminayaa'. I thought that the Habro would not say the same thing about Siilaanyo since they call him Mujaahid.

Of course for the last few years I was little bit more immersed of the political side of the project, but never favoured the separation. Also, since there were problems of war and insurgency in the south, we always supported a peaceful Soomaliland for a place for Somalis to take shelter and as a result tens of thousand had went to Hargeisa and Borama during these conflict times, and some even call home in those cities especially Borama today. So my soft spot for the people and the land is understandable both for the future of the people and for personal interest.

Also, since most Somali regions were either occupied by Amisom and Ethiopia, while others were run by despots like Illey and Cumar Geelle, I thought Somaliland was a place the Somali man can speak his mind without being arrested. Few years ago, I even called Somaliland the only place where the Somali man is free, yet as we have seen lately, due to Tigray and Ethiopia influence, Hargeisa is becoming more despotic and regressive. People are arrested just to make few dollars and imagination and freedom are threat in Somliland than Mohadishu or Garoowe.

Also, just as you lost family members for your project, I lost loved ones for the independence of Somalia and for the war of 1977. Our mothers, aunts and others stood the streets from Awdal to Jigjiga to give milk and meat for the soldiers who were heading to  the front. My own family member have paid high prices both in Somlia, Somali Galbeed and Djibouti. My own family member ,Dr. Cumar Raabe was the most important figure in the independence of Djibouti. So, as you bled for your tribe we bled for the country. When we were Hiil=Qaran , I spent both time and money to built that organization from zero, yet unlike Wabar, or Awdal state, I never regret any penny I spent  for that cause, because it was higher calling  than the tribal project.

The secessionist boys might not believe for our commitment for the union. It is the arrogance and the actions of the secessionists that forces us to undermine them as they become emboldened especially on the issues of freedom, free speech are free association, combined with public looting and corruption.. The southern Somalis might use tribe in a political situation or during conflict, but do not apply them in daily life and human interactions. If you ever said something about the project and you happen to be in Hargeisa, people even from the diaspora will take the phone and say, " Waar kani beri buu ina caayey" ama waa anti Soomaliland. It does not exist anywhere else. They are delighted if an innocent traveler is arrested for old statements people made.

The secionists boys always put question mark about out motivations when we even sincerely state our case. Why would you expect me to like those who have earned material gains they never worked for or never done anything right or just in their life them. You guys hate our guts because we dare to point out your corrupt practises and weaknesses in the media. They steal, pillage and loot, and they want us to clap for them as the same time. You want everybody to claim ," Way duushay". 

Now, as a logical man, I accept your explanations and your intention to keep dreaming about your own state. I accept your principled stand to hold your dream of reaching your goals, at  the  a same time , I would like do my part to deny the formation of tribal project that could oppress me and my ilk. Furthermore, I would like  to see a functioning institution , small basic development, rule of law and merit based system before we even debate about the so called separation. Try to convince me first if this government or project is worthy of public my support. 

P.S

General gabre,

The tigray higanders who never owned ever owned one single shop in Addis are billionaires today, due to public looting. Enjoy while you can. You might impress the kids who want their tribal project, but my antena are up.

Mourad1   
6 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

As there are levels to everything around the globe.  There are levels to corruption. The extent of corruption in most countries in Sub-Saharan Africa is detrimental to its own population. 

The distributing fact of Somaliland's corruption case is that there is not much of margins in the budget. The consequences are severe such that salaries can't be paid, projects can't be completed, and others. 

However, after 27 years of seeking international recognition, some govt employees and even some top officials will be become impatience and will try their luck  with public money. 

• Like 1

Look at this typical African story from some years back:

Eritrea
HSBC has customers to Asmara. Closed and opaque countries, led with an iron fist by Isaias Afewerki figure of the war of independence became President, Eritrea has nevertheless funny millionaires. In 1981, Hassan Abdalla Bashir, then aged 24, opened an account with HSBC in Geneva as a "banker". The Eritrea was then at war. Six years later, it's a Ghebreselassi Kidane Habte, 37, who did the same. According to the documents which had access The World Africa , the latter, which is presented at HSBC as a "driver car ", residing in Asmara in 2007 has more than $ 106 million while Hassan Abdalla Bashir, the" banker " , are more than 209 million. No information is available about these two characters in a country Amnesty International calls a "huge central prison, where prisoners citizens of their own country are regularly rounded up by the army , forced to work for a state phagocytosed by the party " .
If the Sudan has very few millionaires at HSBC, linked to large national and foreign companies, it is instead the desert in the file Chad , the Niger or the Mauritanian . No one physical outcome of these countries has credited over one million accounts with HSBC in 2007

http://www.lemonde.fr/evasion-fiscale/a ... 6i0bMfb.99