Sign in to follow this  
sheherazade

Calling all Aussies

Originally posted by Northerner:

^^
:D:D:D

lol@Rocko the welcomer, does he stand at airport arrivals halls with a name and a big grin?

Zu, 6am Tue-9.30pm Wed = 39.5 hour flight, deduct say 12 hours (time difference) and you have 27.5hr flight? :eek: What do you do for 27 hours?

Well North..for that 27 hours I had only 2 hours of sleep and started work the following day not to mention I went to bed about 1 a.m

I was feeling sleepy the whole following week. :mad:

Val...You want me to welcome you? what would I gain? hmmmm

Cheers

N.O.R.F   

If i ever venture down under it will be on a Virgin Flatbed in Business Class. Me is a tall man who cant handle a 8hr flight let alone a 27 hr torture!

Som@li   

27hrs, plus 3hrs to NZ..that is a long way...I must have watched 10 movies last time i went there.

Emirates have 15/16 hrs non stop from Dubai to Brisbane/ Sydney/Melbourne.

Val,you must see Auckland,it is ONLY 120k away from Hamilton, an hour drive.

Originally posted by Tone:

I'm sure Australia is alot better than shitty azz England (London)...The worst vacation ever

I used to live in London, then i moved away. Is not a good place to live, but i like visiting it. I bought a farm few yrs ago, so i'm happy in the countryside.

Originally posted by Legend of Zu:

Val
...You want me to welcome you? what would I gain?

What? What would you gain? How about a slap for forgetting my hospitality already? Bloody Aussies! :mad:

gaday! val...i think her majesty should deport u to down under! you might find there a nice handsome aborigine there.

check this video out! it will knock you ... out

lool

Som@li   

Australians and New Zealanders to join in national day celebrations

By Daniel Bardsley, Staff Reporter

Dubai: Australians and New Zealanders in Dubai are gearing up for one of their biggest events of the year - a joint celebration of their national days.

Scores of Aussies and Kiwis are expected to attend the Australia and Waitangi Day Dubai event on February 2.

Among the attractions will be henna painting, a bouncy castle, a barbecue and a light-hearted tug-of-war with Australians on one side and New Zealanders on the other.

The event marks Australia Day, January 26, which commemorates the day in 1788 when the First Fleet landed in Sydney Cove and set up a colony.

In addition, it celebrates Waitangi Day, which takes place officially on February 6. On this date in 1840 the Treaty of Waitangi, which is now generally taken to represent the birth of New Zealand as a nation, was signed.