Sign in to follow this  
Libaax-Sankataabte

No shirt on ...

Originally posted by Libaax-Sankataabte:

[QB]

-----------------------------------------------

Sometimes i think that boredom is like a sperm. it's a cumulative buildup due to which, should there be no release, you suddenly find yourself craving for some action, absolutely unable to concentrate and depressed yet full of malaise and obsessed with coming to the forum.

-------------------------------------------------

well@lol at libaax! what i do is to find a sperm bank and dont let it buildup!!! thats how i spell relief!!lol...now there is gonna be some that will be confused about the word sperm bank...plz check the tech-dictionary!

A7LA-SHU   

well if ur job is that borin. u might wanna plan ahead everyday what u gonna do.. personaly i just take my Homework with me and get it all done. that way i get paid and i have my H.W done, killin two birds with one stone. hey that works for me, and i don't have to say ohh work was boring today.... Smart ahh... smile.gif

home work! hated it! but one thing though! if when u graduate, u still home every nite! it never ends! what a pain in the dukhus! i do more home work nowadays then my college days! those days fun and partyyyyyyyy!

A7LA-SHU   

Originally posted by rudy:

home work! hated it! but one thing though! if when u graduate, u still home every nite! it never ends! what a pain in the dukhus! i do more home work nowadays then my college days! those days fun and partyyyyyyyy!

what u mean i do more H.W now then my college days? u ain't goin to college now? and what kinda H.W is there to do after u graduate?

Paragon   

------------------------------------

Theories / Ideas

Extreme Boredom

I have developed a theory about my extreme boredom. Yes, I'm so bored I thought of a theory...actually, I think I'm suffering from a self-inflicted boredom. "How do you figure that?" you may ask. Well...I am bored and am completely unmotivated. So, by not being motivated enough to get out of the boredom I'm causing my own boredom which is self-inflicted boredom. Yes, yes I am extremely bored and because I am, I'm going to either read or sleep off the boredom. Sleep is a constant cure for boredom. Anyways, I'm probably boring you with my boredom so I'll go now. Bye.

"Taking The Easy Way Out"

Do you ever notice that if we give ourselves opportunities to take the easy way out we will? well we do. Say for example.. with school if you have homework due in two days and you have free time today to do that homeowork but decide that you can do it tomorrow you will most likely put it off till tomorrow. if we give ourselves even the smallest loop hole or escape we'll take it.. why? because we don't want to accept that we have things to do and have to change our ways in order to not take that easy way out. so basically the moral of this ditty is that we shouldn't give ourselves the opportunities to chicken out. you have to believe that you can do something and not retreat to our previous thoughts of wanting to run and avoid things we have to do. becuase eventually we find out that YES we can do these things we've put off. eventually we all have to do our homework because there is a fear of consequences. and those consequences seem worse than the actual homework.. but is it really? i dunno.

Slacker with a conscience.

i'm like a slacker with a conscience... i slack off and then worry about my homework till i actually breakdown and do it... That's what I do.. Because I'm a slacker with a conscience...

And a huge procrastinator.. that's why i wrote this about a month ago and only finished it now.. sorry...

:)

We all want to feel alive but how do we know when that is?

Aren't we alive everyday? isn't breathing what it's like to be alive. i don't think you can get more alive than that. but it seems to me that everyone is searching for something to make their life feel right, to make sense. and there are people who go through there whole lives and never find that thing that makes them feel alive. and what if you know what you need to feel alive and then are denied it because you're not good enough.. what do you do then? is it really worth it to feel alive? or should you just settle with breathing? you know i wish that i had all the answers or atleast enough to make sense of all this. but i think that everyone has one thing that makes them step back and think "wow this is what living is all about". standing on a beach as the sunsets, and breathing in the ocean air, or maybe just sleeping in their own bed at night. but i think that no one should give up hope in finding it, because i think that that moment of "yes i am truly alive" is worth the pain, anguish and regret that leads up to that moment that will change your life forever.. have i found the thing that makes me feel alive? i'm working on it..

How to fill the void within...

In the minutes before you go to sleep do you ever feel like something is missing? like there's a void in your life just waiting to be filled? ya me neither. just kidding. Ever since last year i've had a sense of a void in my life. and i've thought long and hard to figure out what i can do to fill this void. surround myself with understanding and great friends.. done that, i consider myself extremely luckily to have done that, but still i search. i've thrown myself into my passions in life, music and writing and ofcourse slurpee drinking. basically as of today i have yet to find that one thing that can fill the void in your heart or life. ofcourse i might just be an exception to the rule and might be the only one that knows this void i speak of. but i think everyone feels it sometime in their lives. i don't know that i will ever know the answer or if i even want to let this void go. maybe by feeling the void it means that i am indeed alive (see theory no4 to confuse you even more). maybe we need to feel some sense of loss to in order to know what we have to gain.. i'm going to bold that and say it again cuz it makes sense to me.. maybe we need to feel some sense of loss to in order to know what we have to gain. i think that is my current thought. i have loss and i'm just waiting to gain and know that i am alive. i AM alive. just confused a bit. as usual.

Why I don't like putting my head under water...

Now i'm going on logic here so try to follow me, ok? techincally when you put your head (more specifically your ears). well shouldn't your ears fill up with water which in turn causes your head to fill up with water like in the cartoons? which makes me wonder.. is it possible to drown by just having your ears in the water? ok so i'm probably totally wrong but think about it the next time you go swimming..

"We assume tomorrow is another world" (Pg. 18)

Why do we assume tomorrow is going to be different than any other day? Animals live their life doing the same thing every day. Sleep, eat, explore the world. But humans expect so much more. They have hopes and dreams for every day, but why? Why are we like this? No other species are like this. So why do we make so many assumptions and why don't we just live each day expecting the same things. Eat, sleep, explore, or eat, sleep, school. Why do we always hope for more? or why do we make plans for the future when nothing is guaranteed to us. It makes me wonder why we always think "next week i'm going to start living better, doing things different" we assume that things will be different, that we can change. We assume that there is more out there for us. But animals only know what they do currently. Because of all our technology we know what is out there and what can be, but animals and other species have no way of knowing and therefore they do not assume tomorrow will be different. They will never know.

"People are personally responsible for keeping themselves relevant" (Pg. 23)

I'm not sure what to think of this. In the context of the book the character says older people should keep themselves relevant with the current technology. It's their respsonsibility to be up to date with the latest computer programs and technology. But it seems to me that we all get stuck in a groove that works for us and no matter what we find ourselves becoming less relevant. For example as we grow up the music that we listen to becomes out of style. For example.. all the music of the 80's. It's just not relevant anymore but people still do listen to it. In a way they should keep themselves relevant with today's music but also they have the choice to stay with what they like and enjoy. So in a way we have a personal responsiblity to stay relevant but yet most of us would rather get become irrelevant to the newest trends just to hold onto what they like and enjoy.

"What is the one thing more than any other thing that makes one person different from another person?" (Pg. 32)

I personally can't answer this question because i think it's different for everyone, yet it's a question that is incredibly difficult to answer. As the book puts it, it seems like a easy question to answer but when you go to say your answer, you're just not sure. Is it how we look? How we think? no cuz we all have similarities. But yet we're all different. Is it our finger prints? Are teeth? Those are less obvious things. If you looked at a hundred people how would you be able to say easily that every single person there is different from another. It's a thought provoking question.

"An idea lives a long time after you're gone" (Pg. 51)

Thoughts and ideas will live on long after you have left this earth. I'm not sure how to explain this one but i think that it does make sense. For example the idea of peace on earth will live on forever, even though the chance of it ever possibly happening is looking pretty dismal. But many ideas can be the same way, ideas passed on by friends and family through the years. Oh here's another example the idea of God that your pass on to others, your beliefs on certain things are passed on and those ideas will live on many years after you are gone just by the fact that it is getting passed around. Or even the fact that an idea is told to someone else, they now know and they will hold onto that meory for quite sometime.

"I used to always think I had to have a reason to record my observations of the day, or even my emotions, but now I think simply being alive is more than enough a reason" (Pg. 63)

Isn't the fact that we breathe and live through each day enough of a miracle to write about. When so many people die everyday (watch the news) it's amazing that we all live through. That friends and families survived so many days. It's crazy to think how easily life can be taken away, so it is miraculous how so many people live for so many days. Each day is so precious, every minute of everyday is such a big gift, but everyone loses perspective so easily just because we've lived for so many days already and we take them for granted. But let if be known that everyday that you wake up breathing you have outlived others who were not as forunate as you. You are a survivor of another day. Each day truly is a gift and it's up to you how you are going to spend this gifted day, because when it all comes down to it, today might be the last day of your life, tomorrow is not guaranteed. You might not wake up tomorrow morning. BUT, yes there is definitely a BUT. But you have come this far, and as the odds go, you will most likely live for many many more days, even years, but why put off living life to the fullest when those days and years aren't guaranteed? so in closing, treasure each breath that you are being given a chance to take. Tell people that you love that you indeed love them because even though you might be alive for days and years, not everyone has the same life ahead of them. They might only have days, so don't put off saying "I love you" to someone because you might end up regreting not getting a chance to say it.

------------------

No skirt on..

I'm already outside, almost at the end of my road when a two-year old paranoia returns. Have I got my skirt on? I glance down. Check. Phew. Lately, I've extended the check to an all body one. I'm not proud of it. I can't imagine how I look to those that see me. I won't fool myself into thinking I do it surreptitiously enough smile.gif . I want to rid myself of this paranoia but it is an indication of probing matters..

Like boredom, work, time, great voids in souls and great souls in voids.

Like figuring out a way to be in two places at once- floating out of my body, skirt and all, and drifting onto a warm pool of water, enclosed by forest humming with bird song. I've managed to get as far as that in mind alone. I've come tantalisingly close at times, reached a heightened relaxed state, forgotten my physical condition, well on the way to another dimension when..

Somebody calls my name. Darn it. Foiled again. Don't they know what’s at stake here? smile.gif

I feel alive. I have come to have a very sensitive state of consciousness. I look around at strangers and wonder if they have the same burning questions, yearnings for answers. Oh, not the meaning of life, why r we here etc. - isn't the answer for those to worship Allah? I'm talking about the everyday reality of societal expectation, definition of success, the norm, fitting in. Do others accept it all with a shrug and sigh,"C'est la vie" or does their soul reject some of it? Do they have the courage to go against the grain? Or do they follow the herd, head down, aiming to reach the front of the herd one day.

When u know something's not right for u, how fair is it to your internal condition to continue with it? Habit and fear force us to accept and sigh. The will of God cannot be changed but the will of man is weak.

And until then I will sit at my desk each morning and wonder how I got there. I will have no clear memory of that day's journey and yet I must have taken it. How else would I have gotten there? I'd hate for that to be a metaphor for my life. Nothing will change until I change. Simple but true.

My early morning self-search is a reminder that something has to give or I will lose.

Paragon   

Wonder how I got here? I remember back them when I use to take a deep dive into my imagination and hoped to get there, get there safe and sound. But I am affraid, my dear, I am there now, meaning, I am here now. All that has happened in my process, the in betweens, the journey from where I was to where Im at now (the destination )is lost. I know thats a shame but I reckon thats what flames my boredom smile.gif

The question that pops into my mind is: am I truly bored or am i trying to be bored to break the cycle of doing what I usually do? But then must one be bored? if yes, then does it matter if one acts bored on matters that are worldy or as you (resonance) remind us, is there an excuse if one becomes bored of the main purpose which placed humnity's feets upon this earth?

Skirt on or off? nows I cannot place that in one category, coz it shows the extremism of your boredom. I, on the other hand, think if the skirt is off then one must use the same tact (boredom) that dropped it off at the first time, to put it on, metaphorically. It could be that your high state of relaxation, or accessing your inner worlds can prompt occurances that would seem strange to others. Now let me not go after you and stop there.

Sometimes this world would seem another world to me. I would doze off in the middle of it (world) and find myself in a place of much glamour and serenity. Did you mention bird songs? I say nightingales and no mocking bird. This special experiances only and usually lasts for few minutes, usually curtailed by humanity's hunger for attention. Sometimes boredom exceeds the limits and results in half sleep half awake syndrome. Look at the lips of people strugling to deport words, words and more words into my ears, but i dont hear them yet I hear. I don't see them yet I see.

People can be nusty to people who seem or look or feel happy. So they endeavor to annoy or to break the zeal of happiness upon the faces of happy and dreamy people. My advice is though, hear them but don't listen to them - see them but don't study them. Afterall, all is in one's head. if you feel angry coz someone said something harsh to you, then, you must know....it is you who grant them the fuel to drive foward in making your life a misery. So if someone says your friend is bad, say thats possiblity, coz i thought s/he was good but if he is bad then what other option is there? either is bad or good. simple as that. it is all in your head. If you cat dies, don't cry like a baby, coz the cat is dead....no one can bring it back. Its the brain that acts as a good conductor and tells one to cry when grief comes and laugh when jokes are said. So if ones cuts that connexion, nothing will ever disturb that individual. But cutting too deep can bring out the animosity in us. So one has to learn to manupilate a situation and act out of necessity. My cat died, so, shall I allow my brain to do the connexion? No way! Don't I say.

Life is not that fascinating if you consider everything important my dear. Chuck some of those things into the waste-bin and select the most important, like these things I am about to say;

1 - Religion,

2 - Dignity.

Thats it. No need to consider the rest, coz these two depend on you and not on others. Be religious for the sake of your creator. And be dingnified in your actions. So where is boredom categorised to? Wahsi..lol .. it is laziness made to sound polite. But what you are saying isn't boredom is it? No I don't suppose so. Coz whatever gives you an access to a beautiful world is escape route. So I hereby exclude it from boredom.

J-11, I'm never bored when I'm master of my own time. When I'm at work, my time is somebody else's, so if I get bored it emphasises the LOSS of time. I could be doing something far more productive there or elsewhere but I am not. There is little else to do when u're chained to a desk but let the mind drift. And I'm not always floating in a pool- I save that for extra special days smile.gif . Mostly, I plan for a more authentic life, the concrete stuff, changing my life and not escaping it.

I do bump into people who try and curb my enthusiasm for change, and who try and wipe the smile off my face. My smile disappears for some minutes. But it returns to haunt them. smile.gif Their loss. While they r trying to make me miserable(they won't succeed), they don't realise they already are.

When I was kid, I referred to myself as a procrastinator(big word for a small kid) when I didn't get something done. Now I'm not so careful with my words. When I don't get a task done, I give myself a good talking to, colourful words a-plenty. smile.gif

The more time we have in the world, the less we have left..... smile.gif

Paragon   

Resonance to give or not to give time to others, that is the question. If giving is what leads to hardships, is it possible not to give at all and gain? Like you said, 'trying to establish an authentic life', no? I agree. Maybe that could be the right approach to gain what is necessary whilst still having freedom from annoyance.