Saalax

Jeeganland youth become mercenaries for Qatar due to lack of jobs

Qatar is paying top dollars and citizenship/PR. It is a very tempting deal for anyone including those who may already have jobs in Hargeisa or Mogadishu or anywhere else.  Which is why not only Somalis from Somaliland but also from Somalia and Djibouti are going there. I have heard a total of 4500 Somalis were taken of which around 1500 are going from Somaliland.  

Qatar has also offered the same deals with Sudan, Egyptian, Palestinian, Afghanistan, Bangalesh and Pakistan, Eritreans and many more nationalities are enrolling. 

Brilliant.

A soldier of a wealthy country that may never go to war is better job than a gardner or floor cleaner of some dumb and disrespecting rich couple.

The Sudanese have done this like forever with gulf states. Some of them are now generals in these places.

A house in Khartoum, best schools for their children even in America or Europe, work permit for relatives...the payback is great all around.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maakhiri1 said:

it is s new trend. Federal gov should starts recruiting with handsome pay, 

And is becoming quite common in a hurry.

It makes sense. If you have money why be fighting yourself. People may think that you are the one to protect your money more than mercenary, but that is not always true.

But do you realize nobody hires mercenaries on the way up? Roman empire started mercenaries when became too big, too old and wealth getting less. US also now a lot mercenaries, Russia, France, Gulf..

Somalia is struggling to get up. Mercenaries would just destroy it. When its up and oil, gas, minerals money starts floowing for sure will have mercenaries.

Just a joke: How about Somalia hiring Amhara mercenaries?

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Suldaanka said:

Qatar is paying top dollars and citizenship/PR. It is a very tempting deal for anyone including those who may already have jobs in Hargeisa or Mogadishu or anywhere else.  Which is why not only Somalis from Somaliland but also from Somalia and Djibouti are going there. I have heard a total of 4500 Somalis were taken of which around 1500 are going from Somaliland.  

Qatar has also offered the same deals with Sudan, Egyptian, Palestinian, Afghanistan, Bangalesh and Pakistan, Eritreans and many more nationalities are enrolling. 

Hardcore secessionist trying to spin as usual, but failing miserably. What baasabooro are these poor boys travelling in? Who is issuing those passports? And why are they going to Muqdisho first in order to be checked for health and for visas? Reer Falastiin, Masar, Suudaan aren't going to Muqdisho first in order to go to Dooxa, so your analogy is useless.

Don't bother answering those questions because you have no answer for them.

• Like 1
  • Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 2

Duufaan   

As I remember they announced cutting the diplomatic relationship with Qatar, soon after the gulf disagreement because of the Berbera  deal.But now it is Ok to be a Somali nationalist  and benefit the Qatar deal too. I do not see any real objection here form ministers.  Hargeysa people called Waraabe action a political prostitute. They should  also give a name  this kind  of policy.

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Mooge   

niyoow oodweyne is most likely sending his close relatives to qatar already. it wouldn't surprise me at all niyoow. this is the behaviour of secessionists. they eat bones with both side of their jaw.