Deeq A.

Ladies from Hargeisa cry after Landing in Mogadishu seeing all the development underway

Holac   

It seems the sentiment and attitudes of Somaliland youth are slowly changing. The young no longer see Mogadishu as negative. I get the sense that excessive chauvinism is slowly dying in Somaliland, especially among the youth. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Holac said:

It seems the sentiment and attitudes of Somaliland youth are slowly changing. The young no longer see Mogadishu as negative. I get the sense that excessive chauvinism is slowly dying in Somaliland, especially among the youth. 

Hargeisa is a big city and over 20 years of uninterrupted absolute peace and development. It surely has attracted a lot of migrants both economic migrants and those who are seeking a safe heaven for the kids. 

I know for instant high profile Southern politicians and business people have built houses and business in Hargeisa. In fact, Yusuf Garad's family resides in Hargeisa for a long time now. 

I\It is most likely an old Xamar resident returning to their original place. 

1 minute ago, Oodweyne said:

And, of course, if you have a problem with that, you can vomit your "spleen". And of course, vent your "bile" right here of SOL just to see whether that will make a blind bit of difference, even in the margin. Got, that, dear lad?  

Calm down old boy. Since you were b!tch-slapped by your kin, you seem to have lost all sense of self control (you had little to begin with).

I don't represent or speak for Puntland. And I don't seek self realization through Tolka.  That's you!

But  you are welcome to continue bashing Puntland. It seems to provide some sort of therapeutic outlet. And God knows you could use it now more than ever.

You remind me of Ciidagale guy, he used to huff and puff, beating his chest when he is with Somalis but among his ilk, he was very meek. Apparently, there was some sort of unspoken hierarchy we didn't know about. Your frustration with tolka seems to be the driving force behind your sudden, more than usual, irate behavior.

I didn't say Ciidagale did as group, but this particular individual clearly did. And you seem to show many of symptoms he suffered chief among them obsession with Puntland and larger D-block family, insults thrown at people passed as intellectual discourse, serious victim mentality and for some reason contempt for H-Block, one would think that he will be grateful to them considering they actually chased Barre out of Mogadishu.

galbeedi   

Ducaale,

Horta ma waxaad u Haysataa haddi la sasabo oo la soo dhaweeyo, oo walaalo kaalaya yidhaahdo in Gooni goosatadu sidaas ku imaanayso.

In the real world it never works that way. I know some people feel skirmish when we talk about colonial borders or the legitimacy of the Somaliland entity thinking " Boog Baad Damqaysaa". The only reason the Somaliland issue reached this stage is because of the Southern quagmire and the upheavals that befall on Somalis.

Furthermore, the Somaliland project does not represent the aspirations and the future of the majority of the residents. Anyone who travels to Borama , Hargeisa or other towns knows that the Somaliland governments are just tribal arrangements for people to keep peace , trade and intermingle. 

If you go to Borama, you will found out that there is no one single issue adjudicated by local court that is abided by the locals. If there is land dispute, it will drag 20 years. Anyone can arrest you and you will be released when you pay the bribe. Ministers hire their own people and after he is fired, all those fake employees he hired are fired by the next one. The police do not investigate crimes but they arrest those who are weak. Folks there are no rules.

When I land in Hargeisa and go to Borama , I know that I am within the territory of my tribe , but I am fully aware that this entity will never be A Somali state , or a substitute for regular state where the  rules are applied universally. You need a bag to carry one hundred dollar worth of the local money, and if you want to exchange a thousand, you must hire a porter to carry for you.Everyone including these ladies knows that these are temporary tribal arrangement, probed up by donors , colonials and others. THere are no legitimate fees in government services, yet you either bring someone than knows the clerk, or you just pay  some money to get any basic service from any office.

While good people are found everywhere , almost everyone is " Dilaal" trying to make unearned money from the corrupt system. Hundred of men sit in the Hotels, and chew Qat in the " MIjilis" in order to get in for the next shuffle. Every tribe lives in it's own sub division of the Hargeisa city, and everyone is expecting his own kin to give him a job. Those who favor for the ruling class , and do appear from the news are all hypocrites trying to earn their groceries. Every elder, politician and businessman had been humiliated , bought and sold. Hundred of vehicles and millions of cash are sent directly from the palace to the eastern conflict zone where once proud people are bought, sold and pit against one another, just like the colonials of yesterday.

In the early days, we the Northerners used to accuse the southern Somalis about corruption and short cutting,. Today, Somaliland is where corruption nepotism bribery is manufactured. A friend of mine from Burco inadvertently said, " Walaahi Soomaalidii Qabyaalad ayaanu Barnay, oo waxaad meel walba ka maqlaysaa, reer hebel na xakumi maayaan". 

Haddi xataa Soomaalidu isku soo biirto waa laga yaabaa in aynu dal ugu nimaadno Soomaaliland, laakiin dadkii waxa laga baabi'iyey dhaqankii, iyo sharafti dadku wax kula soo baxayey, ama lagu macaamilayey.

THe Jeegaan had created major bad habits that will be hard to erase for generations to come. 

On the other hand , when I land or someone lands in Mogadishu, he knows that despite the problems , this is the Somali state. They feel and sense the hope of being a regular state that they were missing for 27 years. These ladies probably came from the diaspora before coming from Hargeisa. There is a feeling that while they like their tribal enclave, they wish to intermingle with other Somalis without being asked which tribe you are or who you hate. Finally , they are willing to reject the lie. That is the real effect of Mogadishu to everyone. It shows their enclave and the real Somali state have different degree of separation that can not be bridged by tribal pride.

THe Somaliland project is promoted only by  those who are getting rich of the system, connected with ruling groups and out of touch diaspora individuals who are told to keep the flame despite the misery surrounding them everywhere. From now on, The only way these project could be kept alive will be through intimidation, coercion, bribe, war and influence peddling . Young people are leaving Somaliland either to the sea or to Mogadishu. 

If  debate and open society is allowed, these project could crumble easily. THose who are keep talking about " Soomaaliya waa Cadowgeena will be 70 years or older farts that keep talking about what happened in 1990, almost thirty years ago. As they age , they get bitter and become more illogical/

Here is one saying, " Somalia If iyo Aakhiro Col baan ahaanaynaa" bal muu aakhiradais dhaafo, haddii uu in uun diin wax ka og yahay.

galbeedi   

Ducaale,

You got it wrong. Read carefully before you answer. I know you criticise the Jeegaan, but this time , I was aiming  the whole system.

Those who are arresting  people and taking  the ugly bribe are not from beesha dhexe, but from AWdal and Borama. IN fact, when they arrest you,  they make sure the guy arresting you must be from your own " Jilib" so you should not accuse the other Awdal clans for persecution. There is no one single office at the mayor's office or the city management that opens o time or manned by clerks. THere are no procedural rules to follow if you want to build something , all you do is find the mayor pay him outside office and expect that others might have not done the same.

This is not a news. Everyone knows in " Qayimkii Dadku Baaba'ay". Soon it will be a one city 'Hargeisa" maamul.

Galaydh myself said that money for bribes are kept in the palace not at the ministry of finance.

galbeedi   

MMA ninkii general gabre ee aad baafinaysay halkan ayuu inala joogaa.

Shaqada kale ayey u dhiibeen oo in uu internet ka waardiya ka noqdo.

OO, i do not read your replies  on this issues.

Mooge   

galbeedi niyoow keep up the fight for Awdal people to realize their full potential under the shadow of nobody but themselves. Awdal is rich in resources and has an intelligent population which is genetically superior. awdalites are going to prosper despite all the enemies surrounding their land (Djibouti, Ethiopia, Jeegaanta) 

keep up the noble fight niyoow. don't be lectured by jeegaan secessionists eating the flesh of their own children. 

wakandan   
On 2/9/2018 at 1:14 AM, Holac said:

I would argue that since the vast majority of Somaliland population is below the age of 30, they know nothing but Somaliland and have no connection or allegiance to the former Somali Republic. Not to mention the anarchy and strife of the past 25 years, compared to the relative peace and stability in Somaliland, it only serves as a cautionary tale to steer clear of instability.