Sign in to follow this  
Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

Marax

capt.998d2f8fbf2b4ee9a2fc561bf1ad393f.ke

U.S. Senator Barack Obama, right, is dressed as a Somali Elder by Sheikh Mahmed Hassan, left, during his visit to Wajir, a rural area in northeastern Kenya, near the borders with Somalia and Ethiopia. The area is at the epicenter of a severe drought that has hit the Horn of Africa region, after erratic and insufficient rains during the April-June season. (AP Photo - Aug 27)

Baliis, hoosgundiga ha naga ceebeyn.

and Why did he go there, I heard its his ancestors land, originally from Wajir, Is that true? Or do the rumours get the best of me..

Tuke, maraxaan Soomaali Xaawo iyo Aaden ee iska galaan.

Aabihiis wuxuu ahaa qabiilka la yiraahdo Luo, one of the main ethnic tribes of Keenya.

He went to Wajeer maxaa yeelay dhulkaas Keenyaatiga heysto abaar ayaa ka jirtay, walina laga soo kabsan.

Asagoo rati la taagan fiiri:

r92301578.jpg?x=252&y=345&sig=SYO5Icaxzp

There is so much hype around the GUY ===> The First Black President??? Mrs Clinton is shitting on her daipers - me hears!

Any of your thoughts Americans?

Cheers

SeeKer   

^^^Not gonna happen. America is not ready for a black president yet. Obama is dancing a nice jig though, I don't doubt he would be a contender down the wire but not enough to push for the presidency.

oboma.jpg

This was the picture I was mocking a year and half ago. Where was the uproar when I called him marax? :D I called him marax wearing go'a iyo hoosgundida hidaheena ah in '06, when he was visiting Wajeer. I will take and swallow back that comment now.

He is raggeedi now, so unmarax. :D

Aaliyyah   

OBama maryaha somaliyeed Wuu ku qurxoonyahay MMA wuu maseersanyahay redface.gif

Besides, there is already another thread regarding this issue incase you haven't notice MMA smile.gif

Besides, there is already another thread regarding this issue incase you haven't notice MMA

I know, sister. But this thread is a year and half old, so I remembered when I called him a marax in a mock reference in that time. I wanted to take that comment back now, since dad badan dhaqankeenaba soo faragishtay, wax kale ka dhigay. I see you didn't check the date.

come on now, I think he looks rather handsome in that garb.

Don't force inaa mid anigoo hoosgundideyga sabarindida mida ah waliba wato inaa inta kusoo dhajiyo. Hoostaa gilinaa yarkaan dhagaha kuus kuusan. :D

The meaning of Obama's robes

A photo of US presidential candidate Barack Obama wearing Somali clothing is causing a storm after it got released to the Drudge Report website.

Yusuf Garaad Omar, head of the BBC's Somali Service, explains the meaning of the robes.

These are the normal clothes that nomadic people wear.

The head turban is especially used by elderly people as a suggestion of respect. It is something that has no meaning whatsoever in Somalia culture.

If you see someone dressed like that in Somalia, you think it is a nomadic person - that is all.

There is no religious significance to it whatsoever. It is mainly the nomadic people who use it. Some of them are religious, some are not.

It is simply a tradition of the place where they are from.

In this particular place, Wajir in north-east Kenya, the community is majority ethnic Somali.

They have a council for Peace and Development, and when they get delegates they dress them as a nomadic person.

I have been trying to track down the old man in the photo with Mr Obama, and I have been told he is Mohammed Hassan, the chair of the council itself. But he is not in town today, and we could not get hold of him.

This debate reminds me of people back home in Somalia, who say that women should not wear trousers, or other cultures who say men should not wear a tie. I just don't think it makes sense.

Aaliyyah   

I am sorry MMA, I didn't check the date smile.gif

I will take and swallow back that comment now.

He is raggeedi now, so unmarax. [big Grin]

Now, I agree w/ you