Sign in to follow this  
Lili

Marrying..........?

Lili   

Hello to all yo, I have been asking this question to my self since I was kid, and never got the answer. I hope some of you will help.

As we all know in our religion {Islam} Man is allowed to have more than one wife, and woman is not, why?

Please don't take me wrong. It's just a queston.

Peace out!

nuune   

welcome first.

GOOD QUESTION INDEED.

the answer TO YOUR question is what you just said in your last two lines!!!

but the kind of answers you are looking for can be answered by YOU since you are not a kid!

RAMADAAN KARIIM TO ALL OF YOU

Honesita   

It does not benifit the society if the woman has multiple husbands.....lets say a woman can give birth to 10 children in her lifetime...a man merries 4 women, he has 40 kids....a woman marries 4 men, she only has 10 kids.....now how da hell is that gonna increase the population...!!!

When a woman is married to 4 men, and she has kids, how da hell would she know who the father of the kid is....!!!

Islam does not tell us to do what is not in the nature of human beings.....so it aint in woman's nature to be promiscuous...but it is in men's nature....!!!

If ya didnt understand....wait till u grow up...!!! Caruur yar aa ka tahay amuurahaan...!!!

Salaamz

Abdinuur   

Lili, I guess in human nature, man tend desire more than woman. In order for a man not to commit adultery and cheat on his wife, Allah made it easy for him by providing and allowing him to marry more than one woman. Of course marrying more than one woman is not that simple. There's a lot of responsibilities and duties that the man must fulfill such as providing each woman with equal love and justice.

The point is that Allah allowed for man to marry more than one woman and all Muslims have to accept that with no doubt. It is an order of Allah (swj) and you can read suraat An-Nisa (The Women) for further details.

Ramadan Kareem.

hon' as it has been said'- the only, ONLY reason man were given that prilvage back in the day was because the populations of MUSLIMS were down and allah wanted US to have atleast a fighting chance in comparsion to the christains and jewis's but as i can see' our population as muslim is good as it stands now (top 2) and if any men thinks he can handle junglin two or more females is dead wrong' cuz than it's his hormones which are takin ova not his true essence - love for one ... but allah has neva said anythin bout a sistah accepting the fact of our husbands marryin otha wife's- we are in the 21centurny n there something tha change' and this being the first

one xxxxxx

Baashi   

Lili

1. The ratio of women will always be > that of men. It is a simple fact.

2. Natural disasters affect us, the humans, evenly with no discrimation.

3. Man-made disasters, wars, affect men more than women. Army of all nations are men.

4. All conventions of war, rules of engagement, ancient or recent have one thing in comen: DON'T mess with civilians, that is women and children.

It follows that if its human nature to have conflicts and wars and men are often the victims of wars then there will be more women than men as long as we are resorting wars to settle our conflicts. Therefore Allah gave women a legal ground, a permission if u will, to have a chance to enjoy this life by always having a man available to them no matter the supply pool.

Finally, we are not allowed to question Allah's wisdom or his directives. We are told that its our benefit to follow his directives. This religion is based on faith not reason or rationale. So abstain...the whys.

Don't buy the womens' liberation or sexual revolution literature out there that attacks plogymy (spelling not sure)..just in case u read make sure u also have chance to read the other side of the debate...u will see the light.

So have faith in Islam and then expand ur knowlege.

Ramadan Kariim