Sign in to follow this  
-Lily-

Relocating

Malika   

Lily,the thought of starting all over is quite appealing to me,but currently responsibilities are holding me down,but one day!! I shall set sail to far away lands! I'A. I am not home yet!

Aaliyyah   

I have entertained the idea of moving to the states and who knows I might within few yrs. But, there is no way that I want to move across continents and I don't understand why somali families are consistently moving across continents they never seem to be content.

Miriam1   

^ Aliyah! and leave the pretty Toronto? free health care and all?

could not never consider moving anywhere permanently...this city has grow on me.

on the other hand might be willing to live in Turkey or Egypt temporarily

^^Aaliyah I might move to the states this year too. Although I am not a big fan of moving around, I have lived in the same house for the past ten years. I will surely miss my home town Toronto.

Delilah   

Moving is too complicated. I've been thinking of moving for some time, but the more i think about it the more reasons i produce for staying. If nothing else, the draw of free healthcare is far too tempting to give up. But i heard Belgium has free healthcare too?

Haneefah   

^It may be free, but there's absolutely nothing enticing about this health care system which is inevitably heading to ruins due to reasons I don't even want to get into right now; pay a visit to your local ER and you'll know what I mean. Talk about need for serious policy changes.

Anyways, about the topic...I personally subscribe to the old saying of 'meeshii lagu qubeystaa lagu qalajistaa' or something along that line. In essence, I dislike change.

I did however have to make a move last yr for studies, and it was a pretty darn difficult experience. Insha'Allah, there's another one pending come next spring; where? Allahu aclam! Maybe back home in ON, the States, Africa -wherever my career path takes me. Meanwhile, if an opportunity presents itself to settle in Mecca, Madina, or Morroco (even temporarily), I'll be more than delighted to pursue that and explore other aspects of my life. For now, I'll just be the student with many tentative plans.

Aawey magacyadii Soomaaliyeed isku bixin jireen maadaama reer guuraa ahayeen?

Dalmar

Dulmar

Geedi

Socdaal

Guurre

Dareere

Soomaali waligood wey soconayaan, meel ay u jeedaan ha u jeedaan. Xataa this site recognizes that, being a nomad.

Baluug   

I'm a free man. My home is where my feet are. I am a former military brat who has moved around to a few places as a child, and so I don't really feel a connection to any particular place. But I stay put for the sake of my kids.

Originally posted by -Lily-:

Since we are nomads by nature it’s no surprise that relocation is becoming more popular. In recent years, and more specifically at the present moment, more siblings, friends and even work colleagues have either been talking about relocating or have already relocated. The most popular places seem to be Dubai, Canada and Australia.

What drives people to relocate? Is it the climate (some people, including myself, take this very seriously)? Is it the culture? The sense of adventure or new beginnings? Better prospects? Is the grass really greener on the other side? What do you consider ‘quality of life’ to mean? Would you consider relocating?

I love relocating,the challenges,the unknowns,the unexpected and the prospects of the endless opportunities are immense. I would say,for me,what moved me was perhaps to "discover" the unknowns to see what i could possibly achieve.

I have moved 1/2 dozen times in the past 10years...i have a feeling i will still be on the move,perhaps though this time(God willing),it will be the final move; to the place i was born: Africa. Time to serve and pay back "My people"(Whatever the ^&^& that means).

My N/American tour is coming to an end,i can feel it.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^Gabar ma heshay weli aad guurtid maba xumee?

:D

Taking sand to the beach sheekadeeda wadaaye? I am going to Africa,they grow and breed organic Halimos there,Waa kusidee? smile.gif

^^Please let me know if you find organic Halimos in E Africa. I have undying interest in Garisa and Wajeer…ha igu soo noqon lee saaxiib adoo visa :D xaraynaayya.

Originally posted by xiinfaniin:

^^Please let me know if you find organic Halimos in E Africa. I have undying interest in Garisa and Wajeer…ha igu soo noqon lee saaxiib adoo visa
:D
xaraynaayya.

Waa iga balan,Walle iyo bille waa iga balan smile.gif