Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

SOMALIS FEAR CHILDREN WILL FALSELY CLAIM ABUSE

Gabbal   

What can i say Opp, we are all backward Soomalis, who can only beat up their children. I think we need to get on with the Amerikaan culture, and stop living like REER-BAADIYIIN. I like that. We also need to approve of sex before marriage, and our daughters can have all the b/friends they want in the world. They are also allowed to wear that thing they see on TV, because its so hip to do and its part of the new culture. What else am i missing? I am very sure there are more i haven't said. Oh, and parents who beat up their children, they all deserve to be in JAIL.

I'm in league with you Nin Yaaban :mad:

Opinionatted, sis I know you got your opinions, but did you reread your post? Just reading from the post I saw a clear picture of the girl's future. The most likely direction she's heading is to become a Christian.

Who said one has to be hit in the face to be disciplined? She can be whipped or pinched or any other kind of beating, or are you against any and all beatings?

Children are neither Christian nor Muslim, they are what the parent makes them. God knows how many times I got beat, hit, with all kinds of bruises on my body, but it never, ever crossed my mind to go run to Christians and other gaalos, talking about abuse and other ****** such.

Then she has the mind to change clothes at school at the 6th grade! Taas wee ku qasaareen!

Think about the parents and what they're going through. I understand what abuse is, but surely u must understand the difference between abuse and discipline?

Who said one has to be hit in the face to be disciplined? She can be whipped or pinched or any other kind of beating, or are you against any and all beatings?

Yes, I am against all types of beatings. even when you slap a person in the face, Islam tells us not to even leave a bruise or a tell-tell mark. Are you going to challenge me on this?

Children are neither Christian nor Muslim,
they are what the parent makes them.

Are you even educated in the religion brother? How can you say children are neither muslim nor christian? That's blasphemous!! In Islam, Children who are not of age are Muslim , whether they live in christian or jews or pagan families. Is this what your duugsi teacher taught you ? Please do not make such comments for it will mislead people on the internet.

Thank god I don't practice the somali dhaqaan, maybe the way you displine your kids are the reason why they behave the way they do.

Second of all, you are in a mainly non-muslim country (by your choice) and they have laws and such that protect the rights of children ...so if you choose to beat your kids senselessly..well you must deal with the law then! just as this fool of a father did. You just dont go around threatening children with knives..it's ridiculous!!

:rolleyes:

opinonated that might be true, but to be honest i havent come across somali parents who havent disiplined there children with punisment beatings, and to be honest it seems to work well for the best part.

Here in the UK society has lost controll of children, they run around unchallanged creating trouble wherevere they be.

Most of these children are unfortunate in that there parents never established some ground rules for them by disiplining them. Now they do whatever they want because if they did not have respect for their parents why should they have respect for anyoneanyone

what do you call "beating" what do you call "abuse"? when you guys write the word "beat" i get the image of tyson and hollyfield, seriously, how much of a beating does a child need to get the point. i grew up in a reg. somali home, i used to get slapped when i was disrespectful (mind you these werent kiddy slaps, they were the kind to give you migraines) and thats about it really. my lil brother gets the same thing. thats not abuse.looking back, when i was a kid i got the coat hanger, but i dont remember those incidents, you wanna know why? cause they werent abuse. i got hit, i cried, i said sorry. whatever. but if a parent begins to take out there own problems on their kids, because theyre annoying them, kicks them in the chest, throws em down the stairs, than yeah, id call that abuse. i wouldnt want any of my lil cousins living in that type of household.

also, when you guys say shit like "she wants to be christian", "she wants to be white" "she wants to be___", its really weak. i think of it as the equivalent of "youre a doody head", it cancels out every smart thing you said earlier. someone has a different opinion to yours, so what? you attack the person? right.

LuCkY   

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY NIN-YAABAN:

What can i say Opp, we are all backward Soomalis, who can only beat up their children. I think we need to get on with the Amerikaan culture, and stop living like REER-BAADIYIIN. I like that. We also need to approve of sex before marriage, and our daughters can have all the b/friends they want in the world. They are also allowed to wear that thing they see on TV, because its so hip to do and its part of the new culture. What else am i missing? I am very sure there are more i haven't said. Oh, and parents who beat up their children, they all deserve to be in JAIL.

I think you missed the point here Nin-Yaaban-how typicaL. :rolleyes:

The girL didnt say Lets Leave our dhaqaan behind and take the american one-re-read the post again.

*Sex before marriage doesnt need the american cuLture approvaL we(somaLis)have done that aLL on our own.This shouLdnt be surprising to any of you.

*Whether it was in SomaLia or here certain peopLe used to have boy/girL friends-again it shouLdnt be surprising-mind you the west didnt bring about this change.And how come you are onLy addressing the girLs huh?What about the boys-have you forgotten them? :rolleyes:

*Some of them wear what they Like regardLess of the tv and its infLuence. :rolleyes:

*Parents need to Learn to discipLine their kids.There is a fine LINE between discipLine and beating the Living crap out of a chiLd. And if they cant take care of their chiLdren-so be it they shouLd be abLe to handLe the consequences.

Originally posted by Lucky:

The girL didnt say Lets Leave our dhaqaan behind and take the american one-re-read the post again.

No i think its you who needs to reread what she has wrote and understand the real intentions behind it. Anyone who says, the SOOMALI way of living is backward is advocating the Amerikaan culture over the Soomali one.

Mizz Unique is the only one making sense here today. Mizz Unique please continue to enlighten those who think our dhaqan, and our parents are backwards to the best of your abilities. And my god help you.

Changed   

DP........i love the word dacas slap walaahi....i would be a millionare by now too........nin yaban that i gues ...

LuCkY   

And why did you dismiss the whoLe post and pick out a tedious Line onLy. :confused:

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY NIN-YAABAN:

No i think its you who needs to reread what she has wrote and understand the real intentions behind it. Anyone who says, the SOOMALI way of living is backward is advocating the Amerikaan culture over the Soomali one.

Thank you very much but i read and comprehended what she wrote.

*It seems to me that some peopLe who bLame the west for everything need to reevaLuate themseLves and what they are doing wrong*

ORIGINALLY POSTED BY OPPINIONATED:

I say get over yourselves and the frigging dhaqaan, and start raising your kids properly, the right way, without a belt or a friggin stick.

This is what she posted and quite frankLy i agree with her.Now where in this post is she advocating the american cuLture over the somaLi way of Living as you caLL it.

Gabbal   

Opinionated sorry sis, I ment a child grows up to be neither a Christian nor a Muslim, it's what the parent makes him.

Of course, there are those who Allah, subxanawatacala, leads to the true path, but that is basically how it is. And yes, my macalin did teach me that and I don't know if it was a Sahaba or Nabi Maxamad, salalaahu calayhi wasalam, who said. Ma dambaabi kari, but it was either one who said it.

Sister about discipline it is permissable but not on the face.

Hadith - Bukhari (#883) and Abu Dawud

Nafi' said, "Ibn 'Umar used to beat his children for mistakes in diction

Hadith - Dawud, Narrated As-Saburah [Also recorded by Ahmand and al-Hakim. Al-Syuti has give in a notation signifying that it is authentic. Al-Albani has graded it hasan. Al-Albani, Sahih al-Jami, vol. 2, p. 1021]

The Prophet said: Order your children to pray at the age of seven. And beat them [lightly] if they do not do so by the age of ten. And separate them in their bedding.

However one must not beat children when in any level of anger.

Thank god I don't practice the somali dhaqaan, maybe the way you displine your kids are the reason why they behave the way they do.

I don't want to say names, but some people in here are proving to be just another Waris Dirie.

Our religion is our culture.

****Don't misinterpret my post nomads, I know exactly the difference between abuse and discipline. In fact I would never go beyond 2-3 swipes with a hanger.