Sign in to follow this  
Nin-Yaaban

SOMALIS FEAR CHILDREN WILL FALSELY CLAIM ABUSE

Changed   

Originally posted by somealien:

mizz unique, i agree with pretty much everything you said in your second paragaph and im still trying to wrap my mind around your first one. i mean, if what i have in mind is the right story than she was downright disrespectful to her parents for accusing them of such a thing, but her behaviour prior to it really didnt warrant her to be
killed, and i think that if this had been a boy conforming, wearing baggy clohes, braiding his hair and found talking to a white girl hed be slightly teased, or at most yelled at and chastised, and the whole subject would be dropped. why is that?

walaalo if it was a boy i think he would get beat too and he would get yelled at too but he would not make a big deal out if as we girls do.boys get beat while we get yelled at ..they get the physical pain..

...no boy would be cought wearing something around his parents and changing when he gets to school he does in front of them and that is a different case they yell and pray for him and sometimes whoop him but no one can force someone to change their attitudes they will give up eventually.....

islamic girs on the other hand are always considered to victimised when its the total opposite...

...they (parents)wont worry about the boys as much as the girls because he wont end up pregnant,he wont get rapped(most cases) and like i said earlier they want us to have a good reputation and they would not want to have gabar dhilo aah(reputation is a big deal to us somalis)...I dont have a brother so i cant say what my mom would have done but trust me when i say this when my mom and dad had their first child my older sister MY DAD SWORE IF HE WAS GIVEN 99 SONS HE WOULD LOVE MY SISTER MORE CUZ SHE WAS HIS FIRST CHILD.

.children according to somalis are the same they love their daughters as much as the boys in not more and show tuff love to the girls cuz they dont want society to look down on their girls .(they want to have a good child everyone envies)..and we all know our society would call the girl dhilo and other names if she was cought with a man....all he tried to do was scare to save her reputation i dont thinks that doocil was a thankfull......ama agree with athena i think she is older than age they say she is :rolleyes: .......

Originally posted by Conscious Manipulation:

asalaamu alaykum,

Even if her father did threatened her the fact that she got on the stand and testified against him should warrent her the death penalty.

For a once, that brings a smile to my heart.

MaLikah   

In all honesty, I have seen some very violent somali fathers who've deserved to be punished by the freakin law for not using some God-given common sense. I'm sorry, but nobody should be beat till they're black and blue (Islam doesn't even permit hittin' someone in the face lest u leave a bruise) so I definitely think puttin them in a near coma is acceptable. If the parent has a rage problem, should that also be the child's problem? This girl is 12 people, 12. Instead of actually seeking out whether she was threatened, the community chooses to blame her. I doubt whether they even investigated her claims thoroughly. And folks, we are somali, we know our habits and somalis have invented the idea of exaggeration. If a stone hit you, you'll tell everyone that you were hit by a meteorite. C'mon now, sounds like the fam is exaggeratin thru their teeth.

Changed   

After six hours of deliberation, the jury returned to the courtroom at 10:45 p.m. Friday. They found Shide not guilty of aggravated menacing, and they couldn't reach a decision on the assault charge and one of the domestic violence charges.

But on the most minor charge, domestic violence as a fourth-degree misdemeanor, they found Shide guilty. Municipal Court Judge Dwayne Maynard fined him $100, gave him a 30-day suspended jail sentence and put him on probation for 13 months

well that is what they said about him and i think the 30 day jail thingy is over by now since he got sentence may this year ..so he is not serving time in federal prison nin yaban....... i think he has every right to ask for an appeal ;)

CM: could not agree with u more .......it reminds me if what the prophet said ameen to: i think it including those who disrespect their parents allah manajjini :(

malikah walaalo she said he only threatned her and slaped her dont tell me u have never been slapped by a parent or a sister .......we used to get our butts wooped cuz we were being naughty..and that is all he did and he scared her that is all.........which reminds me of my speech teacher who said he whooped his kids as$ infront of the church people and he did not ger charged and remind u he had a stick and he hit the kid in public .he told us cuz he was disappointed at the somali kids that kept calling their parents harrasers ...even the galooying believe in teaching kids how to behave and when they are really bad they deserve a little dacas slap..in my community kids cant call cops on their parents cuz they got tired of the number of calls ....they told the kids they would take them to JD(juvenile detention)...now none of them dare call cops smile.gif

This girl makes me feel the need to take the next flight to the states and slap her till her brain starts working again. She got her "FREEDOM" which allows her to do whatever she wants now, but how long will that last?! Hmmm...This girl will soon start weeping for her mother and father's love. She will realize that she did wrong. Damn, if I was away for a day from my parents it would hurt me inside, although they yell and hit me everytime I did a mistake, they are my parents and I love them to death. Damn, wallahi I dunno but I don't like this girl, she disgusts me in all manners. I'm Out.

.:peace n luv:.

Originally posted by MIZZ-UNIQUE:

quote:Originally posted by somealien:

mizz unique, i agree with pretty much everything you said in your second paragaph and im still trying to wrap my mind around your first one. i mean, if what i have in mind is the right story than she was downright disrespectful to her parents for accusing them of such a thing, but her behaviour prior to it really didnt warrant her to be
killed, and i think that if this had been a boy conforming, wearing baggy clohes, braiding his hair and found talking to a white girl hed be slightly teased, or at most yelled at and chastised, and the whole subject would be dropped. why is that?

walaalo if it was a boy i think he would get beat too and he would get yelled at too but he would not make a big deal out if as we girls do.boys get beat while we get yelled at ..they get the physical pain..

...no boy would be cought wearing something around his parents and changing when he gets to school he does in front of them and that is a different case they yell and pray for him and sometimes whoop him but no one can force someone to change their attitudes they will give up eventually.....

islamic girs on the other hand are always considered to victimised when its the total opposite...

...they (parents)wont worry about the boys as much as the girls because he wont end up pregnant,he wont get rapped(most cases) and like i said earlier they want us to have a good reputation and they would not want to have gabar dhilo aah(reputation is a big deal to us somalis)...I dont have a brother so i cant say what my mom would have done but trust me when i say this when my mom and dad had their first child my older sister MY DAD SWORE IF HE WAS GIVEN 99 SONS HE WOULD LOVE MY SISTER MORE CUZ SHE WAS HIS FIRST CHILD.

.children according to somalis are the same they love their daughters as much as the boys in not more and show tuff love to the girls cuz they dont want society to look down on their girls .(they want to have a good child everyone envies)..and we all know our society would call the girl dhilo and other names if she was cought with a man....all he tried to do was scare to save her reputation i dont thinks that doocil was a thankfull......ama agree with athena i think she is older than age they say she is :rolleyes: .......
the boy wont end up pregnant, but he could impregnate a girl, and to an extreme become a victimiser and be the rapist. i know, there are different things to worry about when dealing with a son and a daughter, but in this comment you said:" no one can force someone to change their attitudes they will give up eventually....."

but when talking about the girl, you said they (the parents) have every right to kill her. that just struck me as odd, and as far as the reputation thing, i think thats one of our downfalls as a people. we worry too much about reputation, and what other people are thinking about us than the stuff that really matters. everything is about keeping up appearances so youll sacrifice your kids well being so theyll never embarass you? someone else made an entire post dedicated to how much they hate somalis for their gossiping ways, but by making your self-worth, or yr childs self-worth dependant on what other people think or say is messed up in itself, no? again im not saying parents shouldnt discipline their kid, i dont think any parent should be afraid of disciplining their kids, which is why i said i felt bad for the kids who are accually being abused cause theyll never be believed, im just saying your kid doesnt deserve a death penalty for dissapointing you.

Changed   

^^^

abaayo i have never heard of a somali parent kill their child cuz they disappointed them(they threatened them to scare them but never take the actions )..we have our bads and good as somalis i hate it when they talk about qabiil and gossip others but walaahi we got eachother backs when we are in trouble an example would be the somali community being with him((the dad of the girl)...i agree with u on the boys part a little but walaalo its hard for us to walk in their(parents) shoes , we can never feel what they feel ...the only time we will is when we are parents our selves ..

its sad walaahi.....boys do all that but then the parents could care less as long as its their child who aint the victim.......they(parent) dont care about the situation their boys are in as much as they would on their daughters. they dont do that on purpose but its the selfishness in them .as long as it aint their daughter who pregnant it aint an issue..we women are concern to our parents and the concern is in every parent muslim, jews,christians, hindu, and and in every ethnicity ...NOW IF we want to question their concerns lets not only question the somali parents only lets question the entire world ..cuz walaahi somali parents are no different than any other parent, they just speak a different languages and they may have a different religions but all parents think alike smile.gif

i hope i made my point clear am thinking faster than am typing redface.gif

i didnt say it was just a somali thing, all im asking is what made you say the parents would be justified in killing her? cause to tell the truth that shocked me, especially when other people started agreeing.

Changed   

posted by me

if my mom or dad killed me they have the right to do so cuz they besides ALLAH they bought me to this earth(being a little extreme)

religiously if a mother beats her child her child its not a sin.(i was told and still lookin for the hadith..) i dont think any sane mother/dad would kill her/his child

girl they bought us to this world they did everything for us ...if he wanted to kill her he had his chance and he did not do it .....a little decipline would not hurt us ..and i have never heard of a somali parent kill a child.....like i said i was being a little on the extreme i needed the extremecy to proove my point ;)

this is what the prophet said about people like her

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr

Allah's Apostle said. "It is one of the greatest sins that a man should curse his parents." It was asked (by the people), "O Allah's Apostle! How does a man curse his parents?" The Prophet said, "'The man abuses the father of another man and the latter abuses the father of the former and abuses his mother."

king_450   

This story is being told so many times, how specially Somali Children acting so dump , and accusing their loving parents such horrendous accusation, i will never blv in my life that a somali parent will ever abuse their children , never,but to the contrary they will die for their kids, in this case i hope the family don't even look back and claim that child , let it be gone, for good.Well by just reading this thread i am noticing some of you who have their mind made up to do the same,plz don't wear the wrong shoes, it doesn't fit .Be yourself and respect your parents.

Don't start drumming for the wrong reason.I wish he could have bought a ticket and take her *** back to where she belongs,certainly she has no future in the states, once you accused your own parents, what good are you?

Miskin   

there are two sides to every story, but all in all i think the little girl is making up stories just to be free. we all know that parents get bit carried away when they see little girl with a boy, but what she is claiming is bit too sexed up.

Opinionated and Somalien u guys dont make sense.

okay, mizz, i finally got you, it s just that the word "killed" disturbed me.

and miskiin, what dont you understand? and what do you mean by "free"? was she caged up before? and what do you mean by sexed up? im serious, im curious as to what you mean.

Point of the matter is this: a 12 year old kid vs. her BOTH her parents. Where's the argument? No loving mother would accept the continued abuse of her daughter, especially not with 911 available.

So, I think the girl is lying. Abusive fathers do exist, but a father that places a knife on his own daughter's throat? That's NOT abusive. Its called murder. EVEN if this were a fact, then it'd be a rarity.

Its funny how certain ladies jump on the "anti-fatherly-abuse" wagon so quickly, without remembering the case. It says Rahma put on traditional clothes in her foster parents' home, but quickly shed them at the school for a more American look. Clearly, the girl is an actor!