Sign in to follow this  
Nephissa

I Will Give You HIV

Nephissa   

How to say I Luv U in Nigeria..

Your mobile phone beeps, you have received a text message.

It begins: "I swear, I will make sure I give you HIV..."

But it's not an abusive threat, it's a "romantic" text message copied from a book on sale all over Nigeria that professes to give young people the words they need to court the woman or man of their dreams.

"H is for Happiness and joy forever with an I: Incomparable love that will never V: Vanish until death do us part. BBC

The following are unsolicited text messages received by one woman:

• Call me, I love you

When you see d sun shine, dats me smiling at u. When d bird chirps dats me singing softly to your ear. If d clouds should release a few drops those r my tears bcos I'm missing you &when u feel d wind blow, dats my sweet breath whispering I love you. please reply

• Hello my sweet luvn sugar coated choco mallow milky shaky honey dipped chiz meltin orange juicy mozzarella pepperoni spicy icy friend, how r U?

• Good morning. I just woke up from a dream that I am in an aircraft and someone like you is in the cock pit. A U a pilot pls?

• How I wish I cud hold u so close 2myself.. caress your feminin body during ds drizzlin. Bet u r goin to luv it hun!! Hop ur enjoyin ur sleep. I KIA!

• Pls I say open the door to you heart for me to come in, I promise from dat day dat we meet till d end I will always make you smile. I really love you.reply...cheers

[ :D ]

Ibtisam   

Just imagined a big old Nigerian dude saying this, I even read it with an accent. Then I had images of Nigerian girls with attitude kissing their teeth or showing big grins :D

Who reads this damn books, I would give you HIV kuulaah. Why would they make light of something so serious that affects so many. :confused:

BOB   

I'm sick and tired of their second grade movies as its from the so-called Nellywood with its lame story lines and nursery rhymes not to mention the poor camera work and editing with even poorer sound that is being sold on every corner and you want me to add to their mobile phones?

Bishaaro....OVER MY DEAD BODY. :mad:

Peace, Love & Unity.

You dont joke about these kinda things and it is not funny or romantic either. Quite literally, if someone says that to someone else they really mean business. HIV traders!

Hello my sweet luvn sugar coated choco mallow milky shaky honey dipped chiz meltin orange juicy mozzarella pepperoni spicy icy friend, how r U?

Toloow ma caay baa mise waa amaan? smile.gif

BOB, speaking of those Nigerian low budget movies, can you believe that Somalis in the States (or at least in my town)are crazy about them. Every house you visit, you would see an entire family sitting down and watching the kind of movies. I wonder sometimes if they can even understand that accent at all( Eeh mo brodha hoo r yuh? i yom fontantik eeeh.) And about the giving HIV thing that really funny to say the least.

:D:D ....... I can imagine a Somali girl received the message "I will give you HIV" ,,, loooooool ,,, Hooyadaa sii bay odhan lahaayeen horta qaar aan ogahay ,, loool

Now i'm using that phrase from now on ,,,, hehehe

:D i love these lines ... gotta try them out

"Hello my sweet luvn sugar coated choco mallow milky shaky honey dipped chiz meltin orange juicy mozzarella pepperoni spicy icy friend, how r U?"

Qorax   

Somali ahaan waxay u dhigantaa;

Haye macaanteydiyeey, qasabka ka macaan badaneey, dhayda lo'aad midabkeeda u ekaay, luubaan la shiday ka carfoon badaneey, nirigtii in Maahis kor wanagleey, abatiitka xagiisa wax walba dam ka siisay, goortii la arkaba ilko fargeetoleey xabiibi nafteyda nafteedaay, Allalaah, waan ku salaamay Barni Buuraneey.

BOB   

Originally posted by Ibtisam:

^^^LOOOOL. Go on and BOB show us your cards
icon_razz.gif

What cards are you talking about...my sweet like Xalwo Kismayo mixed with fresh milk & honey coated with chocolate vanilla best served with Tangawiz? smile.gif

How's Eastend?

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Originally posted by Gheelle.T:

BOB, speaking of those Nigerian low budget movies, can you believe that Somalis in the States (or at least in my town)are crazy about them. Every house you visit, you would see an entire family sitting down and watching the kind of movies. I wonder sometimes if they can even understand that accent at all( Eeh mo brodha hoo r yuh? i yom fontantik eeeh.) And about the giving HIV thing that really funny to say the least.

^^^ :D:D:D Bro...My sister in law visited me from the States with my brother and the few days she was here we couldn't get her to watch anything else but these movies and worse yet she even bought handful of DVDs which I swear I could never understand why!

Here in Africa ladies are mad about these films some of them would sit in front of the telly all day long and watch these nonsense...the problem doesn't end with the accent alone but also the actors are as amatuers as one could find and oh my God...the storylines...I truly believe that Abtigiis & Tolka and Ngonge can easily outdo them...maybe I should suggest this idea to them heh and become their agent...what do you think?

Peace, Love & Unity.

Originally posted by Alfa:

Somali ahaan waxay u dhigantaa;

Haye macaanteydiyeey, qasabka ka macaan badaneey, dhayda lo'aad midabkeeda u ekaay, luubaan la shiday ka carfoon badaneey, nirigtii in Maahis kor wanagleey, abatiitka xagiisa wax walba dam ka siisay, goortii la arkaba ilko fargeetoleey xabiibi nafteyda nafteedaay, Allalaah, waan ku salaamay Barni Buuraneey.

:D:D:D

Hello my sweet luvn sugar coated choco mallow milky shaky honey dipped chiz meltin orange juicy mozzarella pepperoni spicy icy friend, how r U?

:D