maakhiri1

Former Puntland President proposes Solution to PL/SL conflict

He presented how under him, and under Yeey, SL was defeated and chased away numerous times, including Adhicadeeye in 2004. I have high respect for this man, he talks about the truth and a true statesman.

The things have changed, and SL is winning now in SOOL, that is also a fact, and that is mainly due to as you said in your report, Sool Clan NUGAALEED are becoming hardcore SLers.

He also talks about, the same thing our Galbeedi  was saying,(do they meet at Alberta?) Puntland had slowed down secessionist agenda big time, and without Puntland, Secession could have succeeded. This is at the expense of the people of Sool , and Sanaag, who become disputed /conflict zone, with no progress.

galbeedi   

Former Puntland president Hashi said,

"Unfortunately, subsequent Puntland leaders did not share the same commitment to defend all parts of Puntland but merely cashed in on the association at national and international forums at the expense of the SSC regions. The evidence of this betrayal is the capture of Lascanod and most of the SSC regions over a decade and Puntland’s unwillingness to defend them in the first place or liberate them anytime thereafter"

This man is telling the truth. Cadde Muuse and Faroole has done a lot of damage to the SSC community . I met Cadde Muuse in 2001 at Dallas Texas in his way to t fight C/laahi Yusuf. Although he achieved for what he sought, he was not a real "Reer Bari" both in his accent and culture. He and Faroole sold every thing to Ethiopia, especially Faroole. 

When Cali Khaliif was chased in Taleex and SAxadheer, a local member of the federal parliament told me that Cali KHaliif has no intention of forming Khaatumo. HE was convinced that Cali was a secessionist, yet at the same time those who were based in Puntland also did not want an autonomous Khaatumo.

Now, Puntland must work with it's SSC members who are based in Puntland and allow them to make an independent federal state that should stand by its own merits. Also, the local conflict between the Mudug Community and Cali Khaliif community inside Puntland  has increased the animosity.

galbeedi   

Maakhiri1

You might not believe but I do talk to everyone  , whether they are in Hargeisa, Mudug, Minnesota , or Sanaag

• Like 1

galbeedi   

Our plan was to finish the Somaliland issue after we, the northern  unionists,  replaced Farmaajo in 2021, but I think Muuse Biixi had fast tracked our plan and things might end sooner than we think. If Laascaanood goes down  so does the sessionist plan and Muuse.

Remember,  Adde Muuse (RIP), during his time, Puntland was being exhausted both financially and militarily by the Federal government support in Baidoa/Mogadishu.

Faroole on the other hand was a complete moron,  and should never lead Puntland. He was/is 100% working for SL.

16 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

Maakhiri1

You might not believe but I do talk to everyone  , whether they are in Hargeisa, Mudug, Minnesota , or Sanaag

No wonder you have so much info, fast network..:)

galbeedi   

Yes, Cadde was probably preoccupied with the rise of Mxakamado in Mogadishu and was sending resources to Mogadishu. Yet, he has the misfortune of being the man that Rayaalle took over from Lascaanood.

In fact, it wasn't all about military or Somaliland overpowering  the locals, it was the militia of the former interior minister Mohamed Cabdi xaabsade who took over Laascaanood. Cadde Muuse let Xaabsade go to the other side. It was a political failure, rather than military..

galbeedi   

I do believe that Muuse woke up a giant sentiment that was burning for years. Cali Khaliif has wasted six years. If that cancer is out , anything is possible.

Mourad1   

A community,  which is highly fragmented, can't simply be unified by the prospect of forming a Federal State within Somalia. The core issues that are causing the community to have different views, should first be addressed. 

If there is a genuine sense of community in the region, then the community must come to terms with real issues on hand.The influencers in the region have their own agenda. Puntland seems to have other priorities than being occupied with SSC region and simultaneously Somaliland is moving closer to secure its eastern borders. 

However, would securing the borders yield international recognition for Somaliland and the ultimate defeat of the Unionist camp in the North or would it be not enough to end the status quo. 

Anyways, I have a question for the Landers on the forum, why is Somaliland a unitary state considering the Unionists and tribal elements opposing it? 
  • Like 1

Miyir   

everyone misses the point, let them occupy as much tuulo as they want all the way to the Mogadishu

I hope the cool heads in Puntland prevail , its totally waste of money and resource for the separatist, people still roam around without care, who is going to feed and pay all that army sitting Baadiye? Aid money I guess?

compare before lasanod occupation and after lasanod occupied? the Somaliland project declined rabidly in many ways, living standard declined, lose of international community respect (seen warmongers) wasting aid money and taxes for futile occupation, if they have any sense they could have invested own cities and developed, the living standard is lower then Puntland and Mogadishu today, Read latest UN report,  where is the peace dividends? Somaliland gets more AID then combined rest of Somalia.  

IMHO Faroole should just pack his bags really well to withstand Mogadishu, head there and see what he can contribute or do in the national scene.

Puntland politics seems difficult for him to get a handle of.

If somene is convinced of a project, people expect him to have respect for the idea/project.