Sign in to follow this  
MAXIMUS POWERS

The Penguin-Style Hijab!

underdog   

Malika,

You think the black outfit doesn't draw attention. However you're all missing the main point, even if attention is drawn, what is it that you'll see except for a modestly dressed woman.

I thinks there's enough guidelines without getting fanatical about the issue.

MODESTY COMES ALL SHAPES AND COLOURS

ramadankareemia5.jpg

Malika   

^ :D @ your signature.

Modestynimadaa laa isumaa hayoo,am talking about the bright colours,designs etc, you missed that bit huh?..Nevertheless,everyone has their style of hijab,and perhaps this is the Somali style.

Kool_Kat   

Originally posted by Malika:

Come on guys, I mean an orange umbrella like jalbaab and a green skirt/dress under it,with man sandals and white socks is just an eye sore...ghastly![says the fashion police]

Minesoodha bey sidii qashin camal udaad sanyihiin kuwaan...Some places markaad tagto you would think inaa Caribana parade dhex joogto... :D

Xidigo   

Originally posted by Malika:

Come on guys, I mean an orange umbrella like jalbaab and a green skirt/dress under it,with man sandals and white socks is just an eye sore...ghastly![says the fashion police

Loool@ with man sandals :D

Tani waan taan ugu yeero, ka doroo dibi dhal. Abu-dalaayadaasi waa kadeed walee

Originally posted by Norf 2:

I'm finding it difficult to understand just what you're getting at.

Problem with this hijab? All hijabs? Why? Because of some bright colours?

Sxb, I have no problems with the hijab, in fact I have always supported but I think there has been a miscommunication between my intentions and what people are asserting my intentions are. I am merely saying these bright, conspicuous and attention-grabbing colours and styles are not in tune with Islam and modesty.

As Malika so eloquently put it:

‘‘Wearing attention grabbing colours is not very Islamic. A garment which is intended to conceal a woman and her beauty from public view cannot be a thing which enhances her beauty. Therefore, the garment should not contain bright colours, bold designs or reflective materials that draw men’s attention to the wearer. Imam Adh-Dhahabi says in his book Kitab AI-Kabalir (The Book of Major Sins): " Amongst the deeds which a woman is cursed for are displaying the adornments she wears, wearing perfume when she goes out, and wearing colorful clothes " Hence, the Muslim woman is encouraged to wear muted, somber colors and to avoid bright designs, patterns and colours.''.

Also these penguin style hijab are aesthetically dreadful. What does it say about Somali women? It screams: sluggish and can’t be bothered to make an effort! I am sure you could look good dressed modestly. Personally I am turned off those with Penguin Hijabs!!, but then then again these tend to be recently arrived immigrants or middle aged women!!

Indhacade might a reference to a condition of his eyes, perhaps he has untreated cataracts!

What are you views of the penguin style hijabs Mr. NG?? You have developed a method of skipping around all the threads like a school girl on a rope without actually taking a stance of certain issues!! You have exhausted your impartiality theshold!

N.O.R.F   

Marx,

One should commend those who wear the hijab without any conditions. Leave the rest to the Almighty (CZJ). Each to her own as it were.

lol@

Personally I am turned off those with Penguin Hijabs!!, but then then again these tend to be recently arrived immigrants or middle aged women!!

lol@penguin Hijabs.

Aaliyyah   

I'm a firm believer that everyone can wear whatever they want. If you don't like it, well the whole world isnt out there trying to please you. All you gota do is gaze down or gaze up (find a way to not look @ them)...

looooooooooool@ turns me off....the nerve of this man....

salaam

Xidigo   

Ma anaa waalan mise Cadan baa laga heesayaa. Soomalidu waxay tiraa jirjiroolaha iyo maskax geed kala baxdu waa ilma abti haha haha :D

Isn't it wonderful how accommodating and understanding everyone is in this thread? Even Northerner is calm. It was only a few months ago that all the fake wadaado were sharpening their plastic swords and polishing their yellow teeth, falling all over each other to attack Naden for saying what others said in the same thread. And now Marx is mocking the jilbab and not an angry whisper or a call of blasphemy. Once a hypocrite....... Mise isagu waa nin ;)

Now where is inankii fariid ka ahaa when you need him smile.gif

Ibtisam   

You would think people would be more concerned with the Somali drug dealers, junkies and increasing baby mothers in our community. If someone wants to talk about modesty, you are probably best starting off with try to address the Muslims sisters with their butt cheeks hanging out and tits popping out.

As for the umbrella hijjab popularized by the Somali ladies. I love it, the practicing Somali sisters don’t mess about, may Allah reward them and give them strength. The daily abuse they put up with to fulfill their lords command to the best of their ability rather than bending to pressure, stereo types and high fashion is admirable.

Marx, lol @ it puts you off, then it has achieved its purpose I think.

Malika, not so fast with the Hadith, that Hadith has been negated. I will dig up the reasons as too why tomorrow inshallah. So Islamicly this argument has no leg to stand on, other than the fact that some of us feel embarrassed justifying things to the fashion police.

*shakes head at Aaliyah and Malika's response* Really to sale your sisters so short. :(

P.s. I cannot believe this thread and the people who responded! :( :mad: