Sign in to follow this  
nuune

What an art, great display

nuune   

Meet Aadan Faarax Afey who is in Mogadishu and famous for his great arts and display, very little know about this man.

Ta27.jpg

In action

Ta1.jpg

Ta2.jpg

Ta3.jpg

Ta9.jpg

Ta13.jpg

Ta16.jpg

Ta18.jpg

With technology, Aadan can reach and make great arts!

Haarun   

Nuune,the last pic looks like me being disappointed with the elder's advices :D

Many luck to the brother,he is very talented.

Ashkiro   

^Their styles are very different. He's talented, I like the first 2 pieces. The second one is gorgeous, I wonder what or who inspired it. It seems the rest of these pieces are politically motivated and are of the Siad Barre Era and aren't current. I wonder if his art changed with the realities of the country. Are there more perhaps? Thx for sharing.

Chimera   

I'm suspicious about Amin Amir, there is something very sinister about his style and art, the fact that his work is always used as a political tool to mock whatever political side is being depicted is a good indication of this, while this brother on the other hand prefers to paint in a positive style, which i personally can appreciate much more.

this is clearly

Queen Araweello

Ta1.jpg

Ashkiro   

I disagree Adam, I find nothing suspicious about Mr. Amir rather to the contrary. From what I’ve seen I think Mr. Amir is a genious and an important positive element in this saga that is the Current Somalia, namely the political disarray. The Country is in political turmoil and he depicts this reality with political satire in a fair way. Let me stress that, he is unbias which is rarely found in Somali circles. As for Mr. Afey, I’ve never heard of him and these paintings are enjoyable, but are of the past I do wonder if his style may have changed and if he has current paintings.

That’s the infamous Araweello? I would have never guessed. It’s interesting he depicted her character in such a way.

Chimera   

Well i can't look into Amin's mind when he does his work, so fair enough.

That has to be Arraweelo:

- Male Servants

- Female warriors

- Whip lol

nuune   

Ashkiro, these are also his arts, in curent situation, for the artists, they paint what they see in their mind in that particular time, like what inspired them, it is hard to understand how their mind works and how they depict particular time or reality, this man is no comparison to Amin Caamir's arts, their style is different.

Ta11.jpg

Ta19.jpg

Ta21.jpg

Some others:

Ta23.jpg

Ta25.jpg

of Yemen & Somalia

Ta28.jpg

I am not great fan of arts, but I do appreciate the great works done by great men like Amin and Aadan Faarax.

Adam lol@whip, it has to be Araweelo, I agree with that.

BOB   

Was Caraweelo that hot? Qofta caadi maba eheen if she looked half as good as that paint!

Peace, Love & Unity.

Urban   

I'm really impressed, thanks for opening this thread Nuune.

The guy's an inspiration, keep the pictures coming!

Paragon   

Impressive stuff, and I said that a former 'fine'arts amateur smile.gif . That was before I drew Sheikha Dugsiga and got myself bakoor'e'd for shortening his beard.

All in all, this artist has produced beautiful works. Bravo.

This is very nice work, always like good art though I've never been good at it myself.

But amin is more of cartoon political satirist than anything, not much of a great artist. Not really a good comparison between the two.

nuune   

Aadan Faarax Afey is known to Somalis in Somalia, he worked in many newspapers across Somalia during 80s, he begin the Arts work in early 70s.

Some more from him:

som_history9.jpg

som_history32.jpg

som_history11.jpg

Dhimbil   

This guy is good, mansha allah.

Amin amir is the only impartial somali commentator on the scene. He does good job of making fun of all losers everywhere.