Sign in to follow this  
B

Homeless!!!! I Think I will Be Evicted!

B   

Housing authority is threatening to kick me out of my flat with immediate effect having failed to pay rent on time. They have been sending alot of threats lately with eviction notices. I have gone to the Citizens Advice Bureau but they have failed me.

Can anyone help or had previous experience on how to deal with the housing authorities.

NGONGE   

Looks like if you don't jump off that bridge, you'll at least be living under it. :D

Warya, don't you have anything better to do than post these meaningless topics?

You're doing so well as a squatter on SOL, why not do it at home?

Juxa   

aaah B not again.

they cant evict you without court order, attend the hearing, say maba aadan fahmin ama lacag maheysto. they would either ask you to pay £3 per week for what you owe or evict you

either way dont vacate the house, you need eviction order to get another council house.

ps: contact shelter

juxa tabaruc badanaa, intaa wax waalan bay u kaalmaysaa

maalin hore ticket baan xaday buu lahaa, maantana kuwa guryahaa ii dhaarsan kulahaa

i agree with ngonge on this one

B   

Originally posted by Juxa:

aaah B not again.

they cant evict you without court order, attend the hearing, say maba aadan fahmin ama lacag maheysto. they would either ask you to pay £3 per week for what you owe or evict you

either way dont vacate the house, you need eviction order to get another council house.

ps: contact shelter

Thanks Juxa,

The issue is that my rent has been in arrears, for only a couple of weeks after I cancelled my direct debit due to lack of credit in my bank. I have set up a new direct debit but it takes a week and I missed the deadline that was set by the council. I spoke to the lady from the council and she threatened me with eviction and sent several notices, some of which were in bright red!

This is not the first time I breached my tenancy agreement and I believe they put a condition in that if the rent was missed that they could evict me.

Malika   

LOL@B,warya diib badaniid! subhanallah..

Your a mess,a helpless mess!

I mean if they were sending you threating letter it means you havent paid your rent for ages..What have you been doing with your salary?

There is no free ride in life..

Juxa   

B in that case dont worry, eviction should be last resort. if you are prepare to pay your arrears they cant evict you period.

so pay it now if you can afford, if not borrow from family and friends. if paying the rent is becoming difficult seek assistance ie housing benefits which depends on what you earn

Xiin & karl, i do this all day long, sol is just extension of my already boring work-life

B   

Originally posted by Juxa:

B in that case dont worry, eviction should be last resort. if you are prepare to pay your arrears they cant evict you period.

so pay it now if you can afford, if not borrow from family and friends. if paying the rent is becoming difficult seek assistance ie housing benefits which depends on what you earn

Xiin & karl, i do this all day long, sol is just extension of my already boring work-life

I hope this is the case because the council is quite serious on eviction. I think this is because of the long waiting list for housing in the area.

The only reason why I moved out was because I want to see if I can be independent. The thought of asking my family is a really big shame and I dont think I could bring myself to ask after they have done so much for me including buying my weekly food and furnishing the house for me with Ikea furniture and stuff. My friend are very stuck up and I will not bring myself to lose face to these people. I might just resort to extending my overdraft limit!

Malika   

^Or he can post here details of his income and outgoings..We might be able to help him manage his money better.

Warya B,go find another part time job if your struggling to make ends meet..Seeking benefits should be left to those whom really dont have any other means to survive.

ps.How old are you?

NGONGE   

Do Al Shabab have any London operatives, I wonder! If they do, do they do a bit a moonlighting every now and then?

B   

When have somali people ever being that generous! Some people are glad to see you fail. I know because I know many like that! :(