Sign in to follow this  
Khayr

The 'Sister You Should Wear Hijab' Syndrome

burco girl does that supposed to make us all laugh? well sorry because it was a redicilous joke and not funny at all.

well brother kheyr may ALLAH reward you for this and i believe it's about time we the new generation and the sole hope of the future of our beloved country discussed about these types of issues because they all gonna effect us sooner or later, most of us live in christian countries and we know that west hates anything muslim with passion so they set a trap for us like bringing us to the west and all that but did you ever ask yourself what are they getting at? what's their intrest in these nomadic folks? certainly good concience has got nothing to do with it trust me we are all here for a purpose and that purpose being to change our mentality form being nomad to western and i believe you can all see the friuts of that because somany somali boys/girls fell into that trap and they all lost their identity some somali males wear earings,nose rings and whatever while their counterparts the girls are not that far behind so to all my fellow somali brothers and sisters let's wake up from this dream they have a mission and that mission is to make us all christians i know many of you will argue hell no they can never make me a christian or whatever but can you answer this question do you look muslim now? what's the first impression ppl get when they see you for the first time? i don't care what sex you're i'm talking to all somali youth and most of us have been to the west since 90-91 and we already lost many things along the way but imagine what's gonna happen to the future generation those who's gonna come after us in another word our great grand kids think about this and let me know what you think. some of us can't even speak somali language let alone read or write and they are in the west less than a decade so don't you agree when i say the FUTURE LOOKS BLEAK FOR SOMALI RACE? :(

-KIWI   

Asalaamu calaykum

About time because the sisters are impeccable on their appreance when it comes to dressing in the islamic way.

Where iam at we are know as the ninjas of our town,due to the jalbaab..

All we seem to hear is there goes the ninja chick....

I loathe the predicament i find myself in sometimes.These kafirs always seem to be expressing their belligerent statements..

Inshallah i have hope things wiil be for the better at the end of the day.....

"All we seem to hear is there goes the ninja chick....

I loathe the predicament i find myself in sometimes.These kafirs always seem to be expressing their belligerent statements..

Inshallah i have hope things wiil be for the better at the end of the day....."

I shouldnt worry to Much Nazhia think of only of how allow views u, Mashallah i have seen in this blessed month a lot of my somali sisters dressing moderatly its very hearting to see, or 'not to see'as it is smile.gif .

Inshallah Eiid Mubaraak to all u Nomads, Wa Calyakum Salam

Taqwa   

Assalamu Alaikum,

Khayr,

There is a great degree of difference between men and women when it comes to dress code. You see, the Hijab is an order from Allah (swt), where as the beard is a Sunnah of our blessed prophet (pbuh). You can't put these two things into the same context. Allah has said that both men and women should dress modestly, but there isn't a specific garments that you should wear. Every culture has certain clothing that may seem modest but it doesn't mean you must adopt them, but rather dress modestly. It is generally understood that men are not to expose the area of their body from the navel to the knee. However, many Muslim men would feel shy to expose a bare chest or bare legs in public.

P.S. Before you ask us to grow our beards, lecture your own father who looks like the average kufr walking on the street. I don't tell a women to wear a hijab nor do I tell a brother to grow his beard. It's really not my business and I'm terrible in dawah. No insults intended.

wa alaikum salam dear brother.

Sad,,,,,,

All the arguing over hijab when our ummah is in dire straights. Its always easier to address superficial matters rather than deal with the real issues. I can assure you the muslim world is not upside down because sisters arent wearing hijab. What happened to inner purification and judging yourself instead of others. What happened to zakat and sadaqah. Somalis are killing each other in the middle of zhuhur and asr and talking about hijab. Taking food stamps and lying and talking about hijab. hiding their uncleanliness and inability to control their kids and talking about hijab, sipping tea alnight at the coffee shop and talking about hijab. Stingy as hell and tribalistic and talking about hijab. Hijab is not a pillar and most of us cant even fulfill one pillar full time without judging others regardless of how they practice their deen ., Allah will judge us on the soundness of our heart--our intentions, and he has preferred the "garment of righteousness" which is something no one can judge except Allah. Get off your hijab wagon and stop sucking the government, killing each other, backbiting, failing to keep the mosques in hygenic conditions, wearing dirac and staying out all night, depriving children of time spent with both parents--quality time, being ungrateful for being in the US when that what you prayed for and Allah answered your prayers and engaging in all this idle talk without poising yourselves to change a darn thing. We have issues. Modesty is within the heart and it is a state of mind. A piece of cloth in and of itself has no power. Dont limit your understanding to concrete matters. It has nothing to do with looking like the kafars. Looking like the kafars is imitating the corruption that plaques a society of unbelievers. Somalia is a lawless, deenless, primitive, underdeveloped society that resembles best --a kafir society in every way.

In short worry about the real deal? Discover what it really is to be a kafir and get at the real reason why you like to argue over hijab.

Modesty   

Thanks Khayr, it's refreshing to hear that from a brother!

I love wearing my khimar, but it would be wonderful if our brothers showed some "islamic gear" instead of wearing Sean Johns and what not. In Fact, some brothers told me to take my khimar off, and I just took it like they were joking.

Modesty   

Most of all, I hate when a "wadaad looking guy" walks up to me to lecture me about my ankles showing like he is my dad, and my dad doesn't even lecture me, heck I'm grown! and That my shirt is "tight" hellooooooooo I can't help it! Why doesn't that same "wadaad" lecture Mr.Hip-Hop in the corner with his homeboys.

Naziha wrote:

-------------------------------------------------

Asalaamu calaykum

About time because the sisters are impeccable on their appreance when it comes to dressing in the islamic way.

Where iam at we are know as the ninjas of our town,due to the jalbaab..

All we seem to hear is there goes the ninja chick....

Inshallah i have hope things wiil be for the better at the end of the day.....

--------------------------------------------------

Dear Naziha

I am very proud and at the same time envious of your strength smile.gifsmile.gif

Ninja they say mockingly eh? So what? No one is free from name calling. Even if your were not wearing hijab you would still not be immune from peoples name calling

Curly   

You know, I thought I was the only person who noticed how odd it looked, when ever you see a Mashallah very Islamically dressed women (who has even covered even her face) walking hand in hand with a man you could never distinguish from a kafir.

I'm glad someone else out there noticed, I know my family constantly bugs me for not "looking" like your average muslim girl, but never take much notice of my brothers. They look more 'thugish' than islamic. (lol)

True.

it is sunnah to have the beard and put the trousers up.

but the problem is some people have this ignorent understanding that if something is sunnah then is not a must.

what is have noticed latley is there is more somali sisters practicing the deen then somali brothers.

the other day i went to a somali maxadiro. the maxadiro was in big hall mashallah with a curten between the brothers and sisters. but the weird thing is there was soo many women mashallah that they occupied almost all the hall and brothere had a small corner of the masjid.

even the shikh was suprised the soo much more sisters turned up then brothers.

rebel   

Khayr thanx for bringing to attention this issue that seems to plague a lot of somalian guyz ...serously there are those whom you have never met and yet have the audacity to aproach u and tell you ur shirt is tight or cover ur head...why do somalis put the hijab on a pedestal....its like the 7th pillar...the first and last thing i hear from every "islamic" brotha is the importance of hijab :confused:

nobody is denying that its wajib but ease up will you? there are also other important practices the Quran mentions...why not talk about those? backbiting is SOOO common and accepted as normal these dayz when its condemmed many times over by our Lord azza wa jal....

i think the guyz use it as a weapon of psychological dominance...them telling us to do hijab gives them some sort of a power trip. makes them feel superior...like "hahaha i got one up on you"

let me tell ya of an incident i witnessed a few years ago in highschool...a lecturer came in to give us a speech about Islam...one girl stood to protest something that he said when he lashed out at her like "go and put on a scarf before you talk to me..dont stand infront of me while you're naked"!!! this was said in somali which made it sound ten times worse :mad:

its these so called "islamic brothers" like this guy that just disgusts me! the hipocrocy!

:mad: :mad:

p.s. if that's naked i wonder wat term he would have used if she was actually literally naked

Originally posted by hamdi hajia:

Sad,,,,,,just tooo sad...

All the arguing over hijab when our ummah is in dire straights. Its always easier to address superficial matters rather than deal with the real issues. I can assure you the muslim world is not upside down because sisters arent wearing hijab. What happened to inner purification and judging yourself instead of others. What happened to zakat and sadaqah. Somalis are killing each other in the middle of zhuhur and asr and talking about hijab. Taking food stamps and lying and talking about hijab. hiding their uncleanliness and inability to control their kids and talking about hijab, sipping tea alnight at the coffee shop and talking about hijab. Stingy as hell and tribalistic and talking about hijab. Hijab is not a pillar and most of us cant even fulfill one pillar full time without judging others regardless of how they practice their deen ., Allah will judge us on the soundness of our heart--our intentions, and he has preferred the "garment of righteousness" which is something no one can judge except Allah. Get off your hijab wagon and stop sucking the government, killing each other, backbiting, failing to keep the mosques in hygenic conditions, wearing dirac and staying out all night, depriving children of time spent with both parents--quality time, being ungrateful for being in the US when that what you prayed for and Allah answered your prayers and engaging in all this idle talk without poising yourselves to change a darn thing. We have issues. Modesty is within the heart and it is a state of mind. A piece of cloth in and of itself has no power. Dont limit your understanding to concrete matters. It has nothing to do with looking like the kafars. Looking like the kafars is imitating the corruption that plaques a society of unbelievers. Somalia is a lawless, deenless, primitive, underdeveloped society that resembles best --a kafir society in every way.

In short worry about the real deal? Discover what it really is to be a kafir and get at the real reason why you like to argue over hijab.

How many of you know the PILLARS OF ISLAM, PILLARS OF IMAAN(faith)..and so on..

How many of you read the Quraan or did any Dawah...?????????????????

Curly   

^^^^

Actually, let me have a go at it, It's been a while...

Five pillars of Islam

1) Ashahaad (I Bear witness there is only one God, Allah and that Mohammed (saw) is his messenger)

2) 5 Prayers

3) Fast in Ramadan

4) Pay zakkah

5) Go hajj if possible

Six pillars of Imaan

To Believe in:

1) One god, Allah

2) All his prophets

3) All his Angels

4) All the 5 books – Quran, Torah, Injeel (Bible), Tablets, Scriptures (I’m not sure about these)

5) Judgement day

6)Fate