Sign in to follow this  
Xafsa

Girls a Question for you

loooooool at Somalis confusing what is with what is SHOULD BE. I love how quickly we mount the high horse :rolleyes: . *quickly asses the time it'll take to get a decent convo started about the Double Standards and at its actual practice. Sips her coffee compulsively, shaking her head.. Decides againts the whole thing* Silence is Golden smile.gif

Originally posted by chocolate & honey:

loooooool at
Somalis
confusing what is with what is SHOULD BE. I love how quickly we mount the high horse :rolleyes: .
*quickly asses the time it'll take to get a decent convo started about the Double Standards and at its actual practice. Sips her coffee compulsively, shaking her head.. Decides againts the whole thing*
Silence is Golden
smile.gif

When you say Somalis, are you reffering to people, or every Farax or Xalimo out there?

Ibtisam   

:eek: @ LAyzie.

I don't see what is so difficult to understand girls. You remaining a virgin is not a social obligation or for your husband or for anything else for that matter, it is because of Religion, why do you keep talking about double standard iyo sharaf and bullshid. You are all looking at this kinda upside down, it is irrelevant what the guy is at this point, it is as absurd as saying I will stay a virgin because Hebalaayo from down the road has made the same choice.

Okay if you decided to keep your virginity for any other reason than religion, then this is a different story, however if your reason is religion, you are really barking up the wrong tree by trying to police others. It is between them and Allah.

What is worrying is that someone of you seem to only keep it locked out of fear or what people or husband would say, rather than an obligation, even more worrying is that you do not see someone who has broken Allah's laws, a major sinner, as that, but rather term it experience, iyo this and that. Miyaad waalan tiihi miise I'm confused. This person is a criminal and until they repent, they will remain so, how can you almost glorify it? Abû Hurayrah, may Allâh be pleased with him, said that the Messenger of Allâh, may Allâh bless him and grant him peace, said, “A fornicator does not fornicate while a believer, a thief does not steal while a believer, and a man does not drink alcohol while a believer. When someone does that, the halter of Islâm slips from his neck. If he repents, Allâh returns to him.”

Would you marry someone who steals or drinks, the answer is no, so why would you consider and almost be proud of a guy who slept around and try to make it a positive attribution.

As for boys versus the girls, well the crime is the same, and in Islam the punishment is the same, so is it really relevant if other humans can tell if you have cheated and not a virgin? The warning is to both: “Do not go near to fornication. It is an indecent act, an evil way.” (17:32) “Those who do not call on another god together with Allâh and do not kill any person Allâh has made inviolate – except with a right – and do not fornicate. Anyone who does that will receive an evil punishment.” (25:68)

C&H: I had this discuss with Aaliya about this ayah before and I gave her some explanations, I tried to find the thread, but can’t find it. I will dig up the evidence for you if I can, but in short, the person is judged on their current state, so a former reformed fornicator does not have to pair up with another reformer, they make their repentance to Allah for their mistakes and are no longer in that category. The ayah is relevant to those who do not repent and remain in that life style.

the person is judged on their current state, so a former reformed fornicator does not have to pair up with another reformer, they make their repentance to Allah for their mistakes and are no longer in that category. The ayah is relevant to those who do not repent and remain in that life style.

Thanks for the clarification.

Cara dear, the mouth is free at last. icon_razz.gif

lol@Ibti, nothing to be shocked about eedo.

Waayo, I'm naturally curious and I wanted her to clear somethings up for me, after all gabadha was out in full force and wrapping all the faraxs in one pitta.The side dish with the pita being an order of

I HAVE never met a Somali guy who is a virgin

or

We were talking about how EVERY former playboy-married friend or cousin or a distant relative, ended up with VIRGINS, innocent little girls.

and at last with the special souce...

how the HELL did all these dudes who've been arround the block TOO many times ended up with virgins?

Therefore, you can not be all that shocked because I was not out of order.

Ps:I'm just an inquisitive observer.

Pss: I'm in agreement with you 110% ibti

Originally posted by *Ibtisam*:

I will dig up the evidence for you if I can, but in short, the person is judged on their current state, so a former reformed fornicator does not have to pair up with another reformer, they make their repentance to Allah for their mistakes and are no longer in that category. The ayah is relevant to those who do not repent and remain in that life style.

I'm curious to see of the evidence, because this line of thinking implies that one can go about sinning and as soon as they repent, then it's as if they haven't sinned at all.

Ibtisam   

Qalbi Adegy: IS that not the essence of forgiveness??

Also bare in mind the three conditions that validate repentance. So long as you fufil those three conditions necessary for sincere repentance, it is like you have not sinned at all. The mercy of Allah eh. Subxanallah. The hadith from the prophet: “One who repents of a sin is like a person who has not committed a sin”. Narrated by Ibn Majah.

Check out this talk

C&H Also in addition of that person being considered sin free, with regards to Ayah "The adulterer marries not but an adulteress or a Mushrikah and the adulteress none marries her except an adulterer or a Mushrik, most scholars believe that it is repealed with the following Ayah: {And marry those among you who are single, …}. [24:32] Imam Qurtubi said: ‘This is the view point of the majority of scholars’.

after all gabadha was out in full force and wrapping all the faraxs in one pitta.The side dish with the pita being an order of

Ina Adeero, I see you're allergic to my comments. Plz go back and re-read my comments. I said things like...I HAVE NEVER MET and every former playboy, a friend or a relative I MET..again notice the "I"? How is that wrapping all faraxs in one pita? Did I claim that EVERY FARAH was zaani? Stop taking cheap shots, it is really not attractive :rolleyes: .