Deeq A.

Somali embassy welcomes Mo Farah to Qatar

Deeq A.   

i've been watching this embassy with concern. first Coldoon, now Mo. their desperate eagerness to present our cultural and sports stars as part of their political games is pathetic. 

• Like 2

Tallaabo   
15 hours ago, Alpha Blondy said:

i've been watching this embassy with concern. first Coldoon, now Mo. their desperate eagerness to present our cultural and sports stars as part of their political games is pathetic. 

Who is the resident ambassador? I suspect he/she is from Somaliland.

Tallaabo   
22 hours ago, Tallaabo said:

Who is the resident ambassador? I suspect he/she is from Somaliland.

Now that I have watched the video, it seems the Somalia ambassador(most likely from the South) and his staff have gatecrashed the meeting between the Qataris and Mr. Mo Farah and unashamedly presented themselves as if they represent him and he represents them. It must have been very embarrassing for poor Mo. He should have told them in plain English that he represents Great Britain and not their Somalia.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Tallaabo said:

Now that I have watched the video, it seems the Somalia ambassador(most likely from the South) and his staff have gatecrashed the meeting between the Qataris and Mr. Mo Farah and unashamedly presented themselves as if they represent him and he represents them. It must have been very embarrassing for poor Mo. He should have told them in plain English that he represents Great Britain and not their Somalia.

low level behaviour. these people have no understanding of protocol. this is not diplomacy, its fan behaviour. 

• Like 2

Holac   

You guys are making many assumptions.  We don't know what prior arrangement the runner had with anyone. We don't even know if he personally knows the ambassador. We don't know if he was ok with the ambassador being there. He doesn't seem alarmed or embarrassed when the ambassador is speaking next to him. 

As Maakhiri said, he is a wealthy athlete and probably doesn't care who is there.