Sign in to follow this  
Kulmiye

Women and their status in Somaliland.

Saalixa   

^^

These bunch of kids post anything they "Think" of and want us to believe it or read.

Who cares what you think,,,Jamilah your so called "shiekh" is truelly funky lol

You posting that flag and showing your hate for S/land doesnt show your participation in this discussion and you typically wanted to change subjects and matters for something trivial in many people's eyes nor does it affect the state of sland or its people. Typically like th poster who has no grounds of discussion and i dont get what she was trying to prove other than hate.

Spreading hate is just waisted energy and thought i reckon.

Ibtisam   

I don't see the big deal. If you have an issue with Somaliland, or any other for that matter then you need to keep it to yourself. Better still don't open any thread that is related to it. Why do you feel the need to not only open the thread, but comment on it? I have seen this all over this forum, including the Somaliland national day thread. Why must you always comment on things? clearly Somaliland people do not care, whether you think it is a country or region or a village, nor whether you think highly of it or you think "it is truly ugly place" It is all personal opinion and based on jack shi*t.

If someone wants to post a polite discussion based thread, which is based on facts I doubt anyone has issues with it, but this constant ranting, digs and plain silliness is getting tiring and frankly annoying. You all need to live and let others live.

You are all big people. Somaliland is there, deal with it, and stop posting rubbish, instead maybe you should concentrate on getting the rest of Somalia a viable state.

cheers

Ibtisam   

All of it..

i read your "nevermind" after i posted. ~The truth is I did mind, and i deeply resent your comments :rolleyes:

since you have read my comments, i shall remove them simply because it leads to areas i do not want to head to...

Castro   

^ I didn't mean to offend. I find this particular Somaliland discussion tasteless and bigoted. And said so some days ago. I also find my involvement in it just as tasteless. I'll let you all enjoy your mud slinging.

And to be honest with you, I actually used that same line of yours elsewhere. The one about the viable state. Now the question I ask myself is why was it good enough for me and not for you?

As you were.

Ibtisam   

^ I didn't mean to offend. I find this whole Somaliland discussion tasteless. And I also find my involvement in it even more tasteless. I'll let you all enjoy your mud slinging.

And to be honest with you, I actually used that same line of yours elsewhere. The one about the viable state. Now the question I ask myself is why was it good enough for me and not for you?

As you were.

sounds like some soul searching is called for. In other threads you seemed unaffected and uninterested, hence my surprise before your “nevermindâ€. i have no desire to enjoy mudslining of any sorts! this topic is Exhausted And over discussed.

In any case Some people are simply too old to take sides... :D;)

Castro   

In any case Some people are simply too old to take sides...

Though I am certainly too old for rubbish topics like this one, there's no need to take sides atheer. I call it as I see it. And it's far from being as simple as: "you're either with us or against us". It's a lot more nuanced than that. Ma calayna.

Ibtisam   

Castor maybe you did not understand what i am shouting over here. I don't see an US and Them sitution. It is more complicated than that, Nor do i think is it a pressing issue. But that does nto mean that people can insult my eyes with rubbish posts such as this which are nothing more than provoCAtion. Balance needs to be maintained in all aspects.

I call it as I see it.

I don't think your first post was calling it as you saw it.

Ibtisam   

THIS I CAN DEAL WITH. contractive arguments for problems that exist.

Is Somaliland at the End of the Road?..A Letter From London

But what are these political hiccups? I am not sure there is a soul who identifies with Somaliland who will not acknowledge the spread of these perversities. They include endemic corruption; naked harassment of the media; complete absence of policy (meaningful or otherwise!); unprecedented mass addiction to khat and nicotine; political inertia that partly stems from miss-governance and leadership in absentia. In short Somaliland seems to be lost in grave darkness. Either the light is slowly but systematically being extinguished or a projected façade of determination is fast being uncovered. Either way, Somaliland’s case is crumbling from within.

Who is to blame for this disarray? Should we put the blame squarely on the desk of the current government whose preoccupation seems to be harassing the media and issuing baseless promises or should we skin the sadistic political dramatists who are undertaking laughable and sad charades to convince the public of that they are doing serious jobs? Or should we blame the mass addiction of Somalilanders to khat which seem to have reduced all and sundry to walking oblivious zombies whose only pre-occupation is getting the green twigs and dwelling in fantasy world? Or rather should we turn our fury to the political party leadership that is experimenting with leadership by email?

Irrespective of who is to blame, the State of Somaliland as we stand is in dire strait. Huge chunk of its territory is in foreign occupation and its resources squandered in broad day light; majority of her citizenry are seriously addicted to khat, caught in a web of corrupt ineffective governance and unending poverty. Her leadership is either conducting sadistic charades or engaged in meaningless debates. Her Diaspora is slowly fading both in terms of relevance and as source of alternative leadership. Her government is ruling in policy vacuum and seems to be content with its increasingly draconian tactics or wondering around the world in meaningless and at time suspect capital cities.

A casual look at all sectors reveal miss-governance by either commission or omission. Sixteen years on and we are yet to develop the required educational system that could have trained the acutely needed teachers, nurse, mechanics, accountants, legal technicians and what have you. Every single department is crying for capacity development, organizational restructuring and policy framework. Instead we have had subsequent administrations that seem preoccupied with politics rather than development; semblance rather than substance; numbers rather than quality; foreign matter rather than internal issues. We are yet to put basic administrative structure in large parts of the country; Tax system is anything but a system worth the name, the budgetary process looks like a presidential book-keeping and general economic and fiscal policies have remains in their primordial state.

The citizens are hungry for appropriate education, jobs, healthcare that seem to have been left till external support is gained.

source:

http://www.jamhuuriya.info/index.php?art_id=4293&categ=2&expand=2/&file=view_article.tp

Ibtishaam,

When did you become political apparatchik of Kingdom of heaven?

I feel I just woke up from deep coma (how long have I been sleeping?), someone please fill me in... what spawned Ibtishaam's dramatic, over night transformation from apolitical lass to raving jingoist. Waaba mucjiso farabadan!

By the way Ibtishaam, you don't lock horns with grande El Presidente Fidal Castro... you're risking sedition charges by the central committee of the people's revolutionary party, walking on a thin rope dear.

Ibtisam   

Originally posted by Socod_badne:

Ibtishaam,

When did you become political apparatchik of
Kingdom of heaven
?

I feel I just woke up from deep coma (how long have I been sleeping?), someone please fill me in... what spawned Ibtishaam's dramatic, over night transformation from apolitical lass to raving jingoist. Waaba mucjiso farabadan!

Just paying my respect to my Mother, and joining in with the party!

By the way Ibtishaam, you don't lock horns with grande El Presidente Fidal Castro... you're risking sedition charges by the central committee of the people's revolutionary party, walking on a thin rope dear.

I have no desire to lock horns with my atheer, I just felt the need to get few things cleared up. I think me and him are on the same ground for the moment :D so i will leave it there.

you just go back to bed! icon_razz.gif