Sign in to follow this  
Amina daughter of Nikatau

Reputation- Women!

Lately I've seen young girls walking around MC wearing the most revolting outfits. Don't these girls realize that down the track their repuation will come back to haunt them? The thing is when a man decideds to change his stripes his slate will be wiped clean. A women isnt so lucky. She'll forever be remebered as heblo so and so.

so, does a womans reputation/ past matter? Why or why not?

Ibtisam   

^^^LOOOL you want a picture miya??

Amina, times are changing, it does not matter what you are or what you were or what you become as long as you are content with it. Forget what everyone says, even when there is nothing to say, Somalis will make up stuff about you anyway.

If you was objecting because its bad for the deen or because it is harming their health, okay I can understand, but your objection is based on "oh what will people say?" I hate that bloody expression. Only weak people ever consider that! Please your lord and follow your dreams, people have their own problems.

your objection is based on "oh what will people say?" I hate that bloody expression. Only weak people ever consider that! Please your lord and follow your dreams, people have their own problems.

My sentiments exactly!

Aaliyyah   

Alhamdulilah you should do whatever you do for Allah swt alone and not to please another human being. But, Amina's point was that men can easily change themselves and people wouldn't care abt his past. However, at the end of the day sister Amina if a sister was bad and changed herself to a better sister and became more religious and became pious and devote and repented. Her Lord would forgive her and inshallah she would be rewarded immensely for her good deeds. Allah swt is merciful and forgives....qofkasta na ha ku duceesta khaatimo fiican, your last deeds is all that counts!!

so sister dnt worry abt those girls who r walking around in inappropriate outfits. Inshallah Allah will guide them....

If possible talk to them and see if you can correct them.

salaam

ADNAAN   

^^very well said yaa sabriay.

If those girls manage to change for the better than they I have earned their new reputation and most people will respect them for that. It is the change bit that is tough.

Personally I wouldn’t hold anything like that against a Somali sister so long she changes, and yes anybody can change.

It appears there are two different matters here, one is "does someone's reputation or past matter" and that really depends on the person who is choosing.

The other matter is does your reputation matter to you?...To me personally, I know people would say whatever they want and in the end it is between you and Allah what you truly did or did not do...On the other hand, I care about my public reputation because it effects my parents, this is their community and their culture and I can't disregard their public expectation of me. I would not want someone to approach my dad or mom and say negative things about me even if they are untrue so therefore I have to be conscious of my public representation.

People don't change much but to certain extent our tolerance levels have shifted.

bee bye SS

oz_girl   

The odd thing is when i didn't cover up i wasn't as judgemental. Now that i do i'm more so. I'm not religious.I'm re-learning my deen. Thankfully I come from an open- minded family and they've never forced a particular dress code on me. So i'm not concerned about my repuation. However i do feel sorry for those girl who come from a stricter upbringing. If i was in their siutation I don't think I would take the chance of ruining my reputation.If your repuation is all you've got then why risk destroying it?

I don't care what they wear but i do worry for their future.

its not what other people think about you its what is between you and Allah but if you are wearing trashy clothes then how can you respect yourself and how can other people respect you? people are gonna treat you like trash so if you want to be treated like a human then you have to maintain your modesty. its not being judgmental to treat someone like trash when they act like trash

NGONGE   

Man Raaqaba el naasa maata hamman...

ugly_dress.jpg

This is a shocking outfit! Won't anybody think of the poor girl's reputation?

Buuxo   

^At least she wasn't too matchymatchy,Leopard prints is fab choice tho.

Easier said than done,but we should focus on our characters than caring about what others think.