Sign in to follow this  
NGONGE

Liverpool is my home and I will come back

NGONGE   

^^ Been watching nothing else other than the news for the past week (SKY SPORTS NEWS that is). :D

New owners. The club is debt free. No interest payments to be made. Plenty of money to buy new players (from the club revenue alone). Happy days, mate, happy days. :D

NGONGE   

^^ Been watching his press conference on LFC TV. Hodgson sounds like a changed man. None of that "lowring expectations" nonesense. He's bullish and talking about winning (even mentioned top of the league for once). Heh.

N.O.R.F   

He needs to get his tactics right for once. Lucas should play instead of Merieles. Cole shouldnt play either.

4 5 1

nuune   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Hodgson sounds like a changed man. None of that "lowring expectations" nonesense. He's bullish and talking about winning (even mentioned top of the league for once). Heh.

:D and he reduced his giant head, or he stuffed himself with 5 jerseys, he looked overweight too but fit.

PS: For some reason, this new owners won't last a year!

NGONGE   

^^ War sug sug.. :D:D

Originally posted by N.O.R.F:

He needs to get his tactics right for once. Lucas should play instead of Merieles. Cole shouldnt play either.

4 5 1

You finally saw the light? This takeover is not only improving Hodgson's outlook ileen. :D

My job is half done. Next I'll have to convert piss taking Ayoub.

N.O.R.F   

Lucas should play not because he is a better player but we will need a headless chicken chasing and harrying and making tackles.

Mereiles cant be thrown into a derby just yet.

Oz   

Rafa said recently that everything changed when Purslow was appointed. And he also talked about the previous owners hiring Purslow with the purpose of cost cutting. He said 'everything changed.' that resulted to where the club is at.

NGONGE   

Rafael Benítez has launched a withering attack on Roy Hodgson, telling him to stop complaining about what he inherited from him at Liverpool and suggesting Hodgson does not fully understand the intricacies of life at Anfield.

Hodgson, who has suffered a difficult start to his tenure and the job of succeeding the popular Benítez, has aimed a series of recent barbs in the Spaniard's direction bemoaning the size of the rebuilding job that faced him, claiming the squad lacks quality in depth and features other "people's left-overs". He also tried to claim that he has got Kenny Dalglish truly back on board at the club, whereas the legendary former player and manager was marginalised under Benítez. This last claim has particularly irked his predecessor.

Benítez, whose Internazionale side face Tottenham Hotspur tomorrow night, hit back that some men, in other words Hodgson, "cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar", whereas most people could see the black-clad figure against the white backdrop.

"I feel that Mr Hodgson, he doesn't understand," Benítez said. "Every single press conference is worse than the last one. He's talking about things he doesn't know. He doesn't understand, maybe he has been in the job for not so long.

"Instead of talking about the flips and the flops, he has to concentrate on his players and do his best. He has a good [big] job to do. He signed nine players [in the summer]. I left that squad and with £10m net spending, I left that squad with £300m value. Thirteen internationals.

"So instead of talking about flips and flops, he has to concentrate on the job, try to do his best and not talk about the level of his players. Let the new players come in and concentrate, try to do their best, because it will be the best for the club and the best for the fans.

"We gave the fans the pride. Again. We fight for the fans, we fight for the club and we fight for our players. Maybe he cannot understand this."

It was Benítez who brought back Dalglish to Liverpool, in a role that incorporated ambassadorial duties and youth academy work. "I brought back Kenny Dalglish to do a role in the club," Benítez said. "Christian Purslow [then] gave to him another role. So he [Hodgson] doesn't know but I will explain to him."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/nov/01/rafael-benitez-roy-hodgson-liverpool/print

:D

N.O.R.F   

Read it first thing and it made me chuckle. Rafa has a point. Woy needs to stop the defeatist murmours and talk positive.

Classic statement though lol