Sign in to follow this  
Rain

Italian Serie A

Rain   

discuss Seria teams, matchs, players, news here.

since the top 4 teams have not been that much entertaining lately, people have been less interested in the serie a. but the real gem of this league are the likes of Palermo, Samdoria, Napoli, Genoa and so on. these are by far the most entertaining teams. I specially enjoy watching the pink warriors. :D

Oz   

I'm really not sure about the balance of Milan's team. They've got 3 forwards (4 if you count Robinho) who like to drift inside and don't defend. That means no width in attack and free reign for opposing full-backs to come forward and support the attack.

Adding Zlatan and Robinho gives them more options going forward but I don't think they have enough energy or athleticism in the team to support whichever 3 attackers they decide to use. I didn't see the game but I'm not surprised that a midfield of Pirlo, Ambrosini, and Gattuso was susceptible to quick counterattacks.

On a sidenote though, apparently the Japanese fullback Nagatomo has been excellent so far for Cesena in both their games, he impressed me at the World Cup too and who would have thought they would have got 4 points from their first 2 games.

Inter will win it again this season, even in spite of losing Mourinho, it is early days and i wont right the others off completely but things aren't too rosy already. Juventus's defence isnt too great on the evidence of the season so far. Futhermore im convinced Del Neri was appointed as a 'yes man' to Blanc the president, they should have gone out, been ambitious and got Spaletti or even Pellegrini.

Rain   

Milan are decent going forward, but they're terrible at tracking back, some are unwilling to track back and those that are, are too slow or old. Any team with a decent defense can destroy them on the counter as you've pointed out.

N.O.R.F   

Saw some of the Milan vs Lazio game. I think Calcio is making a comeback. Should be interesting this year. I still predict Rafa to fail at Inter.

Rain   

i really can't see who will challenge them seriously. I believed maybe milan, but there is no way, with that defense and midfield.

Muriidi   

i personally think that the italian and english league were taking football to a very mean and violent dimension .. one only had to mention the name "juventus" and people around you

(trainstation for example) would react with fear ..

where as the spanish or dutch(holland) league would

allow really good teams from austria to compete ..

football as an instrument of national political dominance ..

or football as a form of recreation and

a form of exploration of humanity

plus it's a great way to stay in shape ..

BOB   

Benitez lost the derby last night which was unheard of in Mourinho era but what disappointed me the most was how Inter were made to look second best in every department...he's really struggling and it will be a miracle if he lasts the season because to be honest I can't see Inter retaining the Serie A title by this rate.

Peace, Love & Unity.