Sign in to follow this  
Oz

ON PAPER! Which is the best team in the league in all positions?

NGONGE   

^^ Actually Palacios is out right now (for three weeks).

Bale was out for six weeks (he played 24 games).

VDV has been injured (on and off) since the start of the season. He played 19 games in the league this season.

Defoe has been injured for three months and played 14 games

Modric played 22

Lennon played 25

Dawson 14

Gomes 23

Gallas 20

Huddelstone 10

Ekotto 25

In fact, not one single player played all 28 games in the league so far. Now contrast this with Chelsea:

Cech, Cole and Maluda played 28 games. Drogba played 27. Essian, Ivanovic, Ramirez, Anelka, Kalu and Terry played between 21 and 25.

So you see, Spurs made use of more members of their squad and not even their keeper played in all their games. Whilst Chelsea played the same players over and over again and yet they're only three points ahead. So who has the best squad again baad tedhi? :D

Check out my figures here:

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Players/0,,12306,00.html

N.O.R.F   

^Sure you're not a Spud fan warya? :D

Think I will have to, begrudgingly, concede this one (don't get used to it though).

Disclaimer: If, in the near future, there is scope for changing the above stance, I reserve my right to withdraw my above concurance :D

N.O.R.F;701985 wrote:
Think I will have to, begrudgingly, concede this one (don't get used to it though).

why? seems like he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about regarding Chelsea. for instance when he says Drogba has played 28 times it doesn't paint the real picture. Chelsea have such a small squad they have no option but to play him. he couldn't even get a rest when he was diagnosed with malaria. he's probably been fit half the time. only when they bought Torres have they been able to rotate and rest.

Bosingwa, Mikel, Alex, Lampard, Benayoun, Zhirkov and Drogba have all been injured/ill for significant periods. that's 7 out of 16 available outfield players. at various points in the season Chelsea have had to fill the bench with kids that were never going to get a minute let alone contribute like a Jenas or Pavlychenko off the bench. and yet they're still above Spurs.

his point seems to be all over the place. one minute it's 'tottenham have a better squad' the next minute it's 'if tottenham didn't suffer as many injuries as they have they'd be higher'. well you can't have it both ways, pick one and stick to it.

NGONGE   

Ghostface;702122 wrote:
why? seems like he doesn't have a clue what he's talking about regarding Chelsea. for instance when he says Drogba has played 28 times it doesn't paint the real picture. Chelsea have such a small squad they have no option but to play him. he couldn't even get a rest when he was diagnosed with malaria. he's probably been fit half the time. only when they bought Torres have they been able to rotate and rest.

Bosingwa, Mikel, Alex, Lampard, Benayoun, Zhirkov and Drogba have all been injured/ill for significant periods. that's 7 out of 16 available outfield players. at various points in the season Chelsea have had to fill the bench with kids that were never going to get a minute let alone contribute like a Jenas or Pavlychenko off the bench. and yet they're still above Spurs.

his point seems to be all over the place. one minute it's 'tottenham have a better squad' the next minute it's 'if tottenham didn't suffer as many injuries as they have they'd be higher'. well you can't have it both ways, pick one and stick to it.

Nonsense. The argument is about who had the best squad. Even you concede that Spurs do, what else is there to argue about? :D

Norf, I have to keep an eye on Spurs because I have a slim hope that we may catch them, City and Chelsea (I said slim).