Sign in to follow this  
Oz

ON PAPER! Which is the best team in the league in all positions?

N.O.R.F   

Alonso is not 'holding' midfielder badowyahow. He was just a midfielder (in the traditional sense) and still is today. Masch did that job and Kadira is doing it today. Because Lucas can't do the same job and because in Alonso's absense we were never going to be keeping ball for any period of time, the system was changed and Rafa deployed 2 holding midfielders (Lucas and Masch) and settled for the counter attack. Only problem was he had Kuyt and Maxi running with the ball heh.

Saf al awal baaba ta og adigu ruwaayada maad naga daysid?

NGONGE   

^^ Alonso is a "midfielder" that spends most of his time playing infront of the back four for both Real and Spain. Wallahi waad iska hadasha. :D

Now I'm starting to think that FA badge of yours was stolen. :D

N.O.R.F   

is he the same type of player as Kadira and Masch? Maya dhe.

Stop being stubborn and admit you got it wrong because you didn't how important Alonso was at Anfield and you over estimated the team and management we had.

Somali Rafa ayaad tahay.

NGONGE   

^^ No he is not but he is being deployed as a defensive midfielder (just like them). And, no, I did not overestimate the team (I still believe they are good enough) or the management. Like I told you, you are fickle fan of football. Bahasha baro, saaxib. :D

Rafa is a great manager. But of course, you still know better than the Barca medical team, Wenger, Ancelloti and now, the owners of the current European Champions (the list gets longer by the day, ma is tedhi?). :D

NGONGE   

Seeing that Spurs are playing the mighty AC Milan tonight and that they are fifth in the PL table, I think a few here owe me an apology. :D

N.O.R.F   

^Seeing Chelsea are above Spurs in the league (and still in the hunt for the title) and pretty much qualified for the qtrs of the CL I would say your argument has been proven wrong :D

NGONGE   

^^ Almost every single player from their first team was injured at some point this season. Defoe, Huddelstone, Bale and Dawson were injured for three months or more. Others were out for at least two weeks (and sometimes more than once). But they still managed to stay in the hunt for fourth place and in the CL.

Chelsea on the other hand had less injuries and still struggled. War even United who are top would struggle if they had as many injuries as Spurs have had (in fact, I doubt any of the top four would do as well if they had as many injuries). Bahasha dhaawo dee.

NGONGE;701299 wrote:
Chelsea on the other hand had less injuries and still struggled.

thing is though, Chelsea have a smaller squad than Spurs. if you exclude the goalkeepers Chelsea started the season with just 16 adult players (excluding the kids here because they simply weren't ready and were all sent out on loan in January)

if Chelsea had as many injuries as Spurs they'd be midtable. interesting fact that not many people know - Spurs have the most international players in their squad of any club in the world. they should be a lot higher than 5th. funny that theyre behind a Chelsea team with a much smaller squad that imploded mid-season and had their worst run of form in 14 years! Spurs are a joke lol can't wait to see them embarrassed in the next round of the CL.

N.O.R.F   

NGONGE;701299 wrote:
^^ Almost every single player from their first team was injured at some point this season. Defoe, Huddelstone, Bale and Dawson were injured for three months or more. Others were out for at least two weeks (and sometimes more than once). But they still managed to stay in the hunt for fourth place and in the CL.

Chelsea on the other hand had less injuries and still struggled. War even United who are top would struggle if they had as many injuries as Spurs have had (in fact, I doubt any of the top four would do as well if they had as many injuries). Bahasha dhaawo dee.

Lampard, Alex and Benayoun have been out for most of the season (Alex and Bena are still out). Drogba has been suffering with malaria all season. Those four are WORLD CLASS (well maybe not Bena or Lampard anymore). Defoe and Huddlestone wouldn't get into the Chelsea 2nd team badowyahow. Spurs simply have alot of better than average players. When those better than average players are missing they struggle whereas Chelsea's lesser number of WORLD CLASS players have coped better. On top of that they now have the best striker in the world (with the right tactics). Quality not quantity ya Rafa.

N.O.R.F;701514 wrote:
Quality not quantity ya Rafa.

maybe but Chelsea shot themselves in the foot with that sort of thinking. just 16 adult players to start the season is crazy, that isn't even a full match day squad.

Oz   

Oz;18966 wrote:
^^^Lol

NG: When it comes to SQUAD as you mentioned then Citeh is better otherwise you are spot on right therrr.

PS: My point(Topic in hand)is Which team has the best starting 11? and my question still stands, do you think spurs has the best starting 11 than Chel$ki,ManU,Citeh or Arsenal?

Are we still debating about this ^^^^ or rumbling and mumbling.. :D thought we had a done deal on this issue :D

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;701514 wrote:
Lampard, Alex and Benayoun have been out for most of the season (Alex and Bena are still out). Drogba has been suffering with malaria all season. Those four are WORLD CLASS (well maybe not Bena or Lampard anymore). Defoe and Huddlestone wouldn't get into the Chelsea 2nd team badowyahow. Spurs simply have alot of better than average players. When those better than average players are missing they struggle whereas Chelsea's lesser number of WORLD CLASS players have coped better. On top of that they now have the best striker in the world (with the right tactics). Quality not quantity ya Rafa.

The argument was about who has the best squad. It clearly is Spurs, saaxib. With Chelsea, you mention FOUR players that were out and the team struggled. Spurs had more than fifteen players injured at various points of the season (many for large periods) and are still a few points behind Chelsea (and in the last eight of the CL). Marka, by any measure, whatever way you look at it and however you want to spin it, it is clearly obvious that I was right all along when I told you all that Spurs have the best squad in the league.

p.s.

The "quantity" of Spurs is matching your Chelsea's supposed "quality" stride for stride, adeer. Bahasha baro dee.

p.p.s

Oz, City have a collection of players that, on paper, should win the league hand down but it's a rubbish squad that is struggling to keep up. Watch them lose to United in the FA cup and struggle to stay in the CL places now.

N.O.R.F   

^Stop skewing reality dee. The Spurs players out for any length of time are who exactly? There is no point mentioning King as he is always out for long periods. Bale hasn't been out for long, Defoe has been out a few times but he hasn't been doing much anyway (until the wolves game). Kaboul who has impressed me has been out yes. Modric has been an ever present. Same with Lennon, Crouch, Dawson, Ekoto, Gallas, Corluka, VDV, Palacios. Dee bahasha naga daa. Huddleston out means Palacios playing heh.