Sign in to follow this  
Oz

ON PAPER! Which is the best team in the league in all positions?

Oz   

Ngonge, As for Tottenham whats the point of having strength in depth when not one of them is top class.

Drogba and Anelka are top class

Kalou and sturidge are on the same par as the Spurs strikers.

NGONGE   

^^ Nonesense. Kalu is not in Defoe's or Crouch's league. As for the point, these 'rubbish' players got them to fourth place last season. Now they have Van Der Vart, Sandro and Gallas to add to their strength.

Norf,

It's about the SQUAD, badow yaho. Redknap rotates them.

Err, what exactly does Sturridge score? And Pav actually gets more games in that Spurs side (not to mention that he's an established INTERNATIONAL with 15 goals in 37 games for Russia). Sturridge hardly played for City or Chelsea.

LOOK! Wenger agrees.

"They have brought William Gallas and Rafael van der Vaart and if you look at the number of players they have now you don’t even speak about David Bentley who they brought for £17 million.

"They have Robbie Keane, Nico Krancjar, Luka Modric, Van der Vaart, Roman Pavlyuchenko... they have the quantity. In central defence I don’t know but they must have six or seven central defenders so they have a big enough squad to deal with the physical demands."

Arsenal Official Site

But, like the Barca medical team, you are going to tell me that he does not what he's talking about. Shall I give you a quote from Anceloti? :D

War muranka jooji dee. You are always wrong.

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by Oz:

Ngonge, As for Tottenham whats the point of having strength in depth when not one of them is top class.

Usheeg saxib :D:D

Ngonge, how many times did Wenger say quantity (3 or 4?)and how many times did he say 'quality' (none)

ps you saw Spurs squad get spanked last night right?

Oz   

Those players need to show their wares on the European stage. Modric and vander vart would be the closest they have to "world class", but they need to show they both can do it on the biggest of stages.

But honestly they do NOT have any world class players. None of the Spurs squad members can fly the flag of such reputation without backing it up on the big stage. This season is a good time to start building such a reputation!

NGONGE   

Yes Norf, I watched it. Arsenal played Nasri, Rosicky, Wilshere and Denilson and Vela from the start (not to mention Eboue, Gibbs, the new defender and Dejouru). Spurs played lots of kids and only brought Keane & Lenon in the second half. Once they drew, Wenger panicked and brought on Chamakh and Arshavin and Clichy! Arsenal managed to win it in extra time with a weak spot kick (though the other two goals after that were alright).

P.S.

Wenger thinks they are quality (but keep clutching at straws). :D

Oz,

Only YOU (and Norf) would even try to argue that Van der vart and Modric are not world class. Those that understand football (Wenger, Anceloti, etc) disagree with you. Bahasha barta ya naas. :D

N.O.R.F   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Yes Norf, I watched it. Arsenal played Nasri, Rosicky, Wilshere and Denilson and Vela from the start (not to mention Eboue, Gibbs, the new defender and Dejouru). Spurs played lots of kids and only brought Keane & Lenon in the second half. Once they drew, Wenger panicked and brought on Chamakh and Arshavin and Clichy! Arsenal managed to win it in extra time with a weak spot kick (though the other two goals after that were alright).

You were saying something about clutching at straws? :D

Wenger and Ancalotti didn't say Spurs have a 'better' squad. Wax fahan!

ps I can't call you Titus anymore (see todays headlines) so will call you Frank Sinclair (the legendary Chelsea centre back) instead :D

N.O.R.F   

OK, I hope this clarifies things. I have put a * next to the 'better' players who are world class or bordering on world class. Chelsea wins hands down.

Originally posted by NGONGE:

This is the Chelsea squad:

1 Petr Cech *

2 Branislav Ivanovic *

3 Ashley Cole *

5 Michael Essien *

7 Ramires *

8 Frank Lampard *

10 Yossi Benayoun *

11 Didier Drogba *

12 Mikel *

15 Florent Malouda *

17 Jose Bosingwa *

18 Yuri Zhirkov *

19 Paulo Ferreira

20 Deco

21 Salomon Kalou *

22 Ross Turnbull

23 Daniel Sturridge *

26 John Terry *

33 Alex *

38 Patrick Van Aanholt

39 Nicolas Anelka *

40 Henrique Hilario

Sam Hutchinson

43 Jeffrey Bruma

44 Gael Kakuta (*)

45 Fabio Borini

46 Joshua McEachran

50 Jacob Mellis

50 Jan Sebeck

This is the Spurs squad:

1 Heurelho Gomes *

2 Alan Hutton

3 Gareth Bale *

4 Younes Kaboul

5 David Bentley

6 Tom Huddlestone

7 Aaron Lennon

8 Jermaine Jenas

9 Roman Pavlyuchenko

10 Robbie Keane

11 Rafael Van der Vaart *

12 Wilson Palacios

13 William Gallas

14 Luka Modric *

15 Peter Crouch

16 Kyle Naughton

17 Dos Santos Giovani

18 Jermain Defoe

19 Sebastien Bassong

20 Michael Dawson

21 Niko Kranjcar

22 Vedran Corluka

23 Carlo Cudicini *

24 Jamie O'Hara

26 Ledley King

27 Ben Alnwick

29 Jake Livermore

32 Benoit Assou-Ekotto

37 Stipe Pletikosa

39 Jonathan Woodgate

Bal hada maxaad oran?

Tuujiye   

Ngonge, sxb axsaan noofal ee bax iska fiirso the "J league".. kaas waxba kama naqaano badankeen oo ma ka doodi karno. EPL shaqo kuma lihid duqa..

A&T waa aragtay markuu is dhahay waxbaad taqaan oo uu Brazil iyo Dunga talaabo qaatay, wataa aragtay wixii ku dhacay. Waa ninkii na diiday oo dhahay Elano is better than Ronaldinho.. Waataan ugu jawaabnay in uu soo gato TV colour uuna dhigto guriga. Calaa'i kulixaal, A&T maanta TV colour ah baa u daaran oo cashar baa u socda.

Adiga axsaan intaa noo sameysid, saaxiib bax raadso luuq yar oo ku yaalo China town and go watch the J league adiga iyo badeecadaada hana nugu soo noqon adoo ka hadlaaya the new Lucas in Japan mr Zhong xi Ko...

Rain Saaxiiboo Wareer kaan quraan saar wax waa ka qaadi waaye...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

NGONGE   

I am arguing with two Chelsea fans and a man who thinks that Babel is a good player. Impossible to get any reasoned arguments from any. :D

Heh@Norf choice for 'world class'. War iga taga, ila guurmaan kubbad idin baryaay. :D

Oz   

^^^ :D:D

Agreed, Spurs certainly have a better squad than Newcastle United, West Ham United, Leeds United and Sheffield United.

This thread has been abused.

NGONGE   

^^ They played in the rain and Babel had his worst game EVER (doubt if Hodgson will pick him again). He knows it too. :D

No excuses for last nite .. We weren't good enough.. And I #failed personally .. Haven't lost faith, so I keep working..

less than 20 seconds ago via ÜberTwitter

P.S.

Lucas, Agger and the Greek guy played well when all around them were losing their heads.

Oz   

Prem teams in the CC

Teams through to the next round ;

Birmingham

Stoke

West Ham

Wolves

Arsenal

Newcastle

Villa

Man Utd

WBA