Sign in to follow this  
Oz

ON PAPER! Which is the best team in the league in all positions?

MZanzi   

Ngonge he's arguably the best SOL football analyst

banoonta barto nimanyoho...spurs, They are a small club but on paper have a squad just as Good as chelsea, man utd, Arsenal.

NGONGE   

Originally posted by N.O.R.F:

LoL

I knew that was your explaination dee. Ma waxaad is tidhi simplistic explainaition will do? Aar meesha ma A&T baad ku aragtaa?

Who replaces Defoe you ask? Well that would be Pavlychenko. Who replaces Drogba or Anelka? Erm Sturridge. Now is Pav better than Sturridge? How when Sturridge would walk into any Prem team?

Bale is out, who replaces him? Dos Santos? Malouda is out and will be replaced by either Zhirkov or Benayoun.

Who replaces Dawson? Alex would replace Terry.

I can only think Cudicini being better than Turnbull.

Aar bahasha baro.

Now you're on a wind up! :D

Yes, Pav is ten times the player that Sturridge is. One scores goals and one hardly ever gets a game (for Chelsea or City before that). Kubbada baro.

Defoe can be replaced by any one of the three strikers Spurs have (depending on the manager's choice). All four of them are miles better than Chelsea's subs (though not better than Drogba).

Bale can be replaced with Bentley (waa kow), Kranjcar (laba dheh), Modric (if Redknap feels like it) and Dos Santos or even Lenon.

Dawson would be replaced with Bassong (waa kow), Gallas (waa laba), Kaboul (waa sadix) or even King. That's without mentioning Woodgate and Corluka. War bahasha baro dee.

Originally posted by N.O.R.F:

ps Gael Kakuta is better than any spurs midfielder (including Vaart).

You just love to show yourself up as someone that follows football with his heart but does not understand a single thing about it. :D

Kakuta may have the potential to be better than all these people but he has not proven himself yet and therefore you are (as ever) talking utter twaddle. Bahasha baro.

Oz   

Mzanzi lets have your thoughts, Ngonge knows his wrong on spurs vs Chelsea.

Gibbs has apparently done his metatarsal in again.

Oz   

Originally posted by NGONGE:

Yes, Pav is ten times the player that Sturridge is. One scores goals and one hardly ever gets a game (for Chelsea or City before that). Kubbada baro.

Defoe can be replaced by any one of the three strikers Spurs have (depending on the manager's choice). All four of them are miles better than Chelsea's subs (though not better than Drogba).

Bale can be replaced with Bentley (waa kow), Kranjcar (laba dheh), Modric (if Redknap feels like it) and Dos Santos or even Lenon.

Dawson would be replaced with Bassong (waa kow), Gallas (waa laba), Kaboul (waa sadix) or even King. That's without mentioning Woodgate and Corluka. War bahasha baro dee.

awe0yh.jpg

Someone tell me his not serious!

Oz   

Originally posted by Oz:

^^^Lol

NG: When it comes to SQUAD as you mentioned then Citeh is better otherwise you are spot on right therrr.

PS: My point(Topic in hand)is Which team has the best starting 11? and my question still stands, do you think spurs has the best starting 11 than Chel$ki,ManU,Citeh or Arsenal?

Ngonge,Mzanzi,Norf,Tuujiye,AT&T,LOZ,Rain,Polanyi and of course our own sports section GURU a.k.a BOB

Which of the top 8 EPL first 11 teams has the depth in all positions than the other and why? Those who are injured cannot be included, judging by form week in week out.

PS: NG stick to the topic.

NGONGE   

^^ Don't be a coward, saaxib. I didn't see you telling Norf or Tuujiye to stick to the topic when they gave us their list of players. :D

As for the 'topic', I already agreed that Chelsea have the best eleven (but not by much to be honest).

Now I answered your question, can you seriously challange my comments above without any silly 'he's not serious' rubbish? Car ban ku edhi. icon_razz.gif

Rain   

Oz its easy sxb. Chelsea is miles ahead of everyone when it comes to the first 11, even if we discarded their current amazing form.

when it comes to their depth, they've more than enough to cover for their front and middle. Some might raise questions regarding their defense, mainly CBs and a sound 2nd keeper. as far as CBs, Ivanovic can be that crucial 3rd option, specially now that Bosingwa nears his return. don't know much about Bruma, but if he's average then they're covered. as for keepers, its never easy to keep a solid keeper in the bench as a second option.

Oz   

For me its a battle between Six clubs. Chelsea,Arsenal,ManCiteh,ManUnited,Liverpool and Spurs.

Goalkeeper

Chelsea (Cech, Turnbull, Hilario) - 8

United (Van Der Sar, Kuszczak, Amos) - 8

City (Given, Hart, Taylor) - 9

Arsenal (Almunia, Fabianski, Mannone, Szczesny) - 6

Liverpool (Reina, Cavalieri, Itandje, Hansen, Gulacsi, Bouzanis)- 9

Tottenham (Gomes, Cudicini, Alnwick) - 8

Chelsea has a relatively young and top goalkeeper in Cech, but two mediocre back-ups. United has a very good but ageing goalkeeper in Van Der Sar, a quality understudy in Kuszczak, and unknown youngster in Amos. City have two outstanding goalkeepers in Given and Hart, and an experienced veteran in Taylor. Arsenal have two average and inconsistent goalkeepers in Almunia and Fabianski, two relatively untested goalkeepers in their ranks. Liverpool have the ultra-reliable and consistent Reina, decent keepers in Cavalieri and Itandje, while the rest are unknown youngsters. Spurs have a very good goalkeeper in Gomes, a highly experienced veteran in Cudicini, and another decent keeper.

Defence

Chelsea (Terry, Ivanovic, Bosingwa, A.Cole, Ferreira, Alex, Mancienne, Bruma, Van Aanholt, Hutchinson) - 9

United (Vidic, Ferdinand, Evans, Smalling, Evra, Neville, Brown, Rafael, Fabio, De Laet, O'Shea)- 9

City (Richards, Bridge, Zabaleta, Kolarov, Boateng, Lescott, Toure, Logan, Vidal, Boyata, Cunningham) - 8

Arsenal (Sagna, Clichy, Vermaelen, Koscielny, Schilci,Djourou, Gibbs, Traore) - 8

Liverpool (Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Skrtel, Kyrgiakos, Aurelio, Wilson, Darby, Kelly, Irwin, Ayala, Robinson, Insua) - 8

Tottenham (Hutton, Bale, Kaboul, Naughton, Bassong, Dawson, Corluka, King, Walker, Assou-Ekotto, Woodgate) - 8

Chelsea have lost their best defender in Carvalho, but Alex should be a decent replacement. Terry and Ivanovic are good defenders, A.Cole is a world-class left back, while Ferreira is an above average back-up to call upon. United have arguably the best CB in the world in Vidic, an injury-prone but excellent when fit Ferdinand, highly talented youngsters in Evans, Rafael and Fabio, inexperienced Smalling, best left-back in Evra, past it Neville, good utility man in Brown and O'Shea, and untested De Laet.

City have two untested acquisitions in Kolarov and Boateng. The ordinary Bridge, Richards and Zabaleta are decent and good enough, while Lescott and Toure are mediocre. Arsenal have two top full-backs in Sagna and Clichy, Vermalen is young and superb, but the rest are all relatively untested or inexperienced. Arsenal are severely lacking in depth here.

Liverpool have a great RB in Johnson, past it Carragher, young and good CB in Agger, average players in Skrtel, Aurelio and Kyrgiakos, while the remaining bunch have only played a few first-team games among them. They are certainly well-stocked though. Spurs have the injury-prone Woodgate and King who are very good when fit, Bale, Corluka and Dawson are all quality while Hutton, Bassong, Assoue-Ekotto and Kaboul are average.

Midfield

Chelsea (Essien, Lampard, Benayoun, Mikel, Remires, Malouda, Zhirkov, Matic)- 9

United - (Fletcher, Scholes, Valencia, Nani, Carrick, Anderson, Park, Hargreaves, Giggs, Obertan, Gibson, Cleverley) 8

City (Silva, Kompany, De Jong, M.Johnson, Ireland, A.Johnson, SWP, Barry, Etuhu, Vieira, Weiss, Toure)- 8

Arsenal (Fabregas, Nasri, Diaby, Rosicky, Denilson, Ramsey, Wilshere, Song, Eboue) - 9

Liverpool - (Cole, Gerrard, Aquilani, Poulsen, Maxi, Lucas, Spearing, EL Zhar, Shelvey, Amoo, Plessis) 8

Tottenham (Bentley, Huddlestone, Lennon, Jenas, Palacios, Modric, Kranjcar, O'Hara, Rose, Sandro) - 8

Strikers

Chelsea (Drogba, Anelka, Sturridge, Di Santo, Kalou) - 8

United (Rooney, Berbatov, Hernandez, Owen, Macheda) - 8

City (Tevez, ballotelli, Adebayor, Caicedo, Jo) - 8

Arsenal (Van Persie, Arshavin, Chamakh, Vela, Bendtner) - 8

Liverpool (Torres, Kuyt, Babel, Jovanovic) - 7

Tottenham (Pavlyuchenko, Keane, Crouch, Dos Santos, Defoe)- 7

Total

Chelsea - 34/40

United - 33/40

City - 33/40

Arsenal - 31/40

Liverpool - 32/40

Tottenham - 31/40

NGONGE   

^^ I agree.

Oz,

So you are saying that the Chelsea SQUAD is the best now? Dee mar hore maxaad o odhan wayday intaad ila murmaysid iyo 'stick to the topic' laheed. :D

I disagree with your conclusions and refer you to my original replies on this thread. Drogba scored 37 goals for Chelsea last season. Anelka scored something like fifteen. Kalu and the others scored ten between them (I'm talking strikers). For Spurs, Defoe scored twenty four, Crouch thirteen, Keane nine and Pav ten.

N.O.R.F   

This just gets better and better :D:D

Yes, Pav is ten times the player that Sturridge is. One scores goals and one hardly ever gets a game (for Chelsea or City before that).

Pav doesn't play because of Defoa and Crouch. Sturridge doesn't get a game because of Drogba and Anelka (he scores when he does).

Erm, does Dawson play on his own saxib? :D Kaboul is crap, Gallas is past it and Ledley once in a blue moon King is never fit. Now put them against JT. Ivanovic and Alex. Badow min Shaariqa.

Stop the nonsense saxib :D