Sign in to follow this  
Oz

ON PAPER! Which is the best team in the league in all positions?

Oz   

For me its a toss up between Chelsea and Man city.

I'd say Chelsea just slightly edge it in there attacking options and midfield however Man city are solid overall and arsenal and tottenham may squeeze in too.

GK: Liverpool, no disputing that Reina is the best in the league for me followed by Hart.

DF: Chelsea get it for me, as they have the best LB in the world, covered by Zhirkov, who isn't too shabby himself. A load of good CB's for me in Terry, Bruma, Ivanovic and Alex. Also, a pair of brilliant RB's in Bosingwa and Ivanovic, I know I've used him twice, but he's equally able in either position.

MF: Chelsea and Arsenal edge out for me... Although Arsenal lack slightly on the right wing, they rarely play with wingers. City just have loads of good, but not spectacular, players in the midfield area.

ST: I think I'll give this to Chelsea, purely because of their cover.

Can you guess who I think will win the league?

What are your thoughts?

N.O.R.F   

Agreed. Chelsea it is as a team but the best players in their respective positions are

1 Reina

2 Bosingwa

3 Cole

4 Vidic

5 Rio

6 Essian

7 Valencia

8 Fabregas

9 Torres

10 Rooney

11 Nani

(whether or not they can actually play together is another matter)

Tuujiye   

Drogba is better than Torres and Rooney put to gether with soma of Nani lool qashin fooqul qashin!! Norf, war bax kubada soo baro!!! lol

1.Hart

2. Bosingwa

3. Cole

4. Kole .T

5. JT

6. Essien

7. Ashly Young

8. Maluoda!

9. Anilka

1o. Fabrigas

11. Drogba!

see yeelnaa hee?? Chelsea ayaa idinka wadato yaaqee!!! Rooney iyo Torres bee xasadnimo usoo galinaayaan meel eesan shaqo ku lahen lol...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Polanyi   

Ashley Younh: INALILAH! :D I am better than him.

As for the topic, Chelsea and Manutd have the best players and cover in all positions.

Tuujiye   

^^ Ashley Young waa ciyaartooy ee adiga maxaa taqaan aan ka aheen fadhi ku dirir? Bax horta cashar kasoo A&T asagaa wili loox sitee...lol..

Norf, we watched Drogba and Torres in action today, sxb do you really think Torres is better than Drogba? loool xaasidun wa xasadaa baa tahay!

Ps. today chelsea played with only two white guys lool lovely felt like I was watching an African team... to make it even better, they had only one British player (cole) looool

Wareer Badanaa!!!

N.O.R.F   

Torres has been injured and is just now showing what he can do. Drogba has been playing against Blackpool, West Brom, West Ham and Wigan lol

They are different players. One is a pure goal scorer and one does alot of work outside the box (what kind of 6 4 striker takes corners? LoL)

I would swap Nani for Malouda

Alternative 11

1 Hart

2 Wolves right back

3 Clichy

4 Samba

5 Arsenal French dude

6 Carl Henry

7 El Mahamady

8 Scholes

9 Dembele

10 Drogba

11 Bale

Polanyi   

Tujjiye, Ashley Young wouldn't get into most top clubs on the continent. When I say, I am better than him, I kid. But, truth be told, walahi, he is not that much better than me . He has an occasional good game. I consider him a decent player in an average team. That's as far as it goes. There are many players in that position you could have picked. Bale, for instance? War, i would even take Joe Cole or Walcott ahead off him. Don't even get me started on Anelka being on your list. icon_razz.gif Banoniga Baro, Abowe, nooh, dee. :D

Tuujiye   

^^ Horta muruqa carabka ha iska haleenin saaxiib...

I like Bale and I think this kid will be one of the best in feture.. Young is a Solid player who plays his possition well and he is very consistent day in and day out...

Anilka is one of the best top strikers in the world sxb and every commentator in the world says that.. His game has improved even better because he is not only a striker anymore...

Norf, U just hate Chelsea saaxiib lool... Did you forget how drogba played against you guys last year? or how he took out Arsenal? lool come on saaxiib don't hate man... He is the best striker in England today.. I agree with Nani over Malouda laakiin thats all laakiin who the hell is Carl Henry? lool war hada kabacdi adaanba kuugu yeeri doonaa Carl Henry! lol I can't believe you man...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Polanyi   

Well, that is where we have to disagree. Anelka is a very good player. But what he is not is one of the the best strikers in the world and I would say most commentators would agree with me. As for Ashley Young being consistent, have you been watching Villa over the past two years?

Oz   

Rain, that's more like it. but give us the thoughts you came to that conclusion.

Originally posted by N.O.R.F:

Agreed. Chelsea it is as a team but the best players in their respective positions are

1 Reina

2 Bosingwa

3 Cole

4 Vidic

5 Rio

6 Essian

7 Valencia

8 Fabregas

9 Torres

10 Rooney

11 Nani

Norf, Torres, rooney, Rio and bosingwa should not be in that line up. simply because they are not on form.

Tuujiye, you picked Ashley young over Adam johnson of Man citeh? :D

For the record I think that anyone from Utd, chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Citeh, Villa, Liverpool and Everton are capable of mounting a title challenge. This of course depends on a number of things and for the likes of chelsea and utd they'd be most likely to win.

Anyone can have a bad season (see liverpool last year) and anyone can have a good year (blackburn in the 90's).

The likes of Everton and Villa would mount a serious challenge if their squads were deeper. Citeh can mount a challenge if their squad gels in a reasonably short time. Spurs can challenge if we can kill off the 'weaker' sides and get over a psycological barrier when it comes upto matches against the 'big 4' away from home.

Liverpool will challenge if they find that balance in the squad they've been missing and depth in key areas.

Arsenal will challenge if they can sort out the keeper situation and manage to kill off games.

Utd will challenge as always despite looking like they are in decline, they always manage to pull it together.

Chelsea will challenge if they can keep the likes of terry and drogba fit and bring through some of their younger players.

At this stage before a ball is kicked in anger I would sayany one of those 8 could win the league and it'd be ****** to write anyone of them off now.

NGONGE   

I can't bring myself to write a serious reply when Norf puts Torres ahead of Drogba and Tuujiye puts Kolo Tore and Young in the best team. :D

The only thing I would say (and I expect the amateures here to get heart attacks) is that Spurs have the best squad in the league.

Oz   

^^^ Your not serious! Spurs ahead of Chel$ki, Arsenal and Citeh?

PS: I blame Van der vart. :D:D

NGONGE   

^^ Have you seen the Spurs squad? :D

In attack:

Chelsea have Drogba & Anelka, the rest are ok players.

Arsenal have Chamakh and Van Wan Jabay, the rest are ok players.

City have Tevez and Adibayor, the rest never get a game. :D

Liverpool have Torres and Ngog (who is improving but is not in the same class of any of the above).

United have Berbatov and Rooney (the rest are not even proven yet).

Now Spurs, they have Crouch, Pavlachinko, Defoe and Keane (plus Van Der Vart who can play as a striker). They are different from all the above because they keep rotating them (so all these strikers get a game and are match fit).

In midfield, Spurs can compare to any of their rivals with two players for every position.

In defence (with the addition of Gallas) they also have two players for every position.

Marka what is your argument, saaxib?