Che -Guevara

Ethiopian MPs' boycott over ethnic unrest

galbeedi   

We Somalis should not be fools. 

Oromodan la inagu soo jeediyey waa in aynu iska jeedinaa oo Axmaarda iyo Tigreega ku jeedinaa.

Imisa jeer ayaa la in khiyaamaynayaa. Waar ma dadkii aanu deriska wanaagsan la ahayn 40 sano ayaa tigreegu cadow in nooga dhigay.

These Ormo were our neighbors for forty years without incident. We should not allow the Tigree to direct them against us. Period.

The depressing news from Ethiopia got me thinking. We have had 50 years of self rule, and not a single viable African state has emerged.

Not a single successful economy anywhere across the continent been witnessed.

What ails the continent ? Do we have unfix-able flaws.

Are we a failed branch of the human tree.

Should we stop procreating and terminate ourselves given our dismal track record.

I'm serious.

Holac   

The Ethiopian government has been systematically instigating conflict between and within nations in Ethiopia to divert the attention of the stakeholders from its failing rule for the last two years. Although, the Ethiopian government has continually employed divide-and-rule tactics across the country by systematically instigating and promoting civil war among the nations; such war is specifically orchestrated between the Ogaden Somali and the Oromo nations, under the stage management of both Federal government security apparatus, and agents of both regional states. Such Machiavellian policies of the ruling regime and its regional collaborators has costed both communities, countless lives, and it is affecting not only Oromo people and Somali people in Ethiopia, but also spreading across borders in the Horn of Africa, from Djibouti to Somalia and Kenya. Today, the situation is rapidly deteriorating as hundreds of civilians are massacred. Left unaddressed, the conflict will undoubtedly lead the two fraternal communities to a horrific civil war. Furthermore, if the Ethiopian regime is left to succeed, such a war inevitably will cost millions of lives with dire consequences for both communities and the communities of wider Horn of Africa.

ONLF and OLF Holds the Ethiopian government and its ruling Coalition Parties as solely responsible for the mass killings of Oromo and Somali peoples

I agree with Galbeedi. The Oromos and Somalis should not allow the Tigray regime and its Amhara opposition to use them as proxies in the fight for control

of Ethiopia. They should NOT be allowed to sow discord and hatred within the Somali and Oromo peoples.

Illey is shortsighted if he falls for such an obvious Machiavellian tactic of the Tigray regime. 

• Like 1

Galbeedi,

It is clear the Woyanes are instigating this. Any regime who little or no legitimacy will do everything it can to prolong its existence. That said, the Somalis that are being murdered live deep inside Oromo where no Somali forces operate. If the Oromo leadership was seriously about brotherly coexistence, they would haven't allowed the massacre of Somalis inside police stations.

They are systemically  killing and cleansing Somalis. Just imagine people of Hargeisa and Bosaso lynching Oromo in the streets? The authorities there will be obligated to protect or the very least, give them a passage to their regions. Somalis in Oromia are not even being given the opportunity to leave in peace.

We need to stop being naïve. The Oromo, Tigray or any other nationality will have no problem killing Somalis.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2017 at 3:19 PM, YoniZ said:

Old Observer,  sxb thanks for the enlightening intervention at this important topic.

I am anxious to know about your take on, why the Somali region is allowed to build formidable security sector in the past decade?

Gelbeedi and the Co. should step a little bit back, and stop feeding us kacaan style fadhikudirir :)

Thank you YoniZ,

The way federalism is supposed to work is:

1. If you do not want the federal government or others in the federal system to play in your house, then you need to play in all aspects of your house. You want your own education then do everything to make it your own. You want to have your own government at every level then make your own.

2. If you do not want to have 50,000 soldiers from other nationalities and cultures all young roaming your state then take responsibility of security of your region. If every region takes care of its area then the federals would have nothing to do and no reason to be there. The border becomes small problem and small force will do.

If you have followed the current situation in Oromia region, I heard one of their officials complaining that the federal services came without being called by Oromia. What he missed was that the deaths were caused either by tacit encouragement or by lack of capacity by the Oromo, therefore the federals have to go there.

The influence and status of the Somali in Ethiopia is a lot higher than any other time. Before of course was forgotten and later just another region, but now the Somali is seen as someone capable of governing, developing in areas critical for survival, implementing projects and succeeding, managing security not only his own, but helping others too.

So much so, that Oromo and Amhara diaspora were making fake news that the Somali Liyu was in Gonder to bring order and peace to the area last year.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Tillamook said:

I agree with Galbeedi. The Oromos and Somalis should not allow the Tigray regime and its Amhara opposition to use them as proxies in the fight for control

of Ethiopia. They should NOT be allowed to sow discord and hatred within the Somali and Oromo peoples.

Illey is shortsighted if he falls for such an obvious Machiavellian tactic of the Tigray regime. 

Tillamook,

I cannot accuse you of being disingenuous, for it can be quite innocent view.

Are some of you telling me that, no people are capable of doing these cruelties either to each other or to others be it in Somalia, Ethiopia, Kenya and in Europe as well. Lets not repeat some saying because it sounds good at the moment. What does the Somali had to do with what happens in Oromia, What does the Amhara or Tigray had to do with what happened in Mogadishu.

This culture of blaming others who have no role or small role to play is simply avoiding the obvious. Every people on earth are capable of being good and or being bad and cruel to others and sometimes to each other. That is a fact.

The main and most important role for Illey is keep his region orderly, be prepared to act when situation calls by himself or in conjunction with others again to preserve his region. This is the time when blaming others on facebook or twitter will not help save lives and maintain order on the ground.

Otherwise why are we born in this horn of Africa where every one wants. British, Italians, Americans, Russians, Chinese, Ottomans and even small time players Egypt, Saudi, UAE, Qatar...hard to believe even colonies of colonies want to have a say and piece of this region.

We are there, therefore we do the best we can each time, of what is best for the people, the human being and not the hills and mountains as border of this or that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, galbeedi said:

We Somalis should not be fools. 

Oromodan la inagu soo jeediyey waa in aynu iska jeedinaa oo Axmaarda iyo Tigreega ku jeedinaa.

Imisa jeer ayaa la in khiyaamaynayaa. Waar ma dadkii aanu deriska wanaagsan la ahayn 40 sano ayaa tigreegu cadow in nooga dhigay.

These Ormo were our neighbors for forty years without incident. We should not allow the Tigree to direct them against us. Period.

Sax, Soomaali Aboow are our brothers and sisters sida magaca dhigaayaba.

's

8 hours ago, Old_Observer said:

Tillamook,

I cannot accuse you of being disingenuous, for it can be quite innocent view.

Are some of you telling me that, no people are capable of doing these cruelties either to each other or to others be it in Somalia, Ethiopia, Kenya and in Europe as well. Lets not repeat some saying because it sounds good at the moment. What does the Somali had to do with what happens in Oromia, What does the Amhara or Tigray had to do with what happened in Mogadishu.

This culture of blaming others who have no role or small role to play is simply avoiding the obvious. Every people on earth are capable of being good and or being bad and cruel to others and sometimes to each other. That is a fact.

The main and most important role for Illey is keep his region orderly, be prepared to act when situation calls by himself or in conjunction with others again to preserve his region. This is the time when blaming others on facebook or twitter will not help save lives and maintain order on the ground.

Otherwise why are we born in this horn of Africa where every one wants. British, Italians, Americans, Russians, Chinese, Ottomans and even small time players Egypt, Saudi, UAE, Qatar...hard to believe even colonies of colonies want to have a say and piece of this region.

We are there, therefore we do the best we can each time, of what is best for the people, the human being and not the hills and mountains as border of this or that.

Forgive me Observer,  but I can hardly make head or tail of your reply; and it’s a strange and striking thing that you even bring up Mogadishu in this context.

I don't know whether you speak or understand Af Soomaali( for your appear to me a non-Somali), but there is a saying in our language that goes: "Lafo maroodi waa la isku jabiyaa" and that's precisely the strategem the Tigray and Amhara have opted to deploy,  vis-à-vis the Somalis and Oromos, in their machinations for political dominance in Ethiopia.

It's unfortunate that the leaders of the Oromos and Somalis are falling for it, risking genocidal violence upon their respective communities, which can only get worse unless these leaders come to their senses, soon.

Tillamook,

My apology for not making my point clear.

In my humble opinion, It is not in the interest of the Somali at this particular time to break the Elephant.

Even if I completely agree with you that these two neighborly and brotherly people should not be quarreling, let alone killing, but in the interest of truth, for so many reasons some historical, some current there has never been a good working together between organizations from the two peoples. Remember that SPDP is now closer to Tigray than to Oromo, ONLF was closer to Tigray than to OLF, WSLF and SDL were always closer to Tigray than OLF or OPDO. This does not have much to do with government power, since both Somali and Tigray was not in Derg or King's time. I don't know what the reason is, but the reality is never worked together, except here and there some statements and alliances that seem to be more forced by Eritrea than with conviction and trust to achieve together for the people.  

As per the killings, at this point, only the federal army and police need to be deployed (to be practical) since the regional police have been part of the blame. Not only the regional police, but the Oromo are accusing the Liyu forces too. True or not the propaganda with disregard and disrespect of human life, so many innocent ones at that, has been transformed and gone out of control of the Oromo. It has become quite clear even to the Oromo regional government. Let alone the facts on the ground even the optics (which is very important for politicians) of it has become abundantly clear.

Holac   

Image result for Debretsion Gebremichael

Who is Debretsion Gebremichael, the new boss of the TPLF? Is he a guy who can save Ethiopia from collapse?

On 12/22/2017 at 12:28 AM, anoo kale said:

The depressing news from Ethiopia got me thinking. We have had 50 years of self rule, and not a single viable African state has emerged.

Not a single successful economy anywhere across the continent been witnessed.

What ails the continent ? Do we have unfix-able flaws.

Yes. Since we are at the bottom of the chain, It is not only the big empires that influence and order us, but the middle and lower wannabe locality empires too.

Human history is that the one who reaches apex of development or power first suppresses all the rest from becoming competitors. You can see South Africa heading into catastrophic failure. There is too many countries that want it to fail and Black South Africa is helping the process.

Are we a failed branch of the human tree.

I would not go that far, but I have nothing to show the contrary.

Should we stop procreating and terminate ourselves given our dismal track record.

Not that far, but the population explosion is the biggest problem in Ethiopia for example. Ethopia surpassed Kenya in volume of economy, but per person Ethiopia is miles away from Kenya. Ethiopian government tried some experiment of voluntary limits after 2-3 children per mother, but the opposition started accusing the government, the religious establishment as well did not tolerate it and is abandoned.

Unless Ethiopia controls the birth rate, it will always remain poor, unstable and lowest of the low no matter what they do with the economy. You literally have to open one textile factory every single day to employ new work force.

I'm serious.

5 hours ago, Holac said:

Image result for Debretsion Gebremichael

Who is Debretsion Gebremichael, the new boss of the TPLF? Is he a guy who can save Ethiopia from collapse?

He is most experienced and knowledgeable with Technology, security and finance. I have heard an interview him and 2 other fellow fighters did some years ago. Even during the fighting against Derg Previous government, he was known for his technological savieness.

He is well respected among fellow ministers, more quite is what even some opposition media is writing.

1 hour ago, Old_Observer said:

The population explosion is the biggest problem in Ethiopia for example. Ethopia surpassed Kenya in volume of economy, but per person Ethiopia is miles away from Kenya. Ethiopian government tried some experiment of voluntary limits after 2-3 children per mother, but the opposition started accusing the government, the religious establishment as well did not tolerate it and is abandoned.

Unless Ethiopia controls the birth rate, it will always remain poor, unstable and lowest of the low no matter what they do with the economy. You literally have to open one textile factory every single day to employ new work force.

I absolutely agree with you on the population threat. Africa is headed for scary territory given current population growth rates, rabi sahal. I'm tired of seeing starving black kids on t.v, we have become the face of suffering worldwide, witness the migration crisis in Europe and slavery in Libya. Africa has too many people, a population crash of epic proportions is bound to happen I'm afraid. Most of these countries are sustained by food imports, they can't even feed themselves let alone export to earn foreign exchange. It doesn't help that Africans and Muslims are the most pro-natal cultures. We are literally whistling past our graveyards. Gloomy future awaits.

Which ethnic/religious groups have the highest fertility in Ethiopia?

My guess is the Somali, Oromo, and other Cushitic groups are mainly the ones having too many children, while the Habeshas: Amharas, Tigrays, and other Semitic groups have lower fertility rates. Correct ?

Similarly, Muslims are outpacing Christians in child birth. Yes ?