Sign in to follow this  
Haatu

Champions League 10/11

Oz   

^^^ LOL... Zu another season without a trophy :D :D... The liverpool team that played Citeh in the first half was scary. The were quick, acurate and the mobiity and technical side was Awesome to watch.

Mancester were far clinical/ Hungry than Chelsea were. Ancelloti made the same mistake twice in both leg. keeping torres was the problem in my opininon.

NGONGE   

Legend of Zu;711635 wrote:
They are in mourning state....
:D

NG,

I think they put too much pressure on him, Also I feel some resentment from the Chelsea primadonnas. they are kinda of siding with Drogba and not welcoming him enough to make him feel that he is part of the team. besides, Chelsea bought him without too much thought on how he is going to fit in the team.

you can see he is trying but things are not going for him and certainly Anceloti is no Wenger! (a coach who supports his players no matter what and he hates the pressure as well) Torres would have been a great fit for Arsenal I tell you...

Cheers

Torres would have been a monster for Arsenal, Spurs or even United. Chelsea's problem this season (Drogba or not) has been their slow build up play. Lampard is no Ballack and Essian, Ramirez and (particularly) Maluda always slow the pace of the game down. It is the same problem that Arsenal have when Van Persie is not playing (quick passing from the back but the pace dies the minute it passes the centre circle). Liverpool (under Rafa and occassionally when Hodgson saw the light) always tried to have a quick transition between defence and attack (Manchester United do it perfectly). Chelsea on the other hand give the ball to bloody Maluda who kills the game dead by holding and then passing back or crossing quickly in the hope that Torres (or Drogba) will do something magical whilst surrounded by four defenders. Torres will come good for Chelsea but they truly need someone in the middle that has the ability to to play quick passes that stretch the pitch and create space for his team mates BEFORE the opposition have time to regroup, Ballack did it well last season.

p.s.

Hope Chelsea don't go for Rafa next. Heh.

N.O.R.F   

they truly need someone in the middle that has the ability to to play quick passes that stretch the pitch and create space for his team mates BEFORE the opposition have time to regroup

erm, someone like Alonso? :D

Tuujiye   

50 million ee qasaarsheen walaahi... Cunugaan bajaqa eh oo qoorta dheer leh markee noo keenayeen, ma garan waayeen in ee noo dhisaan midfieldka? Ganso, Neymar iyo Lakuka ayee ku heli kareen 70m shiiidh...

I think Carlos will be fired and Guus hiddik will make his return this time and for good after 2012..

We need to rebuild this team and take out everyone in the midfield aan ka aheen saaxiibkee Essien.... waxa kale dhan waa qashin specially Malouda and Lampard they have past it...

Torres is useless with out a play maker but I personally wish that we got luiz Suarez than him walaahi I'm not a fan of Torres.. We have no attacking force and midfield but hopefully this will all change next season after we buy some top class players looool..... is time to use some money lol...

NORF abti Chelsea sanadkaan tacbaan ee ku bilowday laakiin I'm glad now because we will have some fresh young talent who will replace odayaashaan dhamaadka ah and we won't end up like AC Millan looool...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

N.O.R.F   

^You can't spend that much more saxib. UEFA fair play rules come into effect :D

I did say Chelsea will be too old but didn't think they would crash and burn just like that (thought they would be OK if Essien was fit all season). Anyway, Chelsea has come and gone. Next season it will be back to the Scousers challenging (I hope we don't qualify for Ueropa League).

BOB   

I'm glad that Messi has finally decided to kill off this weak argument of who's better between him and Ronaldo! Mourinho is coward and he got what he deserved...in case you've forgotten about he had a £ 100 Million worth of talent on the bench in Benzema and Kaka and opted to play Pepe in midfield...I could understand if you're defending some sort of lead but at HOME and in the first leg?:o

He has the nerve to take a weak shot at Wenger...at least Arsenal were never humiliated twice in one season and yet ONLY Kaka is more expensive (£65 Million)than the entire Arsenal team never.:D

Peace, Love & Unity.

NGONGE   

^^ Jose's game plan worked out perfectly and his team was the one more likely to score before the sending off. If it were not only for lack of composure or making the right pass. Barca on the other hand did not do much of note until AFTER the sending off. As for playing for a clean sheet at home in a two-legged semi-final, bal ka fakkar waxaan aad qortay, saaxib! Heh. :D

Norf, Alonso is great but he's no Xavi. Chelsea need the latter more than the former.

p.s.

A Madrid v United final would have been more competitive than a Barca v United one.

BOB   

That is why I don't believe in defensive tactics, Barca were there for the taking tonight I thought but not with the kind of tactics Mourinho deployed!!!

Are you sure you were watching the same game NGONGE? Real were playing for a draw and if you watch the highlights again you'd realise that over all Barca actually created more scoring opportunities than Real who were happy to sit back and counter Barca but how are you going to launch a counter with so many defensive minded players on the field who couldn't spot a pass for more than 10 metres?

Real stopped beating Barca the day they stopped attacking them, I remember watching far inferior Real team beating a fairly good Barca side ocer the years but lately Real seem to have given up the ghost simply because of hiring one negative manager after another.

Are you tealling me Real wouldn't have done better than they did tonight with Kaka, Benzema or Higuain and Ozil on the pitch all at the same time? what was the point of having Pepe in midfield really? What was the point of Diarra? I would've played Alonso as holding midfielder, started with Benzema and play Ozil and Kaka in a 4-3-3 system...Ronlado-Benzema-Di Maria....Ozil-Alonso-Kaka and would've gone for an early goal...if it works great but if it didn't you can always change but I thought he made a huge mistake by playing Diarra and Pepe...that's my armchair opinion.

Peace, Love & Unity.

NGONGE   

^^ The last time Jose tried that against Barca he lost by five goals. On ther other hand, the last time he played with "defensive" tactics, he drew with them once and beat them once (not to mention his exploits with Inter). Plus, Pepe in the middle works (worked).

Barca is a team that keeps the ball and even Arsenal (another team that keeps the ball) struggled to beat them. The only way to beat them is to rough them up in the middle and have a very solid defensive game (as Real did). Counter attacking them in the meantime would also work (which Real tried to do but failed).

I have watched the game and thought that Barca played like they usually do but that Real were the more threatening of the two (if only Ronaldo made use of all those free kicks). I also agree with Jose's strategy (though I concede that it is not pretty). At any rate, no team gave that Barca midfield as much trouble as Madrid did in the last three games. As for Kaka and Benzema, I don't think this was the game for either of them (they are not as selfless as the guys who were on the field).

BOB   

Honestly speaking Pepe and Diarra are the last two players on earth that I would rely on because everybody knows they're both way too aggressive and always give up silly and unneccessary fouls...Arsenal beat them (Remember the 2-1 at the Emirates) by attacking them with speed...Barca can't handle speed which the Real offensive players have in abundance and Mourinho should've taken advantage of that...Dani Alves got booked in the first half because he couldn't contain Di Maria....why not target his side? because I believe it would've been a matter of time before he got sent off but guess what? he got Pepe sent off...surprise?

I don't believe one bit that Barca were really giving their all in their previous meeting in La Liga at Madrid which was fairly understandable and Mourinho is silly if he thought his tactics stopped Barca in that 1-1 draw and in the Copa Del Rey he got his tactics spot on but Barca are not stubidh not to learn their lessons which they did..all I'm saying is I'd rather go out knowing I've give my absolute best rather than getting knocked out thinking would might have happened had I given a real go at it...like I said I hate defensive tactics and I am always happy to see the teams who deploy such negative tactics loose...except when Inter beat Barca of course.:D

Inter last won Champs league trophy in 65...so you can understand why I was so delighted for my team.:D

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

You're not a friend of mine or all the Liverpool lads and of course football...:D

Peace, Love & Unity.

The Zack   

I overheard two Somali guys at a local cafe arguing about who is going to win this game. One was saying it will be 3:0 for barca, the other was saying it will be 5:0 for barca.

Not a friend of Football? that doesnt make sense lakini mjomba. :)

I am seriously tired of every TD&H suddenly writing off another team with out even looking at the formation, line up and strategy. Every game is different. Every coach will adjust to every other opponent. There is ways to handle Barcelona...and a smart savvy coach will adjust and re adjust. Man United can hold barcelona at bay.

Now, Is Barca the better team? Yes,are they beatable like any other team? absolutely. Do i think Manchester Uted can win this one? Possible. Anything is possible in Football. There is no certainty that Barca can walk over a proffessional team. Unless of course,the officials give it to them like they did that last time them and Real Madrid played.

PS,I am not a Manchester United Fan.