Sign in to follow this  
Haatu

Champions League 10/11

Tuujiye   

For me the most worrying thing now is seeing Almunia in goal for the rest of the season...Season Over!

hahahahahahhaha BoB I know what you mean saaxiib.. nin aalkolo cabaayo before the game ayaad gashan doontaan in net soon and Wanger likes him lool.. I can't wait to see in in net vs Man U lool...

Barca will not go to the semis... They are fancy with no back defense.. Everyone should watch what Inter has done to them because they didn't change the style. I don't know why Arsenal didn't do that but I guess the Gooners can only play in one style. Barca attacked the right side all day to get the middle open because they knew Wanger would get his boys to sit in the middle like ducks and created so many chances for Messi and Xavi.

Man U is next to go and Real Madrid... This is the year for us I could feel it runtii....

Wareer Badanaa!!!

The Zack   

Tuujiye,

Barcelona is going to play Chlesea/Copenhagen next, probably Chelsea sine they have two away goals. Chelsea waa loo yaabaa sxb, soo ducee LOL.

Oz   

Not much interest here....are we still in this competition? :D :D Looking at the Spuds fans, you'd think they'd made it to the final already! :D

Am enjoying watching the Europa League than the Champions league. The Europa League sure does throw up a few surprises, I thought Twente vs Zenit would be close but Twente from the sounds of things outplayed them and got a decisive 3-0 win, not writing Zenit off but it will take a lot to come back from that on their home patch, all Twente need to do in Russia is score and it is game over as i cant see Zenit scoring 5.

Villarreal surprised me too with a well earned win against Leverkusen away from home, Nilmar and Rossi look a good partnership.

Porto got an excellent win away at CSKA Moscow, it should be enough for them to progress imo as Russian teams dont tend to travel well

Braga vs Liverpool is touch and go and it could go either way, though Liverpool will go into the game fearing the away goal, i have a feeling Liverpool could go out on away goals here even though they are favorites.

Kiev are favorites to progress against City, i wonder if Mancini in the second leg will put out a lesser side and concentrate on securing Champions League football and prioritising the FA Cup over the Europa League, like the Twente vs Zenit game all Kiev need is an away goal and it is as good as done.

Benfica will just get through against PSG, Spartak should get through against Ajax,Rangers vs PSV could go either way, but im just gonna back PSV to progress on away goals.

That's just me being me.

Oz   

Last 8 of the Europa League, Man City, Liverpool and Rangers all perished,:D :D no British involvement in the latter stages of the competition.

FC Porto

Villarreal

Benfica

PSV

Spartak/Twente

Twente/Spartak

Braga

Dinamo Kiev

Looking good that the Portuguese are going to take 6th spot in the UEFA Co-efficents and take back the 3rd Champions League spot that they lost to the Russian league in 2008, with Shakhtar having got through to the Quarter finals it was essential that they got 3 sides through, could have been 4 too had Sporting not messed up against Rangers.

Huge congratulations to Braga on their defensive display at Anfield too, biggest result in their history without a doubt, would be a great triumph for the underdog if they could go all the way and win it, they are a difficult side to break down, and that is a very good sign for them. With Porto going all guns for an unbeaten season and Benfica still invloved in both domestic cups in Portugal, Braga are the one Portuguese side left in this who can give their full concentration to the Europa League without any distractions as they have little else to play for in their season.

Villarreal look dangerous too, if they can get a big enough lead over the 5th placed team in Spain and sew up Champions League football by the time the semi finals of the competition come along then they could rest their players in the league and keep them fresh for Europe, which will be an advantage.

I really enjoy this competition and since it has been in its knockout format it has provided some intriguing games and some upsets, instead of messing around with the group stages and offering a paltry sum for winning it, UEFA should put the 4th placed teams from England, Spain and Germany and the 3rd placed teams from Italy, France etc in this competition rather than the CL, treble its prize money to 21 million for starting from the beginning of the competition and going on to win it and revert it back to straight knockout from the start in order for it to regain some prestige. And whilst they are at it offer the winners of it a Champions League spot.

NGONGE   

N.O.R.F;702974 wrote:
^I'm actually glad we're out
:D

I can watch the reds on Saturdays again.

Which reds? The ones knocked out by Barca or Braga? :D

N.O.R.F   

NGONGE;703020 wrote:
Which reds? The ones knocked out by Barca or Braga?
:D

Heh. The ones beaten by Barca are not known as the Reds. Bahasha baro.

Can't wait for the CL qrts.

ANWAR   

This is the chance all united fans have been waiting for, namely a showdown over the two matches WITHOUT Atkinson!

I can not understand why the THE sun thinks this might be boring for the neutral spectators? supporter just wait, this is massive!

Who judges?

Who plays back at United?

Who plays in front of Chelsea?

Torres found form?

Can Ancelotti season tilt in their favor?

Recalling that some of the most dramatic matches in the CL in the 2000s has been played between Liverpool and Chelsea as a wholly English settlement with a lot of prestige, it seems is just the king!

Although I obviously hate the most united we are as far away from the finals that I choose to say good luck to both ...... until further notice:)

CHELSEA 4 LIFE

Tuujiye   

After watching today's games, I have to be honest that it felt as if the tournament just started because the teams looked really good.

Madrid came to play vs the Spurs and knowing Mourinho, he came with solid game plan which killed Tottenham even if they had 11 men. However the shocker of the day was Schalke 04 and how they played way over expectations loool they shocked everyone today. They showed the reason why they are in the quarter finals and became a serious threat to everyone.

Chelsea has to win by two goals tomorrow to make things easy for us. I'm glad we have Alex back and that means Evanavic goes back to his right back position.

Lets do this Chelseaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

NGONGE   

^^ I doubt Alex would start. He's not match fit yet.

Inter's first goal was brilliant (if only Rafa had all these guys fit when he was in charge, eh!).

Spurs lost it the minute Crouch got sent off. Still, Madrid v Barca in the semis is a better game to watch (if Barca make it through).

Oz   

Lucio and Walter Samuel was a huge miss for Inter, both of them are organizers of a defence and without one of those in your backline you will be all over the place defensively. Cant see Schalke throwing it away now tbh, you never know but i would be surprised, even when they came back against Bayern, Inter were extremely fortuitous, Bayern had 2/3 other chances in the game to kill it off when 2 goals up on aggregate and blew it, maybe Inter's luck has ran out. Schalke look forward to a game against Chelsea. :D :D

Well done to Schalke though, they surprised a few last time they were in the Champions League (07/08) when they got to Quarter Finals and gave Barca a scare, that half of the draw now looks very interesting.

Ps: Will win at home, but am not too sure about Old traford.

N.O.R.F   

:D @ Tuujiye. Waar Alex has been out for a long time. I will be very surprised if he plays.

Inter haven't been good defensively since Jose left. Bayern missed some major chances but Schalke finished their chances. Still think the keeper is dodgy. Great goal by Stankovic.

Glad Spurs got thrashed (I made the 4-0 prediction on my fb :D). English media hype made Ngonge believe they actually had a chance :D