Sign in to follow this  
Haatu

Champions League 10/11

BOB   

N.O.R.F;700461 wrote:
^could and should have been more. Arsenal very close to snatching it but Bendtner
:D
:D

Ref spoiled the game with the red.

Can't help but feel Arsenal lack a leader to influence the ref. You know just keep complaining and talking to the ref like Carra, Rooney, Terry all do. You do get decisions.

19 attempts and 10 on target vs 0 attempts (the goal was an own goal)

700+ passes vs 100+ passes

Time for Man Utd to exit.

Arsenal players could've yelled all day and the referee would've still ignored them, I don't think that's the reason why they lost...Arsenal players were scared and the Barca players trying to intimidate them (Abidal, I thougtht you had more class than that) did not help, I feared for the worst when Alves kicked Cesc from behind and the referee did not book him and how can Abidal get away with grabbing Robin's throat? the referee did not help but still that was not the case we lost, we were simply poor and we deserved what we got which was NOTHING.

lol @ Bendtner...:o:o like I said in the other thread I've seen amateur player swith far better first touch and control and Diaby & Rocisky poor lads, they were out of their depths with the rest of their team-mates except Jack Wilshere and Almunia.

For me the most worrying thing now is seeing Almunia in goal for the rest of the season...Season Over!:cool:

Peace, Love & Unity.

nuune   

we were simply poor and we deserved what we got which was NOTHING.

I am afraid but Zu will disagree with you hehe

NGONGE   

The sending of spoilt Wenger's plans. It was obvious he was trying to do what he did in the first game (defend in the first half and go on the attack in the second). His subs (other than the one he was forced to make) were positive and followed the plan but his players are not (and never were) in the class of a Barca when attacking or a Murinho's Milan when defending. They got outplayed and bullied into submission.

Still, they kept the match interesting right to the last minute.

p.s.

Bob, Diaby is rubbish and has always been rubbish but Rosicky played well (under the circumstances) and held off Adriano for large parts of the game (Sagna had Villa to cope with).

p.p.s

At half time, the presenter asked Rafa (who was a pundit for once) if Barca are going to get tired from all the pressing they were doing or could they keep it for 90 minutes; Rafa, in his usual matter-of-fact way replied "they are playing half pitch, they are not going to get tired". :D

NGONGE   

^^ Sky Sport. Did a good job explaining the formation and why Arsenal were being swamped. Souness was in awe of him and young Redknapp was talking his old rubbish about Wilshire. :D

N.O.R.F   

Merson is a muppet. Doesn't know what hes on about. I read his articles every week and they ALWAYS end up wrong.

Lineker (presenting), El Tell, Wilkins and Clemence last night.

NGONGE   

^^ Can't understand why Al Jazeera keeps hiring all these English guys. I'm sure there are loads of former pros from Italy, Spain or even Brazil who speak good English and can give a different point of view from that tired old English one.

Seriously I didn't bother watching the second half.... We could not put two passes together. We missed walcot and Song badly. the only one who was in for the fight was Wilshere. Fab was tormented dunno why. Van didn't get any service at all. Diaby and Rosickly seriously! these two against Barca midfield.

Arsene was saying before the game how we will attack, what a crock of shit? he was planning to not concede too many goals in the first half and play the second half and hope that we will get a couple of goals. what a genius? Arsene knows he won't have anymore excuse, either win the EPL (the minimum) or clear out the rubbish we have and buy world class players.

but we are stil better than Chelsea, Liverpool and Man U put together! :D

Cheers