Sign in to follow this  
Deeq A.

Waraabe: Qof Kasta Oo Jaadka Ku Ilko Beela, Waa In Lacag Looga Qaadaa Dadka Keena

Mooge   

Mr. warabe, your government already taxes khat dealers and they are supposed to take that money and provide services to people niyoow. if they are not doing that, then they are crooks so you need to address the real issue here which is corrupt politician stealing people's taxes without providing basic services such as health. 

• Like 1
  • Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Tallaabo   

What we need most is speed limits for the vehicles carry this shit. The khat-carrying vehicles are literally the fastest moving things in any city. Nobody gets out of the way for the police vehicles, ambulances, or the firefighters despite their sirens, but everyone would flee the road for the khat pickup trucks. Even the mad folks (and there are many in any Somali town) would immediately get the hell out of the way when the speeding khat truck is spotted. As the casualties of these drug-dealers are mounting, the government should either take the sirens off every other emergency services vehicle and surrender them to the khat dealers or severely limit their speed. The drug dealers who have no shortage of cash should not just pay "mag" only to kill again.

• Like 3

Holac   
10 hours ago, Tallaabo said:

What we need most is speed limits for the vehicles carry this shit. The khat-carrying vehicles are literally the fastest moving things in any city. Nobody gets out of the way for the police vehicles, ambulances, or the firefighters despite their sirens, but everyone would flee the road for the khat pickup trucks. Even the mad folks (and there are many in any Somali town) would immediately get the hell out of the way when the speeding khat truck is spotted. As the casualties of these drug-dealers are mounting, the government should either take the sirens off every other emergency services vehicle and surrender them to the khat dealers or severely limit their speed. The drug dealers who have no shortage of cash should not just pay "mag" only to kill again.

Tallaabo, why can't Somaliland grow its own Khat? It has enough highlands and farmland suitable soil. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Holac said:

Tallaabo, why can't Somaliland grow its own Khat? It has enough highlands and farmland suitable soil. 

Very good question, years ago, I use to do some random KHAT sessions,  only on EID, Weddings etc,  and I was with this group,  I was  not much of a user, but was interested in this plant,  I  cut some of the leaves and  it was extremely easy to strike, and  planted in my  backyard,  you will not believe how BIG quick they grow, it is still a secret, and 7 big trees,  about 1.5 metres  tall, don't use them, only as henge,  but sometimes give to one of friend, who worship this plant. They are Red, and Narrow leaf variety. 

Some places in SANAAG , they grow, but still people prefer the imported one.

Either total ban or grow locally, it is not that hard.

I am  big believer of BIYA gacmahaaga looga dhergaa!

3 hours ago, Holac said:

Maakhiri, this plant would be perfect for Alamadow mountains. 

Saxb aad buu ug baxaa, especially white leaf, and not highly potent.

agree kuwa kale lagu beeru weeye, but at the end, this is not good, it is a drug, and should be banned, in my opinion

• Like 1

cadnaan1   

mid reer gabilley ah wuxuu ii sheegay in his family owns khaat farm in gabiley area but he told pple prefer the ethiopian then the local khat.

i dont think banning khat would work  but locally produced khat would keep the money within the country.

• Like 1

galbeedi   

Not only in city roads but even  in the countryside, buses and trucks must get out of their  way when they see the speeding Qat landcruiser. Everyone from the villager to town people must get out of their way or else, " Mag malihid".

Cadnaan,

Actually in 1983, when  the government prohibited the Qat imports from Ethiopia, the locals in Gabiley area had cultivated a large Qat farms. During my last year of HIgh school. , I went to Arabsiyo town with one of my  classmates whose family owned a Qat farm in the area. We literally went to the farm and cut our own Qat to chew for almost the week we were there. It was a god Qat, but it needs little bit of moisture and more irrigation. " Waxooga laamaha caleemaha waa weyn lihi way qadhaadh yihiin, laakiin si qofku lacag uga sameeyo waa in uu isku dhex daraa  kuwa waaweyn iyo kuwa kale. Haddi shaqo fiican laga qabto oo la derso waxa laga yaabaa in uu la mid noqdo qaadka Ethiopia".

Suldaanka objected few threads back when I said that the Somaliland politicians use Qat more than others, but when I visited every politician I knew chewed the drug. 

Anyway there are ways to keep the hard currency within the country and regulate this drug. WE do not have real governments , but there is a lot of money to be made from Ethiopia and Kenya. WE have a plan.

• Like 1

KHAT dependence  is a big issue , and most of these leaders are compromised.

They can not make decisions that are good for the country.