Sign in to follow this  
Tuujiye

Transfer News

Tuujiye   

Marseille defender Taye Taiwo has admitted he would be keen on a move to Premier League side Tottenham.

The 25-year-old has recently been linked with a move to Spurs, but Spanish side Atletico Madrid are also keen on the Nigeria international.

“If I stay in Marseille I want to play week in week out. I am a football player not someone to sit on the bench and get paid,” he told Sky Sports.

“My ambition has always been to play at the top level. Spurs are a fantastic team in the best league.

“Atletico Madrid is a very good team as well in the Champions League, so I would be interested by those two teams.

“Marseille is my team at the moment and I have a contract with them, so let’s wait and see. In the next two weeks things might move on.”

[source: Sky Sports]

Manchester City have completed the signing of Spanish winger David Silva from Valencia.

Silva underwent a medical at Eastlands earlier on Wednesday and has signed a four-year contract at City.

“I’m very happy with what we did this summer – it’s the best time that any player can have,” Silva told the club’s official website.

“I am looking forward to starting the season with my new team, I’m excited about my new team.

“And I will be happy if at the end we are in the Champions League – or if we win a trophy.

“Roberto Mancini and Garry Cook have told me we are building a very good team with some of the best players in the world and we are going to fight for honours.”

[source: Manchester City's official website]

Inter Milan striker Mario Balotelli admis he is happy with reports linking him with Manchester United and Manchester City.

City are reportedly leading the race to sign the 19-year-old. Balotelli made his Serie A debut while City boss Roberto Mancini was in charge at Inter Milan.

Balotelli told Corriere dello Sport: “Roberto Mancini? He’s a great coach, I debuted in Serie A with him because he is a great friend.

“If he and (Sir Alex) Ferguson want me, it means I’m not as bad as I thought.

“United is a great club. They have not seen the real Balotelli, for sure I need to learn and achieve more goals. I want to win the Golden Ball in 2011. As for the future, I always say I don’t know.”

[source: Il Corriere dello Sport]

Post all the news here from now on guys lool...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Tuujiye   

Rosenborg midfielder Anthony Annan has admitted he would be keen on a move to the Premier League this summer.

The 23-year-old Ghana star has been linked with the likes of Chelsea and Manchester United.

“I am keeping my fingers crossed, but I don’t know the future yet,” Annan told Sky Sports News.

“I am still playing and the transfer market is not over yet.

“I am just hoping one or two things happen before the close of the transfer market and just hoping good things will come out of that.

“I think if I have opportunity to play there [England] I would be very grateful. If not Germany, Italy, Spain, everywhere. I think I will be ready to play over there.

“My agent knows what’s going on and I will have a meeting with him and discuss what is happening with my future.”

[source: Sky Sports News]

West Ham manager Avram Grant revealed on Thursday that he is close to completing a swoop for Mexico winger Pablo Barrera.

Barrera, who represented his country at the World Cup, will cost the English Premier League club around four million pounds to sign from his current team – Mexican outfit UNAM Pumas – and is reported to be ready to agree a four-year contract.

Grant is confident the 23-year-old will prove a valuable addition to his squad.

“He is more of a winger and he can play on either side,” Grant told Sky Sports News.

“He is a very good player and is good for the vision of the club. We are trying to bring in players of a good age and develop them. He’s a good player.”

Grant has so far signed only German midfielder Thomas Hitzlsperger since taking charge at Upton Park, but the former Portsmouth boss hopes to seal further deals, with Nice striker Loic Remy and Portsmouth defender Tal Ben Haim on his wanted list.

“We are trying to bring in a few more players that can improve the team, improve the squad,” Grant said.

“Our target is to make signings this week, but we cannot talk about them until they are done. In football anything can happen until the last moment.”

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Tuujiye   

England international Joe Cole has joined Liverpool on a four-year contract.

After his release from Chelsea earlier this summer Cole was linked with a host of top clubs. Manchester United, Arsenal and Tottenham were all interested in signing the mercurial star.

Value

At 28 years-old Cole is in the prime of his footballing career. Surely he was the most talented player available on a free transfer this summer.

Although he has signed a £90,000 per week contract he arrives on Merseyside without Liverpool having to pay a transfer fee. That’s a bargain for a player with so much talent.

Money

I’m just hoping for Liverpool’s sake that Joe Cole has decided to join the club for footballing reasons and not for the financial package offered. It seems a strange choice with Liverpool not offering Champions League football next season. Maybe he realises that he has a good chance of first team football with the Reds and that’s why he has joined Roy Hodgson’s side.

Injuries

Cole had injury problems last season and it led to his appearances for the Blues being limited. When he did recover from his injuries he couldn’t command a regular first team spot. Despite his injury problems it was still a surprise that Carlo Ancelotti let him leave the Bridge.

Talented

Joe Cole is without doubt one of the most talented players of his generation. Unfortunately he has yet to fulfil his enormous potential. He has a creativity that many of his England colleagues lack. Fans and players called for his inclusion in the starting line-up for England at this summers World Cup.

However England boss Fabio Capello decided against his selection. He is that rare sort of player who can take a man on and produce bits of magic.

Excitement

Cole could provide the excitement that Liverpool fans so craved last season. The side were flat on many occasions in the last campaign and Cole is the sort of player that can lift a flat performance. He could be the catalyst to a mini revival.

Problem Position

The left side of midfield proved a problem position for previous Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez. Yossi Benayoun, Albert Riera, Maxi Rodriguez and Ryan Babel all played on the left flank last season but nobody could make the position their own.

Benayoun has joined Chelsea and Cole seems to be his very shrewd replacement. Riera also looks destined to leave Anfield this summer and Ryan Babel is still struggling to convince that he is Liverpool material.

Positive

The signing of Joe Cole sends a positive message out to the rest of the Premier League that the club aren’t finished yet. It shows that the club can still attract top players, even without the carrot of Champions League football next season.

With top stars rumoured to be considering their futures at Liverpool this signing should help convince them that Liverpool mean business. It also shows the likes of Steven Gerrard and Fernando Torres that the club are still ambitious and want to win trophies.

Signings

Roy Hodgson is a very shrewd manager and he is known for spotting a bargain signing. Hodgson can’t really lose with the Cole deal. If the move doesn’t work out he can be sold for a profit and it’s only cost the club his wages.

Hodgson is likely to bring in more signings this summer. His signings aren’t always big names but they tend to produce the goods on the pitch for him. He has a superb talent for developing players.

Cole is likely to be the biggest name to arrive at Anfield this summer but it’s the lesser name players that thrive under Hodgson. Expect Hodgson to pull a few more rabbits out the hat in the near future.

Good Mix

The mixture of stability that Hodgson brings and the excitement and creativity Cole brings has already created a more positive outlook at Anfield. Whether either will prove a long-term success at Anfield remains to be seen but I’d say Hodgson has already completely his first coup of his Liverpool career.

Liverpool heer waxee taagan tahay ee qaataan Hanbada Chelsea! what do you say about the A&T looool....

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Polanyi   

Transfer news, what news? I think the big four are content with what they got. Man city are the only who can afford to spend big. Arsenal buying unknown french dudes as usual.

N.O.R.F   

^He probably doesn't know :D

Originally posted by Karl_Polanyi:

Arsenal buying unknown french dudes as usual.

Still signing unknowns from Ligue 1 :D

Polanyi   

Originally posted by N.O.R.F:

^He probably doesn't know
:D

quote:

Originally posted by Karl_Polanyi:

Arsenal buying unknown french dudes as usual.

Still signing unknowns from Ligue 1
:D
Yeah and Eduardo left to Shakhtar. The Morrocan guy "Jamac" should be a good buy though. :D

Polanyi   

^^ i coined that one just now. :D

Chamakh look decent from youtube videos. :D The only problem is that Van Persie never gives a full season, so arsenal should have looked at an accomplished striker this time. Arshavain doesn't get that many too. Bendter is half rubbish- half good. Stubborn Wenger as usual.bOOOH.

Haatu   

Why is Wenger chasing after Schwarzer(?) when he can go for Joe Hart? The guy needs to get real.

Tuujiye   

Star teenage Italian forward Mario Balotelli’s agent on Monday denied that his client has signed a deal with Manchester City.

Earlier reports in the Italian press claimed the 19-year-old Inter Milan striker had already agreed a contract with the English Premier League side and that all that was missing was an agreement between the two clubs.

But his agent Mino Raiola told Ansa news agency: “Nothing has been signed between Balotelli and Manchester City and I doubt anything will be in the next few days.”

The 19-year-old has long been linked with a move to City, who are managed by his former Inter boss Roberto Mancini.

According to reports, Balotelli held a farewell party in Milan over the weekend and all that remained was for Inter and City to sign the formalities.

Gazzetta dello Sport claimed he had signed a five-year deal worth four million euros a season while the initial fee would be 30 million euros, possibly rising to 35 million euros based on appearances and goals.

The newspaper said he would join his new team-mates on Wednesday as both clubs are on pre-season tours in the United States.

It even claimed the striker could turn out for City against Inter on Saturday in Baltimore.

The Italian of Ghanaian origin has been a controversial figure during his fledgling career but is considered by many to be Italy’s brightest young talent.

However, he has suffered from racial abuse from the terraces and has frequently fallen foul of Jose Mourinho’s strict disciplinary code during the Portuguese’s two-year stint in Milan.

Balotelli also enraged his own club’s fans towards the end of last season when he hurled his shirt to the ground after Inter’s 3-1 Champions League semi-final, first leg victory over Barcelona at the San Siro.

The teenager had been jeered for a less than committed substitute performance and he was later allegedly attacked by team-mates angered by his actions.

He was also left on the sidelines for six games before that after failing to apologise publically to his coach over an internal incident.

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Tuujiye   

Tottenham manager Harry Redknapp has admitted he is still interested in signing Sevilla striker Luis Fabiano.

Spurs are reportedly looking to bring in a new striker this summer and Fabiano, Raul, Klaas-Jan Huntelaar and Craig Bellamy are among the players they have been linked with.

Redknapp said: “I like Fabiano. He is a top player. If he was available at the right money then I would be interested in him, but whether that would be the right money for Tottenham Hotspur I don’t know.

“We won’t compete wage-wise with Chelsea, Arsenal, Manchester United and Liverpool.”

[source: News of the World]

(GSM) – Internazionale striker Mario Balotelli has agreed to join Manchester City. The 19-year-old forward reached an agreement with the Premier League club on Saturday evening and then had a leaving party in the centre of Milan, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.

It’s reported Balotelli has already signed a four-year contract worth €4 million a season.

La Gazzetta understands Inter and City will close a deal initially said to be worth €30m plus bonuses tied to appearances and goals.

The Eastlands club may well end up paying as much as €35m for ‘Super Mario’.

Special detail of the whole transfer saga surrounding Balotelli is that he might well face his new club with Inter when they play a friendly in Baltimore on July 31.

La Gazzetta claims Balotelli’s best friend Basty organised a ‘leaving party’ for him at Milan’s Van Gogh café on Via Bertani late on Saturday evening.

Balotelli’s friends then unveiled a piece of canvas on which was written: “Even 1000km away, you’ll always be in our hearts.”

WLC Balotelli!!!!! man I'm so happy for this kid! about time he left that racist country!

Wareer Badanaa!!!

Tuujiye   

(GSM) – Javier Mascherano wants to leave Liverpool, according to reports from the Daily Mail.

Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson already feared an exit from the defensive midfielder and on Monday Mascherano told the former Fulham manager he wants to leave Anfield.

The Argentina captain is likely to team up with former boss Rafael Benitez at Internazionale and Hodgson is now preparing himself for a £25 million bid from the Nerazzurri.

That offer will be hard to resist for the cash-strapped Reds but the 26-year-old midfielder’s departure will be a huge setback for Hodgson, who was boosted last week by the arrival of Joe Cole and Steven Gerrard’s commitment to the club.

Liverpool waa u dhamaatay looool eey aa idin cunay haduu ninkaas idinka tago lool....

Wareer Badanaa!!!