Sign in to follow this  
Tuujiye

The Premiership 2010/2011

Oz   

Arsenal vs Chelsea

Very Big game for us!!

We've been off form and had some injuries but now we are away to Arsenal @ Emirates Stadium. Our biggest London rivals for the PL title this year and I think if we can win this game we'll be right on track for back to back titles - :D .. I really can't see Arsenal causing us much problems next week so with the chance to beat the current top 2, I think it would put us right up there for a media bum licking again. :D We look like we are back to something like our best against Spurs, especially in the second half. And having Lampard playing again is always a huge bonus for us. I'd say to Arsenal folks, bad timing to face Chelsea. :D

Prediction: 1-0 or 2-0 Chelsea.

I'm feeling a clean sheet for some reason.

BOB, Arsenal plays brilliant attractive football yet Chelsea and United scored more goals last season. of course Chelsea & United concede less. Why? Because they spend decent money on defenses. United's best defense, Ferdinand aside, cost them peanuts. Vidic, Evra, Rafael and Van Der Sar cost no more than £20 million... I'm pretty sure Arsenal could afford to buy two players for that combined amount to improve there defense. But you don't. Why? Wenger's stubborn ego to make project youth work. And you supposed to applaud that? You'll probably turn around and say 'Arsenal don't have £20 million'. Well that is the sum of Denilson and Bendtner's reported fees should they move in January. If you sell those two and bring in 2 top defenders, I'll call project youth a success.

But again, will that happen? Probably not. Why? Because of Wenger's stubbornness and blind faith in project youth. Sell those two, bring in a defender and goalie, or just defenders (I think Szczesny looks promising) and you'll automatically be in a better position to win something next season or the one after :D

Thoughts??

BOB   

OZ,

It's not about Arsene being stubborn or Arsenal not having money to spend or even Arsene being against bringing in reinforcement in January but rather Arsene having no clue when it comes to spotting defenders or how to set up a defense play and I'm sure the statistics will back me up on this.

The last time Arsenal had a proper world class defenders were the days when we had all English defenders and if you remember, apart from Sol they were all signed or nurtured by George Graham.

Arsene Wenger signed some of the worst defenders I've ever seen in my entire life...remember Igor Stepanovs, Oleh Luzhny, Nelson Vivas, Cygan, Silvestre ( Yes I think he was always rubbish even in his Utd days) and now I'm afraid he's done it again in Sebastien Squillaci who I think is not good enough for a big team like Arsenal, no wonder he's got less than 20 caps for France in his entire 30 year old.

Rumour has it that Pat Rice (Arsene's Assistant) is going to retire at the end of the season...I hope Arsene calls Adams from his exile in Azerbajan...Arsenal is crying for a man like him and I'm sure all these players regardless which position they play in will benefit from having a true legend around them who epitomises everything Arsenal Football Club stands for and the defense would've benefitted from all his experience but wouldn't you know it...Arsene is rumoured to be thinking of bringing in Grimandi.:mad:

PS. Nani said Arsenal aren't in the running for the title and I absolutely agree with him...I don't know what Arsene is on.

Peace, Love & Unity.

Tuujiye   

Rafa is fired!!! loooooooool

reer BeerPool I guess you guys will be saved after all lool...

OZ, sxb Arsenal game haka walwalin... Is about time we start our winning ways again...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

BOB   

What a game! For once Arsenal players showed HEART and fought like MEN and the best part of it all is Drogba did not score...we've finally stopped the rot and I WAS THERE to witness it happen....what an atmosphere in the Stadium...the fans were really really up for it and when was the last time you've seen Chelsea fans leaving Emirates early and disappointed if ever? Fantastic.;)

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Robin Van Persie might've not scored but he was crucial...what a class player! His movement off the ball was fantastic...you really have to watch him live to witness how intelligent he is and you really forget how brilliant he is when he is out for so long.

Cesc started finding spaces when Essien dropped deep and replaced Mikel as their defensive midfielder which was great for Arsenal...Kakuta should've left Chelsea instead of signing because clearly the boy has more talent than Kalou and has caused more problems for Arsenal than Kalou did in the entire 94+ minutes he's played.

Song had the best game of his entire Arsenal career and Djourou had Drogba in his pocket all game...I hope now people would understand why I rate him higher than Squillaci simply because he's aggressive and little bit stronger than the two frenchmen and isn't afraid to rough them big boys up.

Peace, Love & Unity.

BOB   

Yeah I was and I loved every minute of it....What an atmosphere! I've been to the stadium few times now but tonight was the best simply because a lot of the fans whom I've spoken to did not expect Arsenal to even get a draw never mind beat Chavs convincingly...it was a pleasant surprise for everybody including the players which we were long over due if you ask me.

I've got to give Arsene credit for an amazing game plan which worked like a charm because playing Theo even if he'd had not scored made a big difference by simply tracking back Cole which Arshavin would've never done in a million years and you saw how that crippled Chelsea's game plan because they rely on Cole a lot especially when playing against Arsenal and how lovely to see Theo robbing him for Cesc's goal?:D

Peace, Love & Unity.

Oz   

Good result for you guys. Arsenal played well, more importantly they defended well. However I am still not completly convinced about Arsenal hopefully am wrong.

I think the Russian may end up sacking Carlo, only then I'll be pretty much done following Chelsea for the rest of the season, I didn't catch the game but so the highlights. had a suspision you'd do us over especially at Emirates, so well done. :D

Well done BOB & Loz, now go and win it!!v :D

N.O.R.F   

Didn't see the game but had a feeling Arsenal would do it (the laws of probability). Hoping to catch the reply later tonight IA.

Tuujiye aawe? LoooooooooooooL soo bax saxib.