Sign in to follow this  
Tuujiye

The Premiership 2010/2011

NGONGE   

^^ It is exactly what he did against Chelsea and it worked though. :D

I don't like that tactic personally but I can see where Roy is coming from. The problem is that such a style of play takes up a lot of energy and the transition from defence to attack has to be very accurate (it was not last night).

P.S.

We will beat Stoke and maybe Spurs but I'm not sure about West Ham. :D

P.P.S

I already mentioned that your next few games are going to be vital. Chelsea look iffy.

Norf,

I fail to understand how you're a Liverpool fan. I truly do. :D

Haatu   

Tottenham 1 - Sunderland 1 Agent Gallas strikes again. :D

The Manchester Derby was such a boring game.

37 seconds for Chamakh to find the net. Quickest goal of the season so far. Back to winning ways. :cool:

Liverpool will do well to finish 5th this season.

LoL@Welcome back LOZ.. he he he. waan ogahay waxaad u dan leedihiin.

Well, everyone knows this year there is no clear favorite but still Chelsea are the leaders. I expect them to falter soon and Arsenal to get into full gear.

Liverpool could be a surprise runner up and Arsenal to win it :D . I have that feeling!

Cheers

NGONGE   

^^ Chelsea sacked Ray Wilkins with no explanation at all. Something is not right with that team. Wonder if they'll lose tomorrow. :D

N.O.R.F   

Chelski way isku buuqeen since they got beat at Anfield. Even though they beat Fulham it was far from convincing. Fulham could have got a point if they were a bit more careful with their final ball.

Ngonge, I'm a realist saxib. You've gone from sack Woy to 'we will win the Prem'. Fickle waaxid.

NGONGE   

^^ I still believe Roy is no good dee. Winning the league is not about him, it's about how bad the others are doing. Wax fahan.

N.O.R.F   

Even if everyone was doing terrible we are not capable of going on lengthy unbeaten runs. We will defend against Stoke and slip up (we're not physical enough in the middle).

NGONGE   

^^ Nothing to do with being physical (well not much). Roy's style of playing gives the other team the chance to keep the ball for long periods of the game. He wants his team to defend with ten men and attempt to attack when they have the ball. The defending part is not a problem (more so when it is Stoke) but the transition from defence to attack is the real problem.

Against Chelsea, the passing was quick, crisp and accurate. The plan worked. But against Wigan, the passing was no good and the speed in transition from defence to attack was not there.

Stoke's style of play is old English. They don't build attacks from the back and catch you out of position with their speed of passing. Defending against them will involve lots of clearnces and kicking balls into the air. But it will also have lots of fouls against our players and free kicks. If Liverpool are on their game, I expect them to comfortably beat Stoke (this is not the Rafa way of attacking them non stop and failing to break them down).

Oz   

I can see a stoke win although Hodgson is likely to park the bus so they might hold out for a draw or loss.:D

Stoke are an awkward side & I don't expect LFC any joy from a team that revels in "Thug Football". I expect LFC to loose & many injuries.:D

I heard Roy's got the team in the middle of a four-hour training session entitled: "How to cope with Delap's long throws". :D

NGONGE   

^^ Delap is injured. Stoke can't keep the ball (it is not in their nature). Roy's game plan (parking the bus) allows opposition teams to keep the ball (see Chelsea, Blackpool and Wigan). Bolton, Blackburn and Stoke are rubbish at that and this is why I think Liverpool will win.

Anyway, what is going on at Chelsea? :D

Oz   

Obviously their is some problems in the Chelsea camp. Chelsea have allowed Ray wilkin's contract to expire. I think it's more likely that he's leaving to be the new token Englishman on Capello's staff...

Zola in waiting lists.

N.O.R.F   

I hate Stoke. Bloody hate that team. Was that even a game of football? The ball was in the air for 85 mins. The other 5 it was with Rory Delap.

Oh well another loss that makes it 5!

Oz   

Originally posted by Oz:

I can see a stoke win although Hodgson is likely to park the bus so they might hold out for a draw or loss.
:D

Stoke are an awkward side & I don't expect LFC any joy from a team that revels in "Thug Football". I expect LFC to loose & many injuries.

I heard Roy's got the team in the middle of a four-hour training session entitled: "How to cope with Delap's long throws".

"NG, You've Been Delapped :D:D

Norf, you are my witness when I said to odeygii Ngonge winning Wigan and Stoke would make it a good ran and jumping to 5th on the table. Now all I want him to do is to accept that he has been delapped throughout the Stoke match. :D Stoke City out passed LFC and made it look like a Championship team in the Divisions :D That in itself is a sackable offense. (Roy)

Just plain horrible. Not one single Liverpool player can say he played well, maybe the Greek as he battled well and that's it...Konchesky is officially the worse left back you've ever had, make Djimi Traore look like Maldini. Not one of Roy's signings have performed at all, Poulsen shite, Konchesky shite, Cole has been poor and Meireles is not even half as good as Aquilani, to whom is now inexplicably playing for Juve on loan...

Unlucky for Aston villa, thay played their hearts out against ManUre. What a joke!! I mean, I know that's what makes the game beautiful, but this is seriously undeserved. Villa have been fantastic with a seriously under-strength side. It took United to the 80th minute to get their first shot on target and that was from FERDINAND of all people.

How Man U are going to remain unbeaten is beyond me.

I hope Sunderland wont perform the way Aston villa played against ManU.

Ps: English premier league is getting harder by the season, no more easy games - gotta earn the 3 points.

Oz   

Defeated Liverpool boss Roy Hodgson felt his side had been unable to cope well with Stoke's threat from throw-ins, long balls and set-pieces.

"The 1-0 goal came from a long throw, I thought we worked hard on defending that as well as we could during the week but once we went behind we had to take more risks. We hoped that would get us back in the game but unfortunately not.

"Today most of the day is about defending long throws and long balls forward, against Chelsea (a game which Liverpool won 2-0 last weekend) it's a team moving the ball around the field, you can't compare games against Stoke with games against Chelsea, everyone knows this (Stoke) is a very special game.

:D:D