Sign in to follow this  
Tuujiye

The Premiership 2010/2011

^^^ On paper...the Liverpool line up was pretty strong dunno what happened in the game.

Tuujiye, sxb habaar igama aha. last year you had Essien as the only major player missing for long period of the season. other are fringe players or were out less than expected!

I have to admit - am in dejavu zone - yet I have a feeling that we will do better than last year.

I saw Gyan's goal it was fantastic - an early contender for the goal of the season - so the the 4th Arsenal goal - 24 passes sxb...24!!

PS: Sorry for the spelling in my previous reply (i got a cool iPad for me self... an oportunity to mention it) am still getting used to the screen typing :D

Cheers

NGONGE   

^^ 24 passes when the opposing team have already given up. Naga daa dee. :D

There goes Norf again. Lucas actually played better than Poulson and tried to pass the ball forward whenever he got it. He was let down by the lack of movement upfront and the way Brum defended. The new guy looked good when he came on (but then again, so did Aqui in pre season). It would be really sad if Rubbish Roy drops Lucas and keeps Poulson on. At any rate, the team played with Rafa's formation but not his tactics (zonal marking would have prevented Brum from having all those chances). I doubt that Roy will last a full season if he carries on playing (and talking) in this way.

P.S.

Chelsea still have it easy and United v Everton was a great game.

N.O.R.F   

Zonal marking was only at corners and all Brum chances came from open play :D

Lucas had a stinker because he can't make his mind up and can't pass.

Same tactics as Rafa and Maxi wasn't even playing.

NGONGE   

^^ Once you change a defence's mentality every cross becomes confusing. Wax fahan.

Same tactics as Rafa? Why is that though? I thought you blamed Rafa for everything, what now? :D

P.S.

Lucas did not have a stinker. He had a very good game. It's the 'wingers' and the attack players who had a real stinker.

N.O.R.F   

How does every cross become confusing when zonal marking was only at corners under Rafa? In transition you mark the centre forward. The problem was Lucas and Poulson not picking up the runners. Aar dhaawo bahasha.

icon_razz.gif

NGONGE   

Actually, Lucas was picking up EVERY runner. There was nothing wrong with his game at all. AT ALL.

Zonal marking teaches players to mark their own zones. It becomes second nature to them (and was proven right in the previous seasons). Once you start fiddling with it (at corners and free kicks) you mess up the players' positional sense in all other occassions.

NGONGE   

^^ Waa markaad hadal waydid. :D

Do you think the two 'wingers' played better than Lucas (really?)? Was Torres playing well in your eyes? Did Johnson have a good game? How about Skertel? War Lucas played better than that whole lot and was even better than his midfield partner. If you could not see that, I doubt you saw anything in the game dee.

As for the marking point, you know what I am talking about but you're being stubborn. Kubbada baro. :D

Tuujiye   

Ngonge, in aad carabta kusoo nooleed waxaa lagu garanayaa madaxan adag! laaxowla walaa quwata mee dhihi jireen...

War Lucas was playing for the other team! he even made a pass to a birmingham player! qashiin fooqul qashiin! car ha ciyaaro mar danbe...

Wareer Badanaa!!!

^^^ am with Ngonge on this one. the problem with Liverpool was the wingers...they were terrible when crossing or always coming in or passing back to the midfield which was already congested.

Cheers

Oz   

I have to say West Ham match was ace !

Toughest test so far, but all the great goals ! Essiens headers were sublime, Ramires was very good I thought too. Parkers goal was awesome even though we lost the first clean sheet this season. We were lucky with Piquonne missing horribly as well.

But overall I'm happy and bring on the Champions League !

Legend, "We lead others follow" :D

Liverpool, For a team that is still a couple of players short of being what the manager wants it wasn’t a bad performance. I think its obvious Gerrard should play as a CM rather than a second striker and the prospect of Gerrard next to Meireles in the midfield with Joe Cole in a free role behind Torres offers great hope for the rest of the season in my opinion.

Fair play to Birmingham they’re a decent team and they won’t lose many at home or away this season, they could have easily won this game if it wasn’t for the quality of Reina. A point is an OK result, no complaints…

NGONGE   

^^ Birmingham have not lost at home for 17 games (that includes Chelsea, Arsenal and United). The result was not bad, the performance was rubbish.

Chelsea will cruise through the group stages of the CL.

N.O.R.F   

Zonal marking teaches players to mark their own zones
[at corners and set pieces ONLY]
. It becomes second nature to them (and was proven right in the previous seasons). Once you start fiddling with it (at corners and free kicks) you mess up the players' positional sense in all other occassions
[including in open play even though you are marking your zone as you're playing in your position and defending]

How someone can say that and still claim he is right I don't know :D:D

Only Titus :D

N.O.R.F   

^Saxib, when you're a centre back (I'm assuming you have played at centre back even though it was probably in the 80s :D ) and you're defending crosses from open play don't you get yourself into a position between the keeper and striker (i.e. a zone)? Or position youself in a way for you to get to the ball first? Players, by default, play in zones anyway (positions). This does not change because defending at corners has changed. If we were to go by your comment there, a switch from zonal marking at corners also means man-marking all over the pitch :D

Wax fahan!