Dahireeto

A picture of Somali school children from the 60s

Observations:

1. More non ethnic Somalis. 

2. Kids appear well fed no sunken cheekbones and hollow eyes.

3. The Khawarij wave had not reached the land as evidenced by the teacher not wearing a tent.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Holac   

This is amazing. Societies progress. We regressed backward. 

My observations:

1. Diversity 

2. Good manners

3. Cute and healthy kids 

4. Beautiful Somali teacher

• Like 1

Holac   

That is an absolutely a beautiful pic saxib. The youth were chilling back then enjoying life, minding their own business. That is a treasure!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Holac said:

That is an absolutely a beautiful pic saxib. The youth were chilling back then enjoying life, minding their own business. That is a treasure!!

Absolutely Saaxib, The days for our youth to be doing the same is nearing. I was corrected, that picture is from 68'

• Like 1

On 12/4/2017 at 9:45 PM, Instinct.Poet said:

I absolutely heart Nostalgic images of Somalia, 

Here is one from sometime in the early years of the 70's, A road trip from Mogadishu with my Uncle Ali Matan Hashi,  Aunty Daleys & Big sister Aisha and other relatives

20525297_780604745454643_3891625478069886209_n.jpg

What a coincidence!

My sister was talking about your uncle a few weeks ago on a family Whatsapp group. She was sharing old pictures of the family. While looking those old pictures of us, she came across in her possession this image below taken by Cali Mataan Xaashi as it says at the back of the picture. The lady pictured is named Saciido Iidle Xasan, perhaps you might know her as well.

The family couldn't figure out, but the older ones thought she was probably an old friend of my other sister, who passed away. This image has been with the family probably since 1970s, I am guessing.

23kvst0.jpg

hsw2sm.jpg

2h4bayw.jpg

• Like 1

Mashallah- Maskiin, If you live long enough you realize that we are all but one-degree of separation. Cajiib, that is absolutely awesome.

I will find out with my sisters who were teens in the 70's, I'm from the laters years between ciyaal doobiyo goomo iyo Qooley ceersato & say wallahi generation.