Sign in to follow this  
Mooge

Harry is engaged to a black girl

Mooge   

che, we are just discussing events in the general section niyoow. stop being cranky niyoow and dictating what I should or should not post. 

moving on ...

TIME.COM has nice article on why this is a milestone for the British Royal Family

1. Markle is a woman of color

The announcement represents a more inclusive royal family, Anna Whitelock, a royal expert and director of the London Centre for Public History and Heritage, tells TIME. As Harry is fifth in line to the throne, Queen Elizabeth would have had to give permission to the marriage. “I think the Queen would have done so, happily” Whitelock says. “I don’t think her being mixed race would have been at all significant for the Queen.”

But Britain’s right-wing tabloids made Markle’s race a talking point and were criticized for dog-whistle racism in their coverage of her. This included a 2016 Daily Mail article that described Markle’s mother’s neighbourhood as being “famous for gangs” as it detailed the number of crimes that happened in the vicinity of her home. In a statement issued by Kensington Palace last Nov., the Prince issued a rare salvo against the press as he defended his mixed-race relationship and criticized the “racial undertones”from the tabloids.

I feel bad this girl, if marrying into this living fossil of a family is not bad enough she will now find herself under a lot of unfair racial scrutiny or outright prejudice. Cadaan waa cadow, lalama xidido.  

what is the color of her skin, or her mother's background to do with this? Mooge it is 21st century mate,  NAAGta bahalkii kuma yaal miyaa?

More intrigued like his father, he is into older women.

Holac   

Mooge, you should read how much hate this girl is being subjected to online by the racist Brits and other supremacists. If you read the commentary on many British tabloids, the haters are not holding back at all. They are calling her all kinds of names, cursing the Royal family for "letting them down", etc. 

• Thanks 1