Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar

My father's gun permit from early '60s

This is an image of my father's gun permit from Banaadir region in early 1960s. I really didn't even know that at one time guns were permitted legally.

Unfortunately, the date and name was handwritten, thus the pen ink disappeared. However, I believe documents like this should be saved for historical purposes.

244pn3m.jpg

• Like 1

Yes, for hunting rifles and ancient pistols with permits. I don't think semi-automatic guns and the likes are allowed. I had been here since 1996, I have yet to see anyone with any kind of gun - except the police. Nor did I see any store selling it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Holac said:

After Siyad Barre came, everyone started having guns.

The  widespread dissemination of firearms started  during 1977s war with Ethiopia, The civilians were armed,to  defend or fight Ethiopians.

I remember Baadiyaha almost everyone had AK47 in 80s, and when the police or government officials come, they hid somewhere.

Mind = Blown- Thanx for sharing that special puzzle piece to history  Sxb.

On 11/26/2017 at 8:52 AM, Miskiin-Macruuf-Aqiyaar said:

This is an image of my father's gun permit from Banaadir region in early 1960s. I really didn't even know that at one time guns were permitted legally.

Unfortunately, the date and name was handwritten, thus the pen ink disappeared. However, I believe documents like this should be saved for historical purposes.

244pn3m.jpg

• Like 1