Mooge

Finance minister fired his son over 19 dollar laaluush the boy took

galbeedi   

This is the kind of leadership Somalia needs. 

Dadka siyaasada Soomaaliya wax ka danaynaya ee madax raba in ay noqdaa ninkan oo kale waa in ay diwaan gashadaan oo isha ku hayaan.

Good , and honest people are few and far. Dahabku dhoobaduu ku dhex jiraa.

• Like 2

Great thread with a great message. I totally agree with Abdulahi we should not tolerate fraudsters. It's refreshing to see someone who has morals and principles and is all about honesty and integrity. Change starts with you and at your home. Your character will take you places that your talent can't keep you.

Abdulahi Carshe for president B|

• Like 1

Honest man. Mismanagement and corruption is a big problem.

However the primary impediment to development is know how and I'm not talking about Phd's here, but ilbaxnimo, the way of life of the people; their houses, their attire, roads and traffic and so forth. Somalis start from a low technical base even by African standards. I'm not impressed by the built environment, by the chaos and mess I see in they cities I visit home.

• Like 1

Corruption drains human potential and set societies back. Even if a small fraction of the population took on corruption like the man above, the country would reap the benefits instantly. 

• Like 1

Conflict of interest. hahaha

Dad: Aabo ii sheeke, maanta shaqadii iiga waran?

Son: Aabo shaqadii walahi waa iska fiicnayd. Busy ayay aheyd.

Dad: Aabo dee inaad busy iska dhigto maha, wali ma maqashay "qowda maqashii waxna ha u qaban?"

Son: Aabo aan ku sheego maanta xariif ayaan iska dhigay oo duq oo tabcaan ah ayaa lacag badan ka qaatay.

Dad: Hada ayaan si fiican isku fahanay, ii waran oo sheekada iiga dhac

Son: Aabo arji ayu iila yimid, ana waa u yara jaakidhay. Laba maalmo ka bacday hadana waa ii yimi oo arji ayu ii waydiiyay. Duqii xaasil $19 dollar ayu is siiyay, ana waa u dhameeyay arinkiisi..

Dad: Iigu celi hadalka ma $19,000 kun ayu ku siiyay, wale inaad khatar tahay waa ogaa. 

Son:  Maya, maya aabe, $19 dollar 

Dad:  Ma $1,900 ayu ku siiyay? Aabe ma xuma waa iska bilow fiican.

Son: Aabe hadalkayga maad fahmin, waxaan idhi $19

Dad: Ma $19 dollar?  

ahahaha

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Mooge   

alpha the son's incident is not from the minister's current job niyoow. it happened before he was appointed minister and at that time he was governor of Karkaar State. the son was working one of the different government local wasaarads and he was caught. he was in jail for months for endangering public order with corruption and was found guilty and eventually fired. his father was pushing for the son to be jailed more but local law had to be upheld niyoow. 

corruption is not good for anyone niyoow. even your uncle Muuse biixi today adopted Cirro's anti-corruption message to appease Wadani supporters. corruption is enemy of somalis no matter where they live. 

in Puntland, if you are a minister, you can not give your son a job at your ministry.

YoniZ   
4 hours ago, Mooge said:

in Puntland, if you are a minister, you can not give your son a job at your ministry.

You must be living in a big Utopia fantasy.

CORRUPTION is the big elephant in the room, whether you are in Garowe, Hargeisa or, Mogadishu.

Mr Carshe is a nomad hero who has shawn good character, and genuine empathy at the hight of the Sima draught. 

• Like 1

Maakhiri, I don't think any Somali politician is "clean", but it is commendable to see a high-level Somali official sincerely making effort to fight corruption. 

Did the minister claim he jailed his son? Where is the fair treatment through the normal judicial system?

• Thanks 1