Sign in to follow this  
Mudane

Who is the better baller?

Mudane   

To those of you who fellow the NBA, who do u think is better ball player, Kobe or Tracy(T-Mac)?

Let me know what you think and I will share my opinion with you.

Peace,

Lefty   

I'm not a Kobe fan but without a doubt, I think Kobe Bryant is way better ball and complete player than Tracy McGrady.. Just because T-Mac is the scoring leader in this season, doesn't mean he's that good. The most important thing is NBA chamionship and T-Mac got none of it.. Kobe on the other hand is still counting more rings to come in the near future.

You can never compare players such as Kobe and T-Mac...it just isn't up for debate

Yes, both players play similar positions, and yes one is 2 inches taller than the other...meaning T-mac is a lil taller, but both players have improved drastically over the past couple of yrs and took their game into another level...

One player has 3 rings, while the other doesn't.

Lefty mentioned the fact that kobe is better because he has rings...I got a Question!!!

What if T-Mac had 3 rings and had the likes of SHAQ, veteran Robert Horry, Veteran Rick Fox, and one of the most appreciated, and winniest coach ever in sports, I mean Phill JAck did tie the record for most championship wins with the Detroit RedWings Coach... all of them on T-MAc's side, would you have viewed the two players differently, if yes, would you have thought that T-Mac would be a better player than Kobe????

How would you have viewed their individual game???

You can't compare two young great players based on team success and team titles....

I'm not a fan of neither player's teams...matter of fact I dislike the lakers, but I still appreciate the team unity and game that the lakers produce, thats what wins titles...

While T-mac could score from just about anywhere in the court, Kobe isn't much of an outside shooter...

T-Mac on one side is a consistant outside shooter, he might put atleast two - three 3point shots per game, but kobe might do that once every 3-4 games and that is not consistant, but other than that, both players are just about the same but got different style...and one player has 3 rings and the other doesn't...thats about the only difference.

As far as individual performance, the jury is still out on that and even if it came to individual success, KOBE himself would tell you that T-Mac would take his VOTE...(becuz T-mac has an entire team depending on him, he hardly can afford any off nights, but kobe doesn't stress, he knows if he can have off nights that there are veterans on his side who would pick the slack, and ESPECIALLY SHAQ...who wouldn't take a night off if they had SHAQ by their side???)

Ofcourse, Kobe did improve his outside shot the last month or so, especially when he he was on the hot streak and scoring over 40poins a game, but that shortly came to an end.

Remember, both players average atleast 25points or more, 5rpg and 5apg a night, I think they are the only two in the league who did that last year...

Kool_Kat   

LayZieGirl, i see you did your research...lol

No doubt, T-Mac is a better ball player...Just cuz Kobe has three rings and T-Mac doesn't; just cuz Kobe is the youngest in the 10000pt list and T-Mac isn't, does not mean Kobe is a better player...

hmmm, hold on let me see what I just wrote... You know what I changed my mind, I think Kobe is better player... As much as I hate him and his team...

But still T-Mac is my baby, stop comparing him to this selfish, son of a gun to my baby... T-Mac forevaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

H   

gosh compare kobe to t-mac! no way, kobe is better no doubt about that :D

Laker are better than 76ers no doubt about that

Gediid   

They are both good players but unfortunately one has a better team than the other.Remember basketball is a team sport and the better the team the better the player has the chance to shine.T-Mac happens to be in the worse team here.

if i was organizin' a team in my jungle i would trust me team with kobe...i mean the guy is made for this basketball game...move over MJ KB is on his way...pathetic that someone thought kobe doesn't play team ball...y'all wasn't sayin' that when he as damaging high school ballers...oops none of y'all knew him back then...oops did y'all watched him against orlando when he crossed T-mac and dunked on him and four others....i can't believe y'all ain't sayin' T-mac shoots too much....look at his games he only cares about scoring title...look at Kobe stats and u will only find out that Kobe leads him in every stat except scoring....what tells you he's a better team player point blank...enough is enough KB is most the offensive force ever to play this game beside jordan...he broke too many records to date...most importantly he's playing in the WESTCOAST and everybody knows that's the only Coast that got deadly players and teams....

the only reason ppl can't stand him is just because he's similar to jordan and ppl hate that..

Kobe has by far earned his spot as one of the best athletes of this century...in the last championships he stepped up in a big way than Shaq...Shaq has shown signs of retirement and expect him to retire after 1 or 2 seasons..

remember in the All Star game? if it wasn't for Kobe KG wouldn't even win the MVP....still no respect?...

I still can't sleep from the dunk he did at Madison Square Garden against the Knicks....

MY vote i take KG over T-Mac

look at T-Mac interviews and see why he always says that Kobe Influence him..

Shams   

man, all of you guys have posted some valid points and i couldnt agree with you more...but fact is tracy doesnt have a big 7'1 centre that dominates on both ends of the floor. but thats not to say that kobe is a bad playa or anythiing like that its just that tracy would've won those three rings if he had shaq in his team.

now, you can not compare those to playas because both playas are explosive and both playas have the same game. to me both playas are very good and you cannot really distinguish the better player, however T-MAC is lacking on the defensive end while kobe was named to the NBA all defenive team at least ones....peace

TIIMBARO   

I think T-Mac is a complete player. I can't even believe you're comparing the two...Kope is just a selfish ******* . He needs to take 50 shots just to score what he is currently averaging.