Sign in to follow this  
raula

shida ya matatu ni furaha ya mabaya

Viking   

raula,

It must have been a terrifying ordeal for the man. You know coastal people believe a lot in superstitions and all mysteries that come from the sea.

btw...you are still thinking of Mwangi :D The cat-killer is Mwinyi.

Viking,

Jama kapata shock ya maisha :eek: Lakini huyo paka noma. True, about the withcraft stuff ppl back home where so superstitious.

Raula d, naona Mwangi still has his effects on u ;)

Talking of withcraft and majini,,,,,

Remember at my boarding school our mosque was near the beach, and the watchmen had a belief that around 3am a beautiful woman clad in white had a tendency of visiting the mosque. Wallahi Allah knows better but we still used to go for itiqaf and nothing really happen.

Another famous Tanga superstitious topic was you walk down a road and you hit a peice of the kifuu( coconut husk) accidently You hear a voice: Why you kicking me???

Viking   

A cousin of mine used to tell me this scary storiesabout women with hooves in Mombasa. He said that while you are running away from her, you will meet another woman on the street asking you what as wrong. When you tell her, she nods understandingly and then, she pulls up her dress slightly and says..."You mean hooves like this?" This went on for a while...

PS: I know a lot of people from Tanga, the whole town seems to have migrated to Sweden. One thing that was striking was that every damn dude had a nickname, I am yet to meet one who doesn't.

Viking,

I heard of the hooves tales too. Also famous in Tanga.

Regarding the nicknames, those who grew up there had them and some were very funny. Remember some of my relatives tag names :D they always had a story to tell.

raula   

Poleni..indeed..nilichanganyisha majina..lakini majokes hizo ni kali kali. Speaking of Majini, nimezisikia mastory mob za mijini..from upande ya wasomali na wasijui pia. One that I heard was in WEBUYE...ati huyu chali anaelekea home usiku halafu on his way..he sees this beautiful nural-ayn(msichana balaa-as in mmoja mansha-allah)..sasa kwa kuwa yee ni chali ;) anamfuata msichana huyu..halafu while in the "negotiation business" anajiona suddently amalala pahali pa kumwagia CHAFU (GARBAGE DUMPSTER or close to it)..and he is alone..with NO SUPUU icon_razz.gif:D Oh yeah, and the hooves this..kama ya FARASI i hear!

Subxanallah..mastory mob nimeambiwa..mpaka siku hizi..I dont want no one to mention MAJINI..coz my mind immediately connects to those :eek: SCARY.

Another swahili joke >>>> Paka atajuaje???

baada ya matibabu mazito ya miezi 3 ya ugonjwa wa akili wa kujihisi kuwa panya(mental condition where he beleives he is a mouse), yule jamaa akamwomba doktari ruhusa atoke hospitali, kwani sasa anajihisi ni binadamu si panya tena! jamaa kutoka mlangoni tu akarudi ndani kwa kasi na kelele, "jamani nisaidieni, kuna paka nje!!" dokta akamwuliza "si ulisema sasa unajihisi mtu, kwanini unaogopa paka?", akajibu "mimi najijua kama mtu, lakini paka atajuaje kama mimi si panya tena"!!!

raula   

ok watu wa ingo(<--watu wa nyumbani-it was popular among the waluhyas ;) -dont question my originality now wenyeji smile.gif )..december inanikumbushanga nyumbani-coming from a small town(a tiny village in as one sijui said "LIFT VARREY")..kila december mashule zikifungwa-wakristo(christians) especially waluhya na wajaluo(the ethnic groups specific to my region)-walikuwa na chrismas gatherings. Sasa begining of 10th of december-kulikuwa na Chrismas choir..yaani wasee wanapractice kudance so that they can imitate it to the public on Chrismas day-most of the performers were Primo(primary) and seco(secondary) students. Us (wasijui) not knowing ni dambi kusherekea or even associating with them inparticular at that time...we used to join them...kila jioni..tunasikia ngoma (a specific drum named SUKUTI) and will join the line..that extends as they sing along songs in luhya, kiswahili, kijaluo(kijathe)-..."chrismasi njema tumealikwa party...ai mama wee..kila mtu na wake..ai mama wee......"...walaahi tulikuwa watoto..and ignorant of our associations..mungu atusamehe...

other occasions: nani ashaa witness kutairisha (initiation/circumcision periods) ya waluhya na wakale(wakalenjin)..mama weeee...walaahi hamja ona vituko-but it was my best times of the year-kuchongoa nani ametairishwa and now has stepped into manhood/womanhood :D

By the way wakalenjin wanatairisha both male and females. Waluhya hutairisha only boys. Wajathe(Wajaluo on the other hand.).instead of kutairisha..vijana wao-hao hutoa meno sita :eek: :eek: we imagine chali supuu lakino mapengo sita zakuangalia :D Ngai wakwega-hehehehehehehehehehehehehe.

You are very Gut thinker!! :D:D

Interesting...you make me remember my days..Thanks jo..and the Swahili macho inanibamba!!!!Nishasikiza the previous Baby Baby..Huyo beste alikuwa amelewa Na the only thing in his mind that time ilikuwa ni Dame.. :D:D

Thanks Raula..unaendelea na chuo aje? ;)

raula   

^^^chuo ike fiti icon_razz.gif mambo ni mazuri-karibuni winter break humu kwetu marekani(nashindwa kungonjea hata).

ok wenzangu-nani anakumbuka hadithi za ABUNUWASI :D (I loved it back then)..do you know walendo wako na similar character called "been hawaas" smile.gif Nilikuwa na kitabu za abunuwasi but left them in kenya-kuna mtu anaye?

cheki hii

http://www.biashara.biz/products.cfm?PID=511&CFID=7948011&CFTOKEN=4b51f1d-0009fbff-cb1e-11c1-84c6-9c5f4539d036#