Sign in to follow this  
DA_BEAST

CHOOSE YOUR DREAM TEAM

DA_BEAST   

WINGER you need a glasses buddy coz i didn't choose CAFU but JAVIER ZANETTI so next time make sure you reading it properly aight before you make fool outta yourself aight? besides CAFU is much better than NEVILLES compined 2gather so stop tripping aight.

KLUIVERT and none of you even mentioned SUPER PIPPO or RAUL. .

Da Beast com'on apart from inzagi the other two are slow, apart from Raul the other two havent got skill, and apart from Kluivert.....well kluivet hasnt got much that i like in a striker nop deff not

These three strikers are the ones i dislike the most.

I might be tempted to include SHev over Ruud.Van.Nis But never Kluivert or Raul them two are donkeys man. Inzagi on current form might be included.

Baaniyal   

super pipo? Can't stand that git either. No doubt he is one of the top strikers this season. But i just hate how he plays. If u watch him closely, he always backs in to the opposing defender and pulls on their shirt to gain advantage in position. It's his trademark!

Sheva much betta striker and less of a cheat then greasy pipo! :D

N.O.R.F   

shujul, i know we may disagree on a few footballing matters but this one takes the biscuit!!!!!

how on earth can u say raul is a donkey? out of all the strikers in european football he has been the most consistant over the years, he has been there and done that so to speak, hes been around since he was 17 and is still at the top, but i suppose totti is better yeah?

baaniyal: yeah i hate thet pippo too, dont know how he made it!

this is my team

parthez [france]

maldeni[itlay]

dessailly [france]

kafu [brazil]

davis [holand]

figo[portgual]

zidane[france]

rivaldo[brazil]

del piero [italy]

birhuff[germany]

kliever [holand]

WingA   

DA BEAST, maybe you should re-read my post again mate!! no need to be upset that you choose a sh!t dream team.. hang on sec lemme "" it for you!!

my friend was looking at DA_BEAST line up and started laughing but
then again said gary neavile would be a better choice then Cafu and hes a Gooner!! lool..

peez..

where did you see that i said you chose cafu??

Raul is a deadly striker and so is Klivert but Pippo? sorry i think i'll pass!!

DA_BEAST   

WINGER i can't quite put it on my finger but i think there's something bothering you but i tell you what IS ALL LOVE BABY na'mean?

well SHUJUI_1 as much as i hate to disagree with you i think PATRICK KLUIVERT is far better than any ROMANISTA and you know i ain't lying.

KLUIVERT is one of the most underrated players the world has ever known if you think i'm trippin' just look at the case between him and R.V.NISTELROOY and see who gets the most publicity and DID YOU KNOW KLIUVERT IS THE ALL TIME LEADING GOAL SCORER OF HOLLAND?yes the all time goal poacher of his national team after he broke DENNIS "da menace" BERGKAMP of 36 goals and DID YOU KNOW HE AND VAN NISTELRROOY ACTUALLY SHARE THE SAME BIRTH DATE?and yet VAN only managed to hit at the back of the net 9 times in over 20 caps so brothers let's GIVE A CREDIT WHERE IT'S DUE. that's all i'm saying, that's all i'm saying. ONE LUV.I'M OUT,PEACE.

Y'ALL STAY SOMALI. ;);)

Am sorry northner I just dont think hE is anywhere near as good as Totti and i dont care wha anybody thinks on that.

The fact is Raul is slow not strong, hasnt got a right foot and is useless outside the box. Whilst totti is quite fast devasting from Left wing Right wing Center Mid or Up Front Dangerous with His Left and Right foot aswell as heading and makes twices as much goals as he scores. so plz double check whether that Kebab you had prior psoting wasnt contaminated Bro :D

Hi is a good player, but his consistent form is obvious given the team he players for, he has, and has always been surrounded with great players.

And Da Beast like wise am afraid am gonna have to very heavily disagree with you there bro. Kluivert is a donkey with a Capital D. There is no way that he is anywhere near as good a striker as Montella for example, there is no way that you can even can discribe him as a Fantasista or compare him to totti.

Admintedlly he is quite mobile and is good with his left and right peg as well as his head, but lets be honest when it comes to some crunch games he simple collapses and misses the most glaring off chances. Thats why he was ousted after a disastors campagin with AC Milan, and i think Kluivert can be summarised in many ways like Henry of arsenal.

The both can be devasting throught out spells in the season scoring goals assitng and so forth, BUT when it comes to the crunch they are both miserably useless and thats why i dont rate them as great players.

A good example in the euro 2000, Top Goal score but.........Italy and Holland Game Kluivert with the pen what happened?? never mind.

And Henry in Euro 2000 Final, Uefa Final against Gala where he simply disappeared.

If your gonna pick yourself a great team Pick the Trully Great Players, not the Flash in the pan Players.

And i dont want to here Henry has one the world cup and euro champ PLZ give a Nomad a break without Zizo The french, as they so uselessly displayed this summer aint Jack Do Do

Those of you who have British Eurosports Dont miss out. And hopefully you can get a chance to which totti, Fiore Montella and Claudio Lopez amongst others.

-----------------------------------------------------

Totti back in for Derby?

This weekend British Eurosport TV and eurosport.com/co.uk are bringing you LIVE coverage of the always passionate, often volatile Rome derby, between high-flying SS Lazio and the unpredictable AS Roma. Follow all the action from 20:00CET - 7pm British time!

SERIE A: Match-by-Match Preview!

SERIE A: Stankovic fears Lazio could end like Fiorentina!

Thanks to title victories in 2000 and 2001, SS Lazio and AS Roma, respectively, catapulted this fiercest of local rivalries into the world's footballing focus. But this weekend the Rome Derby is truly a tale of rags to riches... both on and off the park...

Lazio's season has been one of unremitting expectation exceeding.

On the verge of financial collapse before a ball was kicked, even Lazio's most ardent supporters were envisaging a year of belt-tightening, hoping for a solid mid-table finish.

The biancocelesti's Serbia and Montenegrin midfielder Dejan Stankovic told Eurosport earlier this season that he feared the Roman club could even have ended up like now defunct Fiorentina.

But the prophets of doom and gloom - thick on the grounds of Italian football - have been gob smacked by the spirit of Lazio's players and the ability of coach Roberto Mancini to harness his motley crew's focus away from the off-field turmoil and concentrate on playing explosive, entertaining football.

But not only did Thursday's courageous 5-4 aggregate win over Wisla Krakow send Lazio into the quarter-finals of the UEFA Cup but it ended a sequence of five draws that saw them slip to fourth in the table.

By contrast, Roma's season to date has been stuttering at best, but their stunning, and unexpected, 3-0 demolition of Valencia and a comprehensive 3-1 victory over Empoli in the Serie A last Sunday suggests the giallorossi may finally be warming to the challenge.

The architect of their recent mini-renaissance - including that memorable Champions League win in the Mestalla - captain Francesco Totti, has been stricken with flu, but his condition improved on Friday and the player could yet take his place in the starting XI.

TEAM NEWS:

Lazio are still without injured defenders Sinisa Mihajlovic and Guiseppe Pancaro, while former Italy 'keeper Luca Marchegiani will again deputise for the ham strung Angelo Peruzzi.

Despite hitting the winner in Poland on Thursday, Mancini is likely to leave Enrico Chiesa on the bench in preference to the devastating duo of Bernardo Corradi and Claudio 'Speedy Gonzalez' Lopez.

With Totti threatened by fle and his regular understudy Antonio Cassano suspended by the Italian FA for abusing officials during the loss to Udinese Roma coach Fabio Capello can take some solace in Empoli-hero Vicenzo Montella's re-found form. Marco Delvecchio will probably move back into a striking role after operating down the left flank in recent weeks.

While at the back, Frenchman Jonathon Zebina returns from suspension to add a little steel to right back with the South American duo of Walter Samuel and Aldair likely to continue as the preferred centre pairing.

PROBABLE LINE-UPS:

Lazio (4-4-2):

Marchegiani; Favalli, Stam, Couto, Negro; Fiore, Giannichedda, Stankovic, Cesar; Corradi, Lopez

Roma (4-4-2):

Pelizzoli; Zebina, Samuel, Aldair, Panucci; Cafu, Emerson, Dacourt, Lima; Delvecchio, Montella

------------------------------------------------------

Baaniyal   

it is quite obvious that an agreement is not reachable on this front, as we seem to be as divided as the UN security council is. Shujui to keep boasting about Totti as being a better a player then the UEFA nominated players of the year is to play a blind eye to these players abilities. I mean how can you say Montella is a better player than Kluivert, and Totti is on level with the Zidane's of football. These so called great players of yours, have done nothing in the CL last season, losing out in a group they were favoured to win. Are dead last in their group in the CL this season, and are suffering in midtable mediocrity in their respective league. Surely if u speak so highly of these two players, they should have been doing better than the Barca's of KLuivert or the Henry's of Arsenal! I mean Roma has top defenders in their team, as compared to Arsenal's and Barca's rearguard! Now you said to not put henry and the world cup in the same sentence, basically meaning he did not deserve his medal. Well let me see here, if you are the leading goal scorer for your nation in the World Cup and Euro, doesn't that classify you as one of their if not most important player in the team. I think we all know enough and watched enough of all these players to come to a conclusion of their abilities. And till Totti takes Italy or Roma to a world cup or euro triumph, our votes will still be out on him. Totti doesn't even come within a sniff of the Roberto Baggio's and Delpiero's, and these guys proved the difference for their respective teams in the 90's(Baggio) and now(Delpeiro). Maybe you can prove me wrong this coming Tuesday in the CL. As this is as big as it gets for both of the teams, let's see who is the bigger player and steps up for his team-->Henry or Totti.

N.O.R.F   

baaniyal, could,nt agree with u more mate!

shuji, i think u need some new glasses or a bigger tv screen cos i'm sure i have been watching a completly diff ball game to you over the last 10 yrs or so!

totti is nothing!!!! full stop, like i said hes good but not that good, u need to start judging players when they play in the league, euro and internationals, which totti has not done much in!

anyway lets agree to disagree, we will see how the season pans out!

WingA   

WINGER i can't quite put it on my finger but i think there's something bothering you but i tell you what IS ALL LOVE BABY na'mean?

?? aight mate ?? whatever you say!!

Senora   

This is soo boring.... redface.gif

but then again

it's cute( and a bit sexy ;) ) to see u guys all worked up about this sport, lol