Sign in to follow this  
checkmate

u know u r somali when u ...........

Intel   

Originally posted by OG_Girl:

I would add that , I know I am somali cos my father is Somali

:D

me missed OG man :(

I am a real Somali guess 12 of what was said is my family or me.

--------------------------------------------------

You know you're somali when... there are buttons missing on your TV, so you use fork to change the channels.. lol

ya kno ur somali when tea is made 5 times a day

ya kno ur somali when ur dad married two other wifes

You know u somali when u buy a computer and ur parents ask for BBC somali radio 24/7

You know you're somali when... you have a printer, but it doesn't WORk

you know ur somali when your niece is 40yrs older than you.

you know ur somali when ur told the wedding starts @ 9 pm but the guests and bride show up at 12 am.

you know ur somali when a basic 3 on 3 bball game takes two hours ta finish

you know ur somali when ur hair is soft and u look mixed but ur lil brother looks like he's from kenya.. ..............

YOU KNOW YOUR SOMALI WHEN YOU PUT KETCHUP IN EVERYTHING

You know ur Somali when you use banana for everything

U dang' sure are somali when "you have an answer to everything" (there is never a dumb somali)

nasra2   

you know you are somali when ladies come to work smelling like "CUUD" and they are told others are allergic to it. The funny part is this really happened to a woman I know and she was told to go home and change her clothes and she DID.

This one happened to me. You are you somali when you respond to a client via phone with somali like "haa" instead of "yes" accidently.

Xargaga   

you know youare somali when you refer to all whites as "gaal"

you know your somali when you spitt carelessly in public.

you kow your somali when you are asked for qaraan.

when u live in the same house with 20 ppl and if everybody is from your tribe!

when all the xalimos in the neighborhood think dating a non-somali is a step up!!

when u think your warlord is the best leader for the country!

"you know ur somali when a basic 3 on 3 bball game takes two hours ta finish" :D

soomaali maxaa lugu taag taagsaday maanta, eeh, anina ingriis yar aa isku dayaa nooh~ ka qabo!

YOu know u are somali when you think coloring your hairblonde is the latest fashion or makes u a badboy (wesleysnipes lol).

You know u are somali when you call all black people Yo YO or Madow (like your skin is different)

You know you ar somali when you think you are styling because you are wearing dark glasses

You know you are somali when u know at least 4 people that got married to hide pregnancy.

YOu know you are somali when you claim to be old with back aches at the age of 35

YOu know you are somali when the relatives of your fiance is playa hating on you.

You know you are somali when you have that one cousin who knows everybody's tribe.

You know you are somali when you are hardcore in the community but a punk when it comes to fighting others.

You know you are somali when you find a way to rationalize every lie.

You know you are somali when you think tupac is not a gaal.

You know you are somal when you consider searching for a job by asking everyone where they work at.

You know you are somali when you expect a funny person to make u laugh everytime.

You know you are somali when you watch a movie that you dont even understand the language

to be continued

Urban   

some of these jokes brought back some good memories..

YOu know you are somali when you claim to be old with back aches at the age of 35 <<< SO SO TRUE, MY AUNT!! :D

YOu know you are somali when you have at least 100 relatives called "Abdi"

YOu know you are somali when your mum calls you from your bedroom to pass the phone...even tho it's just across the room!

Does anyone else hate it when your mum blasts Fadumo Qasim on the stereo, cuz ur embarassed that the neighbours might hear it?...or is it just me?

Baluug   

Originally posted by Xaaji_Faro_badne:

You know you are somal when you consider searching for a job by asking everyone where they work at.

LOL You don't actually search for a job, you just tell your working friend to write an application for you wherever the guy works

Chanel   
Originally posted by checkmate:

You know u somali when u buy a computer and ur parents ask for BBC somali radio 24/7

Lol...typical

Here are some more i happen to come across

GIRLS: You own a gold set

You wonder why people stare when you hire out a car, because they saw you yesterday with a banger

Your phone number is x-directory

You have a limited variety of food recipes

Your phone line has been cut off at home, your mum only wants incoming calls, yet you have a mobile phone

At school, your parents were never aware of Parents’ Evening (…and if they did attend Parents’ Evening and you got a bad report, you told them that the teachers were all racist)

Girls: Your brother thinks he’s your dad

You address every other Somali person on the planet as "your cousin"

You have to offer guests tea even before they’ve stepped into your house

You dance at a complete stranger’s wedding (and claim you are a distant relative)

Your can tell a Somali home by it’s curtains

You studied A’ Level Maths and your seen as one in a million in the Somali population

You go to drop off one person to the airport, but you take 50 extra people with you

Your entire family runs the marathon when they see a dog (calmly walking on the other side of the road)

You’re related to your husband/wife even before you’ve married them

It’s quiet common to still be in college or school at the age of 30.

nasra2   

lol..Your entire family runs the marathon when they see a dog (calmly walking on the other side of the road).

yup, that is true :)