Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

LIVE: Somaliland Election Update

galbeedi   

There were probably also a lot of dirty tricks by Kulmiye. Three days ago WAddani fired seven people Representative the party in Ahmed Dhagax and other Hargeisa district after it was discovered they were double agents.

• Thanks 1

Saalax   
14 minutes ago, Mooge said:

Saalax, what is the way forward for the family niyoow?  Galbeedi may call Cirro weak, but i think his calm personality was appealing to many voters. he never took shit from anyone if he was pushed also. remember his famous punch against the Baashi guy from LA. lol

one bright spot in biixi win is we have Saalax as the unloyal totally rebellious opposition in the next 5 years to keep the corrupt stooges honest niyoow. lol

It is stormy waters ahead for all but we  know what to do soon inshallah.

Saalax   
23 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

Saalax,

Awdal was a fertile ground for the opposition, but Cirro had done nothing to earn their vote.  Few weeks before the election I wrote i my in-box an article by the headline, " if Waddani loses Awdal , he might lose the election", yet I decided to discard it for not sounding pessimistic or putting doubts about the leader.

He got the 50%plus votes from awdal due to the good will  the people had for the Cirro community and their desire for change, but in terms of what Waddani will do for Awdal, he said nothing. He would not touch the Lughaya port, the Head tax in Lawyacado, and many other issues. When Samatar publicly said that a Kulmiye government will build the Djibouti-Borama road , it attracted a lot of people. 

When he was the chairman of the parliament, he appointed parliamentary committees , and he did not appoint one single Awdalite.  In fact Cirro never  ever commented one single issues concerning AWdal.

Cirro was helped and selected by Siilaanyo and his people to off set the strong leaders who would have defeated Biixi easily. Brother, we all knew he was weak and indecisive", laakiin mar haddii la soo hor mariyey waanu taageernay'

In order to became a leader he destroyed UCID, UDUB, Rayaale and Ahmed muumin , and finally it all catch up to him.

He got 50% in Balligubadle the stronghold of temporary chairman Jirde. Nimankii la gabayaagoodu ku yidhi ,

"Lix meeshaad ku joogtaan dagaal laabta ka ogaada" 

oo aan badanaa kala hadhin oo la is lahaa Waddani  ayey iskugu tageen Boqolkiiba 50% buu ka helay.

Also, unlike the presumption, not everyone voted according to their tribe except the clans of the two candidates.

Good analysis galbeedi but in the end the truth is  the Awdal community is not united

and doesn't vote as one block.  The west Burco community is a united block and backed Dahir Riyaale in 2003 100% . So they are a more reliable block.  Also you are right the

Ahmed Dhagax and South Hargeisa communities did not vote for WADANI 100% but

in the end it is them that will lose out.  The same old nonsense will continue  in their

districts in Hargeisa such as no water and no roads. They expect Cirro to do all the

heavy lifting for them but ain't reliable when it counts (voting).

galbeedi   

You right Awdal was divided more than over. The division from Ahmed Muumin affair also did some damage. Kulmiye also, encouraged the fragmentation. THe party does nt start the healing very early.

Also, Although the West Burco helped a lot Rayaale finally at the end about 25-30 percent voted for Siilaanyo including the Cirro community who were the forefront to defeat Rayaale. That is why Cirro never got the endorsement of Rayaale.

In all I still believe The future belongs to the opposition. Next time the race will be three man race if Faysal leaves the field. Also , large number of Awdl votes were missing especially from opposition. the 147,000 who registered only 102,000 got their card most of them from opposition strongholds at the border communities whom Ethiopia closed the border for crossing.

In Lawyacado there were only few Waddani observers where a massive unprecedented number people came from Djibouti and facilitated by Kulmiye. Waddani used many diaspora observers who were not familiar with local tricks and games.

WE shall see. History has tought us that, " Midba ka uu ka dambeeyo wuu ka sii liitaa ama kd masiibo iyo dhib badan yahay" marka laga hadlayo mandiqadan Sooomaaliyeed.

Khayr.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Mooge   
43 minutes ago, galbeedi said:

There were probably also a lot of dirty tricks by Kulmiye. Three days ago WAddani fired seven people Representative the party in Ahmed Dhagax and other Hargeisa district after it was discovered they were double agents.

haha. Galbeedi what is a double agent in somaliland politics niyoow? were they converting votes to kulmiye at midnight or something? 

walahi niyoow kulmiye waa masiibo. ma shaqalihii hose lacag siyeen durba si election day dadka u jaahwareriyan. 

Saalah, Agree,  Awdal community helped BIIHI  big time.

ANd BIIHI is out of his depth, SL had 100s of high calibre politicians, why elect a warlord?

This will be a regression for SL.

galbeedi   

Mooge,

We , the diaspora think we are smarter than the locals,

Laakiin Walaahi dalka markaad tegto way ina iibsanayaan. Kulmiye used locals not the diaspora. Meel walba dad baa u joogay , xadhkaha mar hore ayey xidheen. 

• Like 2

Tallaabo   
14 hours ago, galbeedi said:

I think we have been defeated. It is time to move on.

Muuse Biixi and the professors had won. 

Since Samatar joined Kulmiye  INa Biixi was acting differently. He might not even celebrate too much. I think it was Tallaabo who a years or so said it that the presence of Samatar might bring the "Jabhad"

Biixi has a huge opportunity to make his cabinet. Almost all the old style politicians from UDUB, to Kulmiye went to Waddani. If Cirro had won,  he would had  a big mess ,and difficult time to appease all the " Macaan Jecel" who joined the last minute. There were  over three dozen Hargeisa politicians. Muuse Biixi has free hand to choose his cabinet.

Some Kulmiye guys from Awdal think that " Ina Biixi sida reer Muduga rag badan buu iska soo reebay cidna faraqa ma haysato" 

My only worry is Samatar and Cali Galayr will  have  a big microphone and will  destroy Farmaajo and the Southern Somali politicians  through the media and there won't be anyone to defend them.

Galbeedi although I was half-heartedly supporting Wadani, I was very apprehensive about the sheer number of what you aptly called "macaan jecel" who opportunistically jumped on to the party bandwagon when they caught a whiff of success coming from our direction. Probably, a Wadani administration would have become a harmonious one but one with a 100 plus well-paid ministers, no direction, and no decisive leadership. 

Parliamaanka DF Somalia oo hambalyo iyo bogaadin u diray madaxwayna Somaliland ee shacabku so doortay. 

Xubnaha Aqalka sare "Doorashadii Somaliland waa mid aan Africa aan ka dhicin oo xamaasad iyo xiiso lahayd".

• Like 1

This is just another level of political maturity. It shows that this country is on the right path. Regardless how bitter the contest is, regardless of whether someone feels cheated of victory, the overarching obligations to keep the unity, peace and progress of country and its people is what counts. Kudos to both Dr. Cirro & Pres. Elect Biihi.

• Like 3