Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

LIVE: Somaliland Election Update

Mooge   

lol@Alpha cheering for a family member declared winners. Suldanka, Barwaqo and Alphi all from biixi family want to convince us this was a fair election that will bring the longa waited recognition. 

having said that, Cirro should just move on instead of creating chaos. niyoow find your own way to cheat next time. 

3 hours ago, Barwaaqo said:
3 hours ago, Alpha Blondy said:

Potential cabinet 

Foreign Affairs - Prof Ahmed Ismail samater

Finance - Jamal Ali Hussein

Interior - Faratoon

Education - Abdullahi Habane

Health - Saaleban Xaglatoosiye

Information - Mohamud Hashi

Energy - Hussein Dulaleh

Social affairs - cadani

Defence - cadami

Livestock - 

Investment -

Water - 

Public works - 

Telecoms -

Isbedel baa loo baahan yahay, quba wixii hore dhig cusub keena yacni bedeluuuuu

Of course I agree with you 100 per cent. Change is needed. We'll see who will be appointed. We should expect a full reshuffle, although some will stay. 

8 minutes ago, Mooge said:

lol@Alpha cheering for a family member declared winners. Suldanka, Barwaqo and Alphi all from biixi family want to convince us this was a fair election that will bring the longa waited recognition. 

having said that, Cirro should just move on instead of creating chaos. niyoow find your own way to cheat next time. 

It was a free and fair elections. We don't need you to validate this election niyoow. 

• Haha - That was funny. You made me laugh! 1

Mooge   

Lol @warabe. faysal divided the largest clan in somaliland just to become a third token candidate. but he is a mad man so nobody pays attention to his cabaad.   warabe beenloow is busy spending his 200K he got from biixi SM funders.  he is happy tonight niyoow. 

niyoow I hope the demonstrations happening in sanaag and togdheer tonight don't turn violent. nobody wins when people die. let them protest peacefully but somaliland militia must not use live bullets on demonstrators. 

Whether he took a bribe or not, at this point, it makes no sense for him to be there.

So, Mooge, when is Gaas's promised multiparty election? Or is still in the air racking his frequent flyer miles?

Mooge   

che, niyoow i am better off with fair and balanced election than a fake fraud. until that system is ready, waiting is better than chaos. yeah the overall participation  people) is lower in puntland elections because it is only MPs that vote for the president, but you can't deny it was a fair and transparent election that beat ruugcadaa Faroole. such thing would never happen in somaliland. it is always kushubo and fake and at every election, people are killed in riots.  i have to give it to them though. they know how to run propaganda campaigns. 

biixi - hostile takeover of kulmiye by threatening East Burco family that it is his turn

waraabe - destroyed jamaal, a young promising leader, by arguing it is his party and nobody else other than his clan should rule. 

Waddani - niyoow this was probably the most honest representation of the three parties. cirro put a coalition together and it worked. except he was cheated by the SM elites who control somaliland behind the scene. 

• Thanks 1

Mooge, Since it is MPs that will pick the President: Puntland, at the very least, should elect MPs. I would agree direct presidential elections is bad idea for Puntland but I do think municipal and parliament elections can be done.

Mooge   

che, the MPs are picked by few people representing communities or clans if you want use that term. the same way Somaliland party leaders are picked by few mostly clan members to lead the party before the election niyoow.  so yeah, every system has flaws, but i am a pragmatist, i will protest if abdiweli brings this BS to Puntland without a proper system to make sure kushubo like somaliland doesn't happen. 

niyoow anyone who engages in kushubo election fraud is stealing people's dreams like what happened in somaliland 2017 election. can you imagine the generation of wadani supporters who will feel they are second class citizens because they were openly cheated in the most flagrant kushubo election fraud every recorded in somali history.  it is sad niyoow. 

Tallaabo   
5 hours ago, Alpha Blondy said:

DLTPAWEX0AIfl0U.jpg

There is a lot of potential for good leadership here if the clan politics is ditched and justice prevails.

• Like 1

Barwaaqo & Alpha,

La shukran ala wajib. 

Anyway thanks.

With regards to Somaliland's progress towards representative democracy, I have to say that we have come a long way. The issues you are seeing today are issues related to technicalities, personal greed etc. They are not in anyway shape or form reflective of the general view and direction of this country. 

Technical issues like underage voting, publishing results on time (same day/night), ballot paper authentity and verifications. These can be fixed, I am very confident come next elections, these issues will be addressed. 

The hardest issue that will not be guaranteed is the issue of greed, dishonesty and related issues of officials discharging their duty faithfully and honestly. This will take a long time. 

Overall, Somaliland is moving forward, slowly but surely. 

• Like 1