Sign in to follow this  
Suldaanka

LIVE: Somaliland Election Update

1 hour ago, Suldaanka said:

From the comments that I have so far read on Facebook, and considering some of my friends lists who were staunch Somalia Unionists and reading their opinions.

I have come to the conclusion a lot of people who had a baised & bigoted opinion previously have now seen the truth that Somaliland is no about two or three politicians dreaming about a country. Rather, it is about the desires of a people that have had enough of old false dreams and want to instead focus on building their country steadfastly with or without any support from outside. 

A lot of the comments that I have read were of the opinion that reer Somaliya need to support Somaliland's cause and let her independence. Because they know with or without Somalia, Somalilander's determinations will see them through and break that barrier. 

keep dreaming.

Somalis are emotional and fickle bunch, you shouldn't take Facebook comments as sign of their warming up to clan secession cause. We all remember Farmaajo hullabaloo not too long ago, this tribal census too will pass and the reality will hit you in the face. 

2 hours ago, anoo kale said:

keep dreaming.

Somalis are emotional and fickle bunch, you shouldn't take Facebook comments as sign of their warming up to clan secession cause. We all remember Farmaajo hullabaloo not too long ago, this tribal census too will pass and the reality will hit you in the face. 

You are so far behind. You will need at least 10 years to catch up. Nolosha cusub.

galbeedi   

Suldaanka,

I take back all the numbers that i posted . There were too many changes to be reliable.

I apologize to the SOL readers for posting unverified results.

• Like 2

Saalax   
19 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

Counting less than one million votes should not take this long.

It is rigged. Fake ballot papers were printed from UAE and kids voted.

Gabiley district.jpg

Saalax   
12 minutes ago, Che -Guevara said:

I really hope that's not true. Somalis need a win, not another Somali region with crooked leadership.

Why would one document their misdeeds?

It is true already confirmed by the international community who were observers there.

"We have noted areas of concern, including observation of what appeared to be underage voting"

Mooge   

"democracy" in shambles. it was a fake name used by clannist diaspora to win recognition for their stupid project but today everyone can see it how fake it was.  there is nothing called democracy in somaliland. that is why Puntland is taking its time to implement this sham European process because we have a better way of guaranteeing constituents rights and that is what we did in 2014. Abdiweli beat Faroole by one vote. that Puntland election was so transparent, so fair that not a single dispute came out. 

niyoow we pray for the people of somaliland that there is no bloodshed. this is not looking good niyoow. 

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Che -Guevara said:

Counting less than one million votes should not take this long.

well said, in UK, 32 million votes out of a possible out of 46.9 million, in last election was counted in few hours, A lot of high school kids help, delivering boxes , etc

It is true, UK is light years ahead, but counting votes is not rocket science

What are they doing!!

2 hours ago, Mooge said:

"democracy" in shambles. it was a fake name used by clannist diaspora to win recognition for their stupid project but today everyone can see it how fake it was.  there is nothing called democracy in somaliland. that is why Puntland is taking its time to implement this sham European process because we have a better way of guaranteeing constituents rights and that is what we did in 2014. Abdiweli beat Faroole by one vote. that Puntland election was so transparent, so fair that not a single dispute came out. 

niyoow we pray for the people of somaliland that there is no bloodshed. this is not looking good niyoow. 

Ninyahow, let us not compare apples with oranges, PL process was a selection, not election

And honestly in your heart, do you think Abdiweli Gaas or any of the family that passes the top post, is geniune about reform,

Where there is a will there is away, legitimate, credible elections , with one man one vote, does not take 20 years to invent.

The bottle calling the kettle black